• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony And Microsofts Next Generation Racers Rumored

Boss Man

DerZuhälter;47356014 said:
So aegies "Wait for Durango Secret Sauce! It will all make sense" is now the stamp of credibility on NeoGAF. Interesting.

This isn't sarcasm and I'm not trying to be a dick here.
I don't know his credentials or anything but I'd guess that he's just relaying the information that he's heard. Maybe he talked to a Durango developer who said something and it was exaggerated slightly because of context or something. Who knows. GAF seems to trust him and Thuway though, and I don't assume it's for no reason.

TheOddOne

I wasn't aware of anyone at Lucid being ex-Criterion.
Yeah, have not seen it either. This is what Linkedin says:

jUsM1NLNaSCDE.png

Skyzard

Banned
That certainly helps a little..with the lack of Wipeout...if it's good I might go day 1 for it + console. Has to be seriously impressive for me to pay premium though (before bundles etc).

I would love to see a return to form for Midtown Madness. I loved playing Midtown Madness on Xbox. The 8 player level in paris was cool.

Or maybe the Halo Kart. That could be fun... with crazy space levels, playable characters like Grunt and Baby Sarge.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Wish it were the futuristic car racer Wipeout prequel 2048 teased coming from Evolution's end:
Ze3Ojwz.jpg

But alas, boring old modern cars it is :(

First off... no shit there will be racers at the launch of both systems. You don't need an inside source to deduct that.

Secondly they won't be showing evolution's new game on feb 20th.

Mobius 1

tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

Good job writing a couple of paragraphs about a whole lot of nothing. All those ideas are obvious given the imminent release of new consoles.

Of course, the last thing Polyphony wants is to be directly compared to another team who can make games on a quicker schedule, that is more consistent and features a real damage model

Do you know where you can stick your yearly release schedules and damage models:p

I'll take one gt game a gen thanks, the kind of support gt5 got after release and the amount of free updates is awesome.

I wish more studios took the time to release their games.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
This is a team FULL of ex Liverpool ;)

I know, thats what makes me at least somewhat hopeful for the future. The rumours we've heard that Evolution were after the Gran Turismo label, less so. Way to make yerselves seem redundant in the company with 2 big graphical car game showcases, *sigh*

Perkel

Banned
Internally they are calling it Europe’s biggest racing game in a decade.

I don't what to think about it. Smells like bullshit to me. And i don't think Sony will a lot of money for potential GT opposition.

So racing games will be next gen bow ?

ron-paul.gif

ron-paul.gif

ron-paul.gif

ron-paul.gif

ron-paul.gif

I should be a bit more professional about this as a journalist --- BUT BAH GAWD! PGR4 is easily my favorite racer of all time and I have a lot of love for Evolution & Motorstorm and can't wait to see what they have.

Several people I know at sony have each told me what they are planning to show... and each are the same three games. And none of those games are evo's racer.

But who knows. I would personally assume they haven't locked down yet what they are going to show.

Perkel

Banned
Do you know where you can stick your yearly release schedules and damage models:p

I'll take one gt game a gen thanks, the kind of support gt5 got after release and the amount of free updates is awesome.

I wish more studios took the time to release their games.

iyNKhjCPJLQQO.gif

I agree.

Several people I know at sony have each told me what they are planning to show... and each are the same three games. And none of those games are evo's racer.

But who knows. I would personally assume they haven't locked down yet what they are going to show.

So what are those three games?

Supposing you actually know something...you didn't deny that Guerilla Games will be making an appearance. ;-)

Fixed1979

lol@gaf was about to rip this guy apart but the polygon guy saved him.
interesting to hear about the dueling racers.

Has it really been so long that he's now "the polygon guy"...shit.

Norante said:
Good job writing a couple of paragraphs about a whole lot of nothing. All those ideas are obvious given the imminent release of new consoles.

Great contribution; I'm assuming... jealousy?

Supposing you actually know something...you didn't deny that Guerilla Games will be making an appearance. ;-)

Guerilla Games showing the new IP seems like the safest prediction anyone could make TBH.

They have been winking at something big coming for a while and its been just long enough since KZ3 that they should be ready for launch window.

Wait wait wait... PGR brainchild is part of Evolution? ... the Sony guys? And they are making a "PGR" styled game?

PGR5 for MS?

GG game reveal?

I'm kinda glad GT wasn't changed to add the "PGR" stuff, but part of me would like to see how that ended.

Studio Liverpool?

This would be a dream come true.

waypoetic

Banned
Both of those games take inspiration from Project Gotham Racing? Yeah, uh, ok.
I know the Studio Liverpool guys have something going on, Loudninja posted something about them having a new futuristic racer (not WipEout) IP in the works, but that doesn't like that at all.

Although PGR always work best (and suffer more) by being a console launch game, I believe MS would stronger the Forza brand, by releasing either a new Forza main game or spin-off.

B.O.O.M

I'm really curious if it's going to be the new IP or KZ4. I could see them wanting to just do KZ4, finish up the story, then focus on the new IP but they may get a ton more hype behind the new IP at launch and then pull out the stops visually on KZ4 after they've had more time with final hardware. Could go either way.

I think from a business as well as a fan reaction point of view, a brand new IP from GG making good use of ps4 hardware would do wonders for the hype behind the launch. KZ can wait.

Either that or a VIsari level of epic speech is needed lol

abadguy

Banned
PGR5 at launch of Durango would make me a happy gamer, but two PGR style racers by Ex Bizzarre guys on competing consoles at launch? Shits crazy.

iMax

I am not sure if I understand the Criterion part. Should I read it as Ex-Criterion developers?

Must be. Criterion is wholly owned by EA, so unless Microsoft has worked a publishing deal out with them, Criterion isn't anything to do with this.

Perkel

Banned
I think from a business as well as a fan reaction point of view, a brand new IP from GG making good use of ps4 hardware would do wonders for the hype behind the launch. KZ can wait.

Either that or a VIsari level of epic speech is needed lol

Twist: You will play Visari. Quest : Kill Rico

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
There were a couple of people posting in the Sony Reveal thread that were hinting about this.

Then there was also that little teaser pic from Lucid Games' website too.

Top Bottom