• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shaving Helmet - Fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawsie64

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bgRszdUdhQ&feature=player_embedded

THE interwebs are abuzz - this time, literally - with excitement after a video surfaced yesterday of a man who claims to have developed a "shaving helmet".
The aptly titled "Shaving Helmet" featured on YouTube has been picked up by hundreds of tech and media sites such as Huffington Post, Wired and Gizmodo.
The device does exactly what it says - put it on and it automatically (or as one site put it, “automagically”) shaves your head for you.
But before you get all excited, it is highly unlikely that the helmet will work the way it appears to in the video.
The helmet has been fitted with four razors which sit on aluminium rails and are powered by two motors which are fixed on either side of the helmet.
A tube of shaving gel attached to the back of the helmet automatically injects into the helmet for the duration of the shave (approximately 15 seconds).

Jokergrin said:
that sounds... safe
groverdocktor.jpg

why move the camera away from the "magic" while it's happening?

we could still hear the guy talk, no need to see him, could it be ....FAKE!!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man that'd be rad if it were real. I wonder how you'd clean it? I guess remove the blades and wash em all or something.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Most likely fake — this is viral marketing for some other shaving-related product or something.

SpacLock

Well...

There's 4 blades and if you look at the tracks inside the helmet you can see that there's no way for the blades to shave around your ears, or even close to them + add the space between the razors which would give you corn rows (basically) and logic will tell you that they pulled the ol' switcharoo. Possibly a twin or a clever edit.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
vatstep said:
Most likely fake — this is viral marketing for some other shaving-related product or something.

Well the dude who is talking about the helmet is holding a headblade in that video, so if it's viral marketing for anything, it's headblade.

Risible

This always astounds me. Some bullshit video goes up and people post responses like "Most likely fake" or "I doubt it's real but.."

OF COURSE IT'S FUCKING FAKE. Just think for one second of the engineering that would need to go into a device that could go on any persons head and shave them correctly. That's straight up Star Trek shit.

Not to mention the safety and legal ramifications of manufacturing such a device.

It's like that stupid video that showed "3D without glasses" with the guys eyes blinking to simulate 3D. Even that video got tons of "Is this real?!?!?!111" responses when it couldn't have more obviously been a joke.

FFS.

Trurl

Banned
Risible said:
This always astounds me. Some bullshit video goes up and people post responses like "Most likely fake" or "I doubt it's real but.."

OF COURSE IT'S FUCKING FAKE. Just think for one second of the engineering that would need to go into a device that could go on any persons head and shave them correctly. That's straight up Star Trek shit.

Not to mention the safety and legal ramifications of manufacturing such a device.

It's like that stupid video that showed "3D without glasses" with the guys eyes blinking to simulate 3D. Even that video got tons of "Is this real?!?!?!111" responses when it couldn't have more obviously been a joke.

FFS.
Whoa, whoa, whoa--that was fake?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
LOL

I went to undergrad with Ken. Imagine my surprise seeing him (them) there.

2642_547613930379_24800851_33329724_643409_n.jpg

He has an identical twin who was also at our undergrad. This is how I know it's fake.

Rorschach

Bboy AJ said:
LOL

He has an identical twin who was also at our undergrad. This is how I know it's fake.
Case closed.

Bboy AJ said:
LOL

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs020.snc1/2642_547613930379_24800851_33329724_643409_n.jpg[IMG]
He has an identical twin who was also at our undergrad. This is how I know it's fake.[/QUOTE]

That's cool that you remember them by having a pic of one of them as your avatar.

Shawsie64

Banned
Bboy AJ said:
LOL

Woah we have an exclusive here! haha Gaf prevails again

Bboy AJ said:
LOL

I love gaf sometimes. This is one of those times.

xbhaskarx

Bboy AJ said:
LOL

Why would you sell out your own friend?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Most likely a school/college project that went viral.

GavinGT

Banned
Remember when that guy in the OT confessed to being the boyfriend in those "Hannah hotel sex" videos that everyone in the world has jerked off to? This is almost that weird.

Shawsie64

Banned
GavinGT said:
Remember when that guy in the OT confessed to being the boyfriend in those "Hannah hotel sex" videos that everyone in the world has jerked off to? This is almost that weird.

Haha yeah whispy scoundrel.. that one was weird! Gaf>Internet

AVclub

LOL! Should have at least let Autotune the News make a song with them before letting the cat out of the bag. Oh well...case closed indeed.

GavinGT

Banned
Bboy AJ said:
LOL

What were their majors? Marketing?

arab

GavinGT said:
No way. I could never beat off to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom