• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: SRPG Natural Doctrine Coming West For PS3, PS4, PSVita - Fall 2014 - Cross Save

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Today, IGN can reveal that Natural Doctrine -- the slick-looking strategy-RPG -- will be released in western markets. The game was developed by Kadokawa Games and launches in Japan on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita on April 3rd. Kadokawa is publishing the game itself in Japan; in the west, NIS will publish it.

Natural Doctrine puts players in a fictional world that revolves around a substance known as Pluton. Adventurers plunder Pluton from dangerous underground caverns, but there are evil and dangerous beasts, monsters, and more standing in between them and their loot. As evil follows these explorers to the surface, it's up to them to protect the city of Feste from destruction.

In some ways, Natural Doctrine seems to be most akin to games like Final Fantasy Tactics, Advance Wars, and even Valkyria Chronicles. It will be available in the fall of 2014 in both North America and Europe and can be purchased both digitally and at retail for all three PlayStation platforms. The game comes toting both Cross-Play and Cross-Save functionality, though it's unclear if there will be any sort of Cross-Buy between the versions.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04...-ps3-ps4-vita?abthid=533ad488209d0af93e00001c

Not surprised.

A bit worried that its score in Famitsu isn't that great, hopefully, it can be decent.

Natural Doctrine (PS4) – 7/8/8/8 [31/40]
Natural Doctrine (PS3) – 7/8/8/8 [31/40]
Natural Doctrine (PSV) – 6/8/8/8 [30/40]

Boxart:

1mcV0am.jpg

Shinta

Banned
Not surprised.

A bit worried that its score in Famitsu isn't that great, hopefully, it can be decent.

For Vita it should be a nice fit. For PS4, I think it'll be pretty underwhelming.

I'm still really curious to see which turns out to be the better SRPG, this or Unsung Story. I really think it could go either way at this point.

Shinta

Banned
This is the game with the main character "Jeff" right? Best main character name ever.

Random fact: I guess the composer for this game composed the OST for Rurouni Kenshin in 1996.

Coxy

dontbeanaprilsfoolsdontbeanaprilsfoolsdontbeanaprilsfools

oh thank fuck, I've been hoping this one would make it :D

NISA is dfoing it? double excellent, hopefully it'll have a snazzy CE so I can support it with all my wallet

redcrayon

For Vita it should be a nice fit. For PS4, I think it'll be pretty underwhelming.

I'm still really curious to see which turns out to be the better SRPG, this or Unsung Story. I really think it could go either way at this point.

I thought Unsung Story missed it's Vita stretch goal?

Seda

I'm certainly curious about this title, and definitely interested in seeing impressions when the game releases in Japan.

EDIT: NISA has yet to say anything, so I have to wonder if this has anything to do with today's date. Sony hasn't either.

Not surprised.

I wouldn't really trust Famitsu scores; that low score just means the devs didn't pay them enough for a higher score :)
Just watch gameplay videos when they're available and read impressions on GAF.

MSMrRound

I'm certainly curious about this title, and definitely interested in seeing impressions when the game releases in Japan.

In-game Natural Doctrine gameplay: Niel Riverside battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HvBYeuMi7Mg)

I'm interested too, and Valkyria Chronicles is one, if not my favourite title of recent times *points at avatar. Imca is still one of the best.*.

I'm not going to kid myself though. While it can say to draw inspiration from Valkyria Chronicles, this doesn't quite look like the successor (spiritual or not) that I'm looking for.

From the initial gameplay videos, the textures look...what's a word for it? ...rather chunky..and those damage numbers too...yikes.

Not really digging the static character portraits conversation cut-ins too.

Still, like others, I'll be keeping an eye on first hand impressions in Japan. I might go for it if it proves to be somewhat decent.

Holding on for a Valkyria Chronicles 4 for PS4/Vita though. Come on SEGA. Stop asking the Skies of Arcadia/Valkyria Chronicles director to do Dengeki Fighting Climax. There's so much more that his talents can be used on.

mejin

I thought It was a digital only title, I would pay at best 20 bucks and that's it...but at full price I'm out.

Niel Riverside battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HvBYeuMi7Mg)

I'm interested too, and Valkyria Chronicles is one, if not my favourite title of recent times *points at avatar. Imca is still one of the best.*.

I'm not going to kid myself though. While it can say to draw inspiration from Valkyria Chronicles, this doesn't quite look like the successor (spiritual or not) that I'm looking for.

From the initial gameplay videos, the textures look...what's a word for it? ...rather chunky..and those damage numbers too...yikes.

Not really digging the static character portraits conversation cut-ins too.

Still, like others, I'll be keeping an eye on first hand impressions in Japan. I might go for it if it proves to be somewhat decent.

Yeah

Love the art style

Im interested! Looking forward to it

MSMrRound

Im am trying to grasp the turn system

Is it Player/Enemy Phase or what?

Turn by turn (look out for those icons on top of the screen) . Allies highlighted in blue, enemies in red. Both sides are able to gang up on targets if conditions are fulfilled, while those supporting in the back can trigger and use magic/range/healing/support skills.

They should change the spelling of his name to Geoff in the localization to make it fit better with a fantasy setting. Its a strange distinction but one which seems to be noteworthy given the response his name seems to get.

krossj

Want to play this. While the art direction isn't doing much for me the combat looks sort of interesting. Will pick it up when it is released over here if it seems like a decent tactics game.

Top Bottom