• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Party: The Top 100 announced

RikuDawn

>3DS exclusive
>No boards (then again I'd probably rather have no boards than that stupid car shit)
>No online
This better not be full price.

I just came here to do what many others have already done and vent about the stupidity of not putting this on the Switch. Having played a number of Mario Parties, this would have been the perfect couch multiplayer game for my wife and I. A mix of nostalgia and fun antics. Even my parents would have thoroughly enjoyed it when we visit. The decision to not put this on the Switch is stupid, baffling, and just pisses me off. I'd say "Nintendo gonna Nintendo", but it shouldn't have to be like that.

Oh well. Nintendo gonna Nintendo

Velcro Fly

Would have been cool to have boards from various MP games. Like a true Mario Party All-Stars sort of feel to it.

$40 for a mini game collection might be a bit steep though. I'll have to see the full list of mini games before I decide.

Stopdoor

For the mini games? It really didn't.

Yeah, there's some real gems in the new games as well.

This game better have some cool features like tons of playable characters or an entire N64 graphics mode to make up for lack of boards. That last one is the most massive pipe-dream I could have.

Drain You

I don't get why this isn't online, still absolutely going to get it though.

Someone should stream a 4 player marathon of all 100 games..

Hexer06

Was hyped til I saw 3DS only. Was really hoping it was gonna be for Switch.

Edit: And no online?? Nvm, Nintendo gonna be Nintendo.

RedToad64

boxart.png

So this really is a boxed release. Surely there are more than just minigames, right?

According to the Mario Wiki, Mario Party 7 has 88 minigames...

Aomber

Uh, am I missing something? Why would you buy this, on 3DS of all platforms? The full mario party games are on virtual console for a fraction of the price

Uh, am I missing something? Why would you buy this, on 3DS of all platforms? The full mario party games are on virtual console which are complete mario party games for a fraction of the price

Only MP2 is on the (Wii and Wii U) VC. MP1, MP3, MP4, MP5, MP6, MP7, MP8, MP9 and MP10 are not.

Uh, am I missing something? Why would you buy this, on 3DS of all platforms? The full mario party games are on virtual console which are complete mario party games for a fraction of the price

Pour/para portable pushy penguins?

The game probably won't be great value for money but I've always really liked Mario Party mini games, they at least have my attention, price will be important.

Stopdoor

Huh, from the website: "Speed things up with simple minigame instructions and a Favorites options for quick selection. You can even set the number of turns for board-game play!"

That last sentence is suspect. I can't imagine it means traditional game board play though or else I don't see why they wouldn't have revealed that now. Probably some neutered board game feature everyone will complain about like a take on the minigame stadium mode from MP1.

Drain You

Huh, from the website: "Speed things up with simple minigame instructions and a Favorites options for quick selection. You can even set the number of turns for board-game play!"

That last sentence is suspect. I can't imagine it means traditional game board play though or else I don't see why they wouldn't have revealed that now. Probably some neutered board game feature everyone will complain about like a take on the minigame stadium mode from MP1.

Didn't notice that, makes me think there is atleast something more here than what I expected.

Blues1990

With regards to this game being on the 3DS, my thought is that they can reuse models and assets from the past 3DS installments and make this one a quickie (as far as game production goes).

It's quite sensible, really.

BizzyBum

Why devise new netcode for a late-gen 3DS release of a series that is historically dependent on not everyone having to own a copy of the game?

Download play over infrastructure is impossible.

Yeah, you're right, but damn this game would have been fire on the Switch with online.

Hopefully the next mainline game has it.

PulseMC

Neo Member
I absolutely adore Mario Party's minigames, so this has me super excited. I'm also one of the few that didn't get their 3DS magically destroyed once the Switch released, so I may be in the minority on this one.

Hopefully it's $30, but i'd suck it up and buy it at $40 if I had to.

Drain You

I absolutely adore Mario Party's minigames, so this has me super excited. I'm also one of the few that didn't get their 3DS magically destroyed once the Switch released, so I may be in the minority on this one.

Hopefully it's $30, but i'd suck it up and buy it at $40 if I had to.

I'd probably also buy at $40, although like you said $30 would be sweet.

I an genuinely surprised with the 3ds announcements today. Love my OG XL and my N3DS ( Even though I've played it maybe 10 times ugh ).

b3b0p

Came for Switch bitching.

Not disappointed, of course.

Maybe some of us don't want to spend over $300 on a new console? I have a ton of 3DS games. Not exactly in the mood to have a bigger backlog.

Revven

56 out of 100 confirmed:

DJpMiEZUIAE3lsq.jpg:large

Source: https://twitter.com/PixlPlume/status/908122448515788800

Researched by PixlPlume and SlimKirby (known for Mario Party playthroughs on YouTube). They can pretty much recognize any minigame with almost only one pixel available, so yeah.

Ugh, Honeycomb Havoc!? That's the worst mini-game in 2! Why would they pick that? -_-

Hoping Hot Rope Jump still makes it. And Bowser's Big Blast (even though the cake one from... 4 or 5 is similar)

Nintendo, why the fuck aren't you rewarding people who jumped back in with the Switch? I haven't owned and enjoyed a Nintendo console since the GameCube, and I'm sure there are many others like me. I don't do handheld gaming... the opportunities to bring your audience of happy Switch owners some of the good stuff they missed are ripe for the picking.

Goddamnit.

Great idea, though.
Lol they are announcing so many more games for 3DS than Switch. It's absurd

El Odio

Banned
56 out of 100 confirmed:

DJpMiEZUIAE3lsq.jpg:large

Source: https://twitter.com/PixlPlume/status/908122448515788800

Researched by PixlPlume and SlimKirby (known for Mario Party playthroughs on YouTube). They can pretty much recognize any minigame with almost only one pixel available, so yeah.
The best minigames from the series yet stuff like honeycomb havoc and soar to score are on there. They're selling this based on a lie. I still have nightmares of the trouble HH caused me on MP2s minigame coaster.

Top Bottom