• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ's bankruptcy sale details: Auction on January 22nd, Will Allow Piecemeal Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

dionysus

Yaldog
Look, I like Deep Silver mostly cause I like several of their PC franchises.

Saints Row is what, a minimum $40 million development + marketing budget type game. You add up 2 of the largest Deep Silver games and I am not sure you reach the budget of Saints Row 3. (I am talking about funded games, not just distribution and publishing in certain European territories.) It would be a big financial risk for a company of that size to put so many eggs in one basket, and it would appear to not align well with the business model from what I can see on their website.

Arucardo

I'm hoping that SEGA does get Relic, they've been good with Creative Assembly from what I've seen so I see no reason that they'll screw over Relic.

Sinsem

1666 - THQ Montreal
Unnamed Project - THQ Montreal (Desilets game)

Patrice Desilets was giving a talk yesterday in France, confirming he his now working on 1666 Amsterdam (pre production).
So there's maybe an unnamed project developed in THQ Montreal, but not leaded by Desilets.

Glass Rebel

Patrice Desilets was giving a talk yesterday in France, confirming he his now working on 1666 Amsterdam (pre production).
So there's maybe an unnamed project developed in THQ Montreal, but not leaded by Desilets.

Ahh, alright. A game set in Amsterdam... just watch Ubisoft buying THQ Montreal and turn it into a Assassin's Creed 3 spin-off :lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's still in pre-production? He joined THQ Montreal over 18 months ago.

wrowa

Koch Media is a rock solid budiness that really wants to become more relevant in the bigger scheme of things. I'm quote sure that it got enough money to throw at these games -- and Volition and Turtle Rock might actually really benefit from this, since their games will be the companies flagship games and not just something that the company bought because it was kinda cheap and kinda promising.

JaseC

Well, we are talking about THQ here.

Haha, touche. To be fair, though, perhaps the untitled game Examiner mentioned was what he was working on before moving on to 1666 (which would explain why it was mentioned separately to the games considered to be in active production).

Hana-Bi

Koch Media is a rock solid budiness that really wants to become more relevant in the bigger scheme of things. I'm quote sure that it got enough money to throw at these games -- and Volition and Turtle Rock might actually really benefit from this, since their games will be the companies flagship games and not just something that the company bought because it was kinda cheap and kinda promising.

As its german based expect maybe an overall "censored" version for SR like BL2 got it.

PaulLFC

After Dead Island, I'd actually be really interested to see what they could do with a big property like SR. I'd much prefer them to EA or Activision, let's put it that way.

In fact I'd be happy with them, Warner or Sega.

Sinsem

Ahh, alright. A game set in Amsterdam... just watch Ubisoft buying THQ Montreal and turn it into a Assassin's Creed 3 spin-off :lol

This is about buying Desilets's contract with THQ, so you can assume that we will avoid a bad spin-off.
Remember that there are Ubisoft but also Warner wich are interested.

It's still in pre-production? He joined THQ Montreal over 18 months ago.

They are about 50 people on it now, production begin "soon". Creating a studio is a long and complex process.
Remembrer Assassin's Creed 1 took 4 years (2003-2007), so no real surprise here.

JaseC

They are about 50 people on it now, production begin "soon". Creating a studio is a long and complex process.
Remembrer Assassin's Creed 1 took 4 years (2003-2007), so no real surprise here.

Sure, but the studio seemingly not actively developing a game well over two years after its opening strikes me as particularly sluggish.

gabbre

Hunter ‏@DDInvesting
THQ: Hearing on sale about to begin. Rumblings of a lot of different numbers for a lot of different assets out there.

Nintendo Direct is all fine and dandy, but this will likely be the most important news story today. Lots of ways this could affect next gen.

HoosTrax

One aspect I'm not too clear on -- the Warhammer (non-40k) license -- is that specifically tied to the Creative Assembly studio, or can it be used by SEGA in general?

One aspect I'm not too clear on -- the Warhammer (non-40k) license -- is that specifically tied to the Creative Assembly studio, or can it be used by SEGA in general?

I would imagine that's it's a general Sega licence, but they've earmarked it for Creative Assembly's use only for the moment, which makes sense considering the success of the Dawn of War series (hence also Sega's interest in Relic). I also wouldn't be surprised if a Sega-owned Relic would contribute to CA's Warhammer game.

Glass Rebel

What we know is that there's a new team at CA specifically set up to work on a WH game and the announcement mentions Games Workshop entering a partnership with SEGA and specifically CA but nothing indicating that it won't extend past this specific game. Basically, we can't say :)

Oh another rumor is that the WWE license got transferred to EA last week.

76b.gif

No more shitty Yukes! crap. EA would never use them.

Now you get shitty EA wrestling games on the madden engine or something every year!

Well I have high hopes they can atleast make a fun game, something Yukes! games were not. Plus EA will sink more resources into the game to atleast make it look more polished and professional. I can't wait to see what they do with PS4. The wrestlers will look incredible. The game might start out a little rough, but it will definitely get better every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom