View Single Post
duckroll
(01-06-2008, 10:30 AM)

Originally Posted by wsippel

Some new info it seems. I don't speak Japanese, so I'll try to recap what I understood from the Google translations:

I'll help.

- Prope will not develop any Sonic titles.

Probe is not interested in developing 'sequels' or 'ports'. That's the official company line.

- Currently working on a Wii game (?).

No, Probe is currently developing on 'undetermined platforms' which 'include Wii and other next-generation consoles' and Probe also plans on eventually releasing titles on 'on consumer platforms, PC, portables and cellphones'.

There might be more, but I think I'll leave the rest to a Japanese speaking Gafer. I don't want to spread misinformations...

Thanks, that's a great attitude! We're glad to help when people aren't making up shit. The rest of the information you posted is spot on. :D

Edit: They also say that Probe has no particular preference for genre or graphical base. Based on whatever good ideas the team can come up with, they'll be willing to make a game, be it 2D or 3D. It doesn't matter. But at the same time, the foundation of the graphical style is not to be too realistic. It has to appeal to both kids and adults at the same time.