• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Roussow

I don't know if anyone here listens to Waypoint Radio -- but the way Austin and Patrick were hinting at their upcoming Gravity Rush 2 discussion gets me real excited for the way this game's going to handle its story and world building. I'm reading into that a LOT, but none the less -- hype!

LotusHD

Banned
I hate Friday releases ;_;

Do I get the white outfit for preordering at Best Buy in the US?

I have no idea, it doesn't list it like Amazon and Gamestop does, so be wary...

It was an impressive game on Vita. Just flying around in an open city on my handheld was nuts.

Bluepoint did some damn good work though.

Yea I know the game itself was great on there, I was just saying, having to deal with dem cliffhangers for what, 5 years, is crazy lol

jacobeid

Banned
I don't know if anyone here listens to Waypoint Radio -- but the way Austin and Patrick were hinting at their upcoming Gravity Rush 2 discussion gets me real excited for the way this game's going to handle its story and world building. I'm reading into that a LOT, but none the less -- hype!

Yup! I noticed the same thing and I'm extremely excited.

While we wait, let's enjoy the Adventures of Asshole Kat. Here she goes around Banga causing a guy to continually lose his job

gravity230sjr.gif

gravity1tus9w.gif

Number45

Nice OT! Looking forward to diving back in this weekend - completed on Vita and platinumed the remaster on PS4 (much preferred the controls on PS4) but I'm still going to watch that recap before I start.

One thing I meant to ask - are there English subtitled versions of the Overture animations? I started watching the first when it was put up on the PS UK YT channel but the subtitles were... not English (I can't actually remember what the language was right now).

LotusHD

Banned
Nice OT! Looking forward to diving back in this weekend - completed on Vita and platinumed the remaster on PS4 (much preferred the controls on PS4) but I'm still going to watch that recap before I start.

One thing I meant to ask - are there English subtitled versions of the Overture animations? I started watching the first when it was put up on the PS UK YT channel but the subtitles were... not English (I can't actually remember what the language was right now).

Yea there's English subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-hs9QQXjSo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNYnsZ5XgDw

Roussow

4 hours to stores open here in Aus, I feel like I'm the only one in these threads still going to a brick and mortar store to buy games -- all ya'll that are even still going physical are ordering from Amazon and the like!

LotusHD

Banned
O my word, she can Meow-call the kitty? All is forgiven.

Heh, no one can be mad at Kat for too long.

Perfect, thanks.

Np.

Si. Muchismas gracias.

Np.

4 hours to stores open here in Aus, I feel like I'm the only one in these threads still going to a brick and mortar store to buy games -- all ya'll that are even still going physical are ordering from Amazon and the like!

Can't beat them savings man, getting it for $40 is too good to pass up lol

SxP

Trophies seem pretty similar to the first game, with the hardest (again) being to gold medal every challenge and to collect a ridiculous amount of gems.

Shin-Ra

https://youtu.be/tFeXtu-3u78

PlayStationEU's version of Gravity Rush: The Animation - Overture | Parts A & B is translated into Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish!

GRovertureLanguages.jpg

Gestault

Absolutely beautiful OT, and a super-deserving game. I never would have thought the original would get the full-on sequel treatment, despite it being so high on my "love" list.

Does anyone have a story summary of the first? Wikipedia is confusing.

Kat girl wakes up with amnesia with the magical cat Dusty that gives her gravity powers.

Kat girl fights against these odd looking creatures called Nevi that are attacking a city called Hekseville using the power from the magical cat.

Magical cat is actually a cougar Nevi. And Nevi aren't necessarily evil.

Due to the gravity storms, which coincide with the Nevi incidences, parts of the city of Hekseville have been separated and entered into rift planes. Kat girl embarks to reunite those parts of the city.

Kat girl meets up with a bad excuse for a cop named Syd.

Syd enrolls her in his fight against Alias, a suspicious looking criminal who can control Nevi, recognizes who Kat actually is and wants to steal gems from Hekseville.

Syd is totally Alias.

Kat meets up with Raven girl. Raven girl has a crow that gives her magical powers.

The crow is also a Nevi.

Raven girl doesn't like Kat girl. Raven girl is charged with the task by a militant jackass to stop Kat from reuniting the sequestered parts of Hekseville. Raven girl agrees to help because she has a goal of her own that she believes the militant will help with.

Militant jackass's ultimate goal is unclear but he later becomes mayor and has some notion of who Kat really is.

Anyway, Kat girl finds and works with Gade, a man who likes to rummage through garbage and calls himself the Creator. Gade has a wormhole where his chest should be and transfers Kat girl to the rift planes.

Eventually, Kat girl fights and beats Alias and Raven Girl and reunites the missing parts of Hekseville.

On a story mission, Kat girl is tasked with finding a letter a deceased boyfriend wrote for his gal pal. This letter takes Kat girl down the pillar into a strange village filled with children.

But Raven girl gives chase and fights Kat along the way. On the path down, Kat's powers are also affected for some odd reason. What's more, she sees an actual ghost, the one of the deceased boyfriend (although I think that's on the way up).

Kat girl is locked up by creepy children when they find her (she was separated from Dusty on the way down). Kat girl escapes and helps to fight against a giant ass Nevi which is terrorizing the children.

Raven girl works alongside Kat girl to fight off the giant ass Nevi and become bestest pals.

The children actually came from Hekseville. They were on a bus that fell off the edge of the world. Raven, it turns out, was on that bus. Sachya is Raven's actual name and she is the adopted sister of Zaza, the boy who leads the camp.

This is where the game turns into a weird ass Japanese game.

Kat meets some creepy little girl named Cyanea. Cyanea was not one of the kids on the bus. No one has any idea how the hell she came to live in that village which is an old village and was populated at some point in time.

Cyanea falls asleep randomly and it is when she does that Kat meets Cyanea's guardian which tells Kat that it protects the creator's (presumably Cyanea's) dream.

Cyanea's guardian the takes Kat through a weird dream sequence to help give some background info on Kat.

Apparently, whatever happened prior to Kat waking up, she mucked up big time, chose to forget her memories and this all happened before she got Dusty (dusty being Kat's guardian).

All the while, creepy guardian says that Kat will die. Maybe it meant that eventually all things die but soon enough, it brings Kat in front of a palace.

Before she enters into the palace, Kat encounters a frozen Katsicle. Then she enters into the palace and finds a queen/princess looking character with an unobservable who is obviously Kat.

This unlocks knowledge in Kat for some reason who now knows how to bring the kids home. There's an ark in the village with a bird on its head and Kat then opens it.

Kids get in, giant Nevi attacks again, Kat and Raven fight it off.

Everyone tries to go home but giant Nevi attacks again, sending the ark off somewhere.

Kat returns to Hekseville and then realizes that more time has passed in Hekseville than it did in the village. Militant jackass is now in charge.

Militant jackass creates a Nevi powered weapon to fight off Nevi. He has his science bitch collect data on Dusty because they want to use Dusty as a power source.

Kat has weird ass dream of Alias. Alias says that it's dangerous to overfeed her cat i.e. Dusty. Dusty then splits off into a bunch of little dusty's and some turn into cougar Nevis.

Kat is too stupid to put two and two together even though in her finishing moves, she increasingly is enveloped by said cougar Nevi.

Kat also unmasks Alias and again his face is unobservable to the player. But Kat recognizes and doesn't believe that that person is Alias.
Because it's Syd and Syd is bad at his job.

When she wakes up, she finds Cyanea in her bed. Weird. Anyway, if you talk to Cyanea immediately after she parks herself outside of Kat's drain home, Cyanea will start talking some nonsense about how, if you remember something differently, then that's how it happened.

And then some stuff happens, there's a massive Nevi attack, Kat helps out but gets attacked by Yunica. Yunica, aka Seawasp, is a robot. The military doesn't want Kat to act on her own anymore or so they say.

They duke it out, Kat wins. Kat is turned into a frozen Katsicle by the military (she's in the same exact position as in the Cyanea dream). Syd intervenes to save Kat. Cyanea's guardian doesn't like that for some reason (
Kat's supposed to die, I'm guessing
) and frees Dusty to protect the dream or whatever.

Kat is freed, fights off military's rampaging Nevi powered machine with the help of Raven and Yunica and they finish it off by launching the Ark, which comes out of Gade's chest, straight at it.

Kids are still asleep in the Ark and the militant jackass still lives.

Anyway, if you talk to the Travelers, a husband and wife scientist duo, you'll find out that there are three parts to Hekseville. There's the part on top, filled with royalty
which is where Kat is from
, the middle part (Hekseville) and the bottom part (the village the kids were in).

Time flows differently in each part.

Also, there are multiple universes or something which are very similar to the one they're in now.

DylanEno

Has Amazon announced a release date for this? My order says they need more time to provide me with a good estimate. Can I still expect to get this game on release day? /:

Number45

I'll still go to B+M stores on occasion, but the fact is that Amazon are usually cheaper and quicker (because it's not that easy for me to get to a B+M store, where I can order fairly late one day from Amazon and get it the next). With that said, I've fully embraced digital for games where it makes sense (the likes of Destiny and Diablo for example which I'll play for hundreds of hours across months/years) regardless of the cost. If there's a game I want but I know I'll complete it and not really feel the urge to go back that's when I buy the disc, to maximise trade in value.

GR however is a game I'm pretty sure I'll complete more than once and almost certainly platinum. In addition, I actually like supporting full price RRP digital sometimes. Weird I know, but I buy few enough games these days that it's not really a problem.

mollipen

Just a recommendation: if you haven't played the first Gravity Rush, please do so before playing GR2. If you haven't played it in a while, you might want to go back and give it another quick go.

Your appreciation—and emotional connection—for many of the little things that happen throughout this game will many times depend on your knowledge of the first game.

Flandy

Just a recommendation: if you haven't played the first Gravity Rush, please do so before playing GR2. If you haven't played it in a while, you might want to go back and give it another quick go.

Your appreciation—and emotional connection—for many of the little things that happen throughout this game will many times depend on your knowledge of the first game.

In the process of doing this right now. I'm enjoying these challenges more than I remember :lol Might go for the Platinum (again. Got it on Vita) since I'm already doing most of it anyway

Number45

In the process of doing this right now. I'm enjoying these challenges more than I remember :lol Might go for the Platinum (again. Got it on Vita) since I'm already doing most of it anyway
I found the platinum pretty straightforward on PS4. Struggled to get to grips with the races on Vita so I never bothered.

DylanEno

Ok the Amazon customer service rep said everything should be fine

How long does it usually take for Amazon to deliver the day of? Should I not expect it to arrive until the evening? Trying to figure out if I should take a vacation day, lol.

Top Bottom