• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mysterious SEGA RPG page countdown (Niinou x Kodama x Koshiro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
B.K. said:
Dragon? Dragon Force DS, mabye?
dragonforce_logo.jpg

?

Willenium

sp0rsk said:
I don't know who this "Mota" guy is.

Guillermo Mota, one of the MLB's many journeyman middle-reliever/closers.

anyway, i bet it's another Sonic RPG.

scratch that.

i HOPE it's another Sonic RPG.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Stormbringer said:
From the animation, director is Kazuya Niinou apparently..Could it be the next "SEGA X Image Epoch" project ?
:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's here!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Laguna

Banned
More details in famitsu(?) (9.26)
I love this old-school sound especially because it could hint that it might be a game from one of Segas classic RPG franchises. "We are making a RPG now!" + "Dragon" I think anyone will get an idea what it could be :D

Oh man the music in the second half of that flash animation (after you click the flower) is godly!!!

(edit: oops... posted by people way ahead of me)

Laguna

Banned
Rpgmonkey said:
This. I've been listening to it for like 20 minutes now. :lol

It's really nice.

:lol I´m listening to it right now for 15 minutes. I like it.
I would love a new Dragon Force game but that wasn´t a straight forward JRPG, so it could be another game.

callous

These days, it's healthier to stay unexcited about Sega games until the reviews roll in. So that's what I'll do.

It's difficult though. Especially with PS0.

duckroll

All of Image Epoch's 3 new games are new IPs, so this won't be a revival of any of Sega's old franchises. It'll be a new game. Good to know Kodama isn't chopped liver at Sega, maybe Niinou can save her career.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
:lol Poor Mitsuda, thrown to the corner like a dirty rag.

I really like the music. Funnily enough a few days ago I was lamenting to a friend of mine that it'd be great to see Koshiro jump back into the RPG composition scene. Low and behold the bastard is.

Of course Reiko Kodama's involvement is just as good.

duckroll

speedpop said:
I really like the music. Funnily enough a few days ago I was lamenting to a friend of mine that it'd be great to see Koshiro jump back into the RPG composition scene. Low and behold the bastard is.

What do you mean jump back though? Koshiro composed for both EOs and Lost Regnum just in the past few years. He doesn't do much, but this isn't completely surprising...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
His EO scores were pretty lackluster :( But I suppose I blame that on me being too infused with his Wangan Midnight stuff as of late.

And Warriors of the Lost Light looked so generic.

duckroll

Srider said:
I'm not at all excited with that silhouette of a dragon sitting there in the background.

The fact that the character designer is a moe loli artist isn't exactly instilling confidence either. I hope it's a cool original RPG concept and not just Niinou trying to do EO again.

speedpop said:
His EO scores were pretty lackluster :(

Waaaaaaat. EO has a fantastic score. It's not flashy but every track fits very well with the specific mood and feeling of the location or situation it accompanies (which is really one of Koshiro's best talents anyway, given how well he adapts his composition to many different genres.) Plus he writes old-skool battle music like nobody's business.

More directly on-topic: everyone listed in the title of this thread is totally exciting to me, but I let duckroll convince me that World Destruction was going to be a decent game, so I don't know if I should trust him. :lol

duckroll

charlequin said:
More directly on-topic: everyone listed in the title of this thread is totally exciting to me, but I let duckroll convince me that World Destruction was going to be a decent game, so I don't know if I should trust him. :lol

I don't know if I should trust myself anymore. :(

Ramune

Well on Mota's page, they are indeed playing a Megadrive. Maybe it's a series that has it's roots on the Mega Drive/Genesis? Or that's just a random system Mota decided to put in? Maybe we shouldn't think too much on it. :lol

Edit: Well Duckroll seems to think it'll be an original piece o' work, so I'll go with that.

0917.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom