• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable Heroes Screenshot Blowout (XBLA, Gauntlet meets Mario Party spinoff)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why the hell does anyone still use photobucket?

Why isn't photobucket banned again?

Anyways, the game already looks more interesting than any other Fable game.

Copy and paste the URLs into your browser and directly view the images, worked for me.

Unexpected, looks more like Mario Party than a Fable game. I was never into Fable aesthetically so I do not mind this style change that much.
This is obviously just a spinoff for families and kids and has nothing to do with the direction of the numbered sequels.

Raide

So a Mario Party style game then? Looks ok. It will probably sell well to the younger market. I am ok with it. It just means they hold back Fable 4 for when the 720 arrives. Perfect!

mclem

Looks enjoyable enough. The license is a completely inappropriate fit, though. They could have dredged up the Fusion Frenzy branding, too!

M-PG71C

I always thought Fable sucked ass. It wasn't that long ago I bought one of those Xbox 360 bundles that came with Fable III and I ended up just giving the game to my little brother.

So needless to say, I'm not the demographic they are going after. But this....looks just plain horrible. It's like Gauntlet, Fable, and Mario Party all decided to fuck and shit out this kid. :/

Adam J.

Microsoft, what the hell are you doing? That looks embarrassingly horrendous. I guess their XBLA line-up is strong enough this year to put out this ugly duckling.

Oh man.

The game might have some fun to it but those avatars are beyond horrible. The eyes and faces alone are enough to sink this. Its like something out of a toddler's nightmares.

I've got to wonder why they wouldn't just use the more personalized Xbox Live Avatars instead. How could it be worse?

*sigh* I remember reading old previews about Fable before it released.

I seemed to think that it was going to be a game with a huge rich world like Morrowind, the fun gameplay of something like Zelda, and the moral/story choice stuff from KOTOR.

I do enjoy the Fable games (At least 1+2. Haven't played 3 yet) for what they are and I really liked 1, Lost Chapter, and 2. But I've never been able to get that original idea out of my head (planting a seed, and a tree will be grown years later!).

If Fable Heroes and the On-Rails Kinect game turn out to be the direction Lionhead is going, I get the feeling they're turning into the next Rare. ;_;

This series had so much potential...
It's unbelievable how badly those in charge have ruined it. I would love to see the series handed off to another developer.

Personally, a Xbla spinoff and a Kinect spinoff don't spell the end of the series. They are working on a traditional Fable 4, and Id rather have this uber family approach kept out of the main game.

bede-x

I consider myself a fan of the first three Fables and as such it's always interesting to see where Lionhead takes the franchise next, but even though I'm always hoping all franchises evolve and go in new directions, I never hope for something like this. This and Journey looks like serious mishandling of the series and I don't understand why it's necessary. There's a million different approaches they could have taken to highlight Kinect and introduce a new party game. Why choose this one?

Scapegoat

Dumbstuck at the change in art style... I thought the look of Fable 3 was one of the best things they had going for it.

watership

What a joke.

image.php

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Guru medication error strikes back and I thought it was relating to this thread and a MS cease and desist notice. lol

Well this is probably the last thing I expected to see, I feel Halo Heroes would make more sense, Halo at least has more recognizable characters :|

ironcreed

Banned
Some key designers of Fable recently left Lionhead like in the past week or so to form their own studio, right? Perhaps they are ashamed of how far the series has fallen from the potential it once had with the first game.

It's probably already been asked, but is this game supposed to be one of the "Xbox 360 on fire: four biggest exclusive franchises return" tease?

Everyone knows this is an XBLA game and not a mainline Fable game, right?

Looks like it's based around the Heroes dolls from the Fable games (this guy is in Fable 2):

MlyBe.png

JxnTw.png

ironcreed

Banned

Looks like it's based around the Heroes dolls from the Fable games:

MlyBe.png

Yes, I realize that. I am just a big fan of the first game and still hate seeing stuff like this and Fable: The Journey be pumped out, in addition to the decline of the main series. It just sort of adds insult to injury when you think about what the series could have been.

I think MS really overestimate the draw of the Fable IP. Yeah it's popular, but I doubt many gamers are itching to play it outside of it's standard action-RPG setting.

Aaron

Looks like it's based around the Heroes dolls from the Fable games (this guy is in Fable 2):
That's like saying when someone shits in a hat that it was only a small dump. Resources were used on this game and it looks TERRIBLE.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
As much as I'd like to see a return to form back to Fable 1.........

This looks like a fun game. Probably won't buy though.

You know, accusing someone of making fanboy-fueled "unsubtle potshot" doesn't really work when the statement you quoted is not even close to an "unsubtle potshot".
How is equating a small XBLA release which doesn't even the aesthetic of the regular Fable franchise to a "big exclusive franchise return" not a potshot?

It's blatant as hell, especially since Fable: The Journey pics have been leaked at the same time and that game (even though it strays from the traditional Fable formula) looks beautiful.

We don't even know what Microsoft has in store yet since the embargo ends tomorrow morning, so speculate all you want when the media blowout happens. But still suggesting that an XBLA game (something the Fable franchise has done before), is Microsoft only big exclusive left is just pathetically blatant trolling.

Top Bottom