• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusty PS3 Kid = Professional Actor

inner-G

Banned
Ok, OK, I hate to stir the 'PS3 conspiracy' pot, but I thought GAFers would be interested in this.

Redi Godshaw, the kid with the unusually dusty PS3, is a professional actor and has been paid to act on FOX shows before.

He goes on FOX news, with a horrendously dusty PS3, and it is never mentioned either that A.) He is a professional actor, or B.) His PS3 was far beyond normal levels of 'dusty'.

It just seems to me that FOX didn't provide 'fair and balanced' views of a problem with a foreign electronics manufacturer.

Gaf's thoughts?

Reid Godshaw: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1463597/
FOX news clip: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/132329.html

this is almost better than the 'Why so low? learn your place" guy.

only almost, the guy who called out the GFW Crysis review is still the worst.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
The United States are trying to stop the recession by destroying the enemy (Japanese consumer electronics giants), this guy was likely hired by the government.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wait, what is dusty Ps3?

inner-G

Banned
Kafel said:
Professional actors are not allowed to play games, it's well known.
It's just odd that they seemed to go out of their way to portray him as 'average joe gamer' in the broadcast.

Calcaneus

I'd just like to say, regardless if he's a actor who was paid to do this, his story reeks of BS. So he says his friend came over to watch Planet Earth, they don't think to themselves to dust over the thing once?

And that reporter saying she has these issues too, do people take care of their fucking consoles? No way you could let it turn into what was in that pic.

Sho Nuff

Banned
How is this even newsworthy, let alone getting air on Fox News? Jesus. American reporting is beyond pathetic.

edit: Is he CHEWING GUM during an interview? Appalling.

Kafel

Banned
inner-G said:
It's just odd that they seemed to go out of their way to portray him as 'average joe gamer' in the broadcast.

Yeah, why didn't they focus on his great success at the box-office ?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I don't know who this "dusty PS3 kid" is, or why exactly he's so esteemed and reputable, but I will say that even though I play my PS3 all the time, it gets pretty dusty. It's a bit of a dust magnet.

Let's focus on the important issues here.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
AstroLad said:
I don't know who this "dusty PS3 kid" is, or why exactly he's so esteemed and reputable, but I will say that even though I play my PS3 all the time, it gets pretty dusty. It's a bit of a dust magnet.

You need to see the picture of his PS3 to understand.

Has to be fake though.

AstroLad said:

Is it dusty like this?

6llsopc.jpg

AstroLad said:

mine gets dusty, but the picture of 'his' PS3 looks like someone poured saw dust over it.

belvedere

Junior Butler
I still don't understand how a single dusty PS3 gets nationwide news coverage while the 360 RROD problems get slid under the rug.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
belvedere said:
I still don't understand how a single dusty PS3 gets nationwide news coverage while the 360 RROD problems get slid under the rug.

I know right?

Hcoregamer00 said:
Welcome to Hollywood, what actor isn't paid to lie?
It's a fucking news story on a product that the guy probably doesn't own since he's an actor getting paid to lie. Should I not be outraged? The real question now is who set this whole thing up?

Then all these people watch FOX news and probably think "Oh the PS3 sucks"

inner-G

Banned
belvedere said:

FOX news is hardcore pro-american industry, so I can see why 360 gets the most preferrable coverage from them, and MSNBC is MSNBC of course...

Firewire said:
And Fox News wonders why it has the reputation of crap tabloid journalism.

Like they care, they're still the highest rated news channel aren't they? The people that watch that shit live in a bubble anyway.

jtardiou

Banned
Here's a fucking suggestion: Wipe off all the dust and send it in ?

I must be missing something, because thats just too obvious

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Linkzg said:
mine gets dusty, but the picture of 'his' PS3 looks like someone poured saw dust over it.

ROFL it looks like he's been fucking it with a dusty dick. There is dust in every hole! I got like the dustiest effin' room EVER and my PS3 only has a light film of dust on top of it, but no where as bad as that guy's. Not to mention I probably use my ps3 once every two weeks.

Speaking of which. doesn't it say in the warrenties in many electronics that excessive dust voids it?

Ya know...because if you want a new one you can just pour dust on that bitch.

squicken

Man this guy raised the ire of the wrong people. If only he would've placed his PS3 on top of a subwoffer . . . he could have had a GAF referral to the LA Times.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
My psp and ps3 are dust and lint magnets, but not like the one this kid is trying to have repaired.

I use a dry cloth to wipe my electronics. Even my samsung hd TV is a lint magnet.

This kid either does not know how to take care of his stuff or he is a bold face liar, or both.

cicatriz

Firewire said:

Hey now, Fox News was a key factor in positioning the U.S. in it's current revolutionary state.

:lol

Firewire said:
SolidSnakex said:
Like they care, they're still the highest rated news channel aren't they? The people that watch that shit live in a bubble anyway.
Thats the worst part so many people will watch and Believe

vilmer_

inner-G said:
Ok, OK, I hate to stir the 'PS3 conspiracy' pot, but I thought GAFers would be interested in this.

Redi Godshaw, the kid with the unusually dusty PS3, is a professional actor and has been paid to act on FOX shows before.

He goes on FOX news, with a horrendously dusty PS3, and it is never mentioned either that A.) He is a professional actor, or B.) His PS3 was far beyond normal levels of 'dusty'.

It just seems to me that FOX didn't provide 'fair and balanced' views of a problem with a foreign electronics manufacturer.

Gaf's thoughts?

Reid Godshaw: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1463597/
FOX news clip: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/132329.html

OMFG :lol :lol

gkryhewy

inner-G said:
FOX news is hardcore pro-american industry, so I can see why 360 gets the most preferrable coverage from them, and MSNBC is MSNBC of course...

If the idea was to discourage the purchase of japanese game consoles, wouldn't they go after Wii?

I hate fox news with a passion, but I don't see any manipulation here.

McHuj

inner-G said:

How is A relevant to the story?
How did you arrive at conclusion B?

vilmer_

gkrykewy said:
If the idea was to discourage the purchase of japanese game consoles, wouldn't they go after Wii?

I don't think microsoft has such a vendetta towards nintendo as they do sony. They are fixated on sony.

gkrykewy said:

The Wii is in it's own little world. The PS3 is closer in price with the 360 so why would they go after the wii?

Firewire

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Is it dusty like this?

6llsopc.jpg

gkrykewy said:

Its obvious from the pic that the contents of like a vacuum cleaner bag or something was poured over the PS3, the slot on the left was open as well. I never knew dust can travel sideways, supposedly it drifted down and at the exact level of the readers it made a '90 and went sideways fully enveloping the readers, getting right into the slots. It did this as well for the usb slots, fucking fantastic! :lol

Top Bottom