• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa will no longer be published by Xseed

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Volcynika said:
You'd think people would actually READ the OP by now...

no it's okay people don't need to read the op they just need to really clearly post that they haven't read the OP and they'd like me to explain the situation to them.

Volcynika

Stumpokapow said:
no it's okay people don't need to read the op they just need to really clearly post that they haven't read the OP and they'd like me to explain the situation to them.

It's good that you're here to help!

starmud

maybe marvelous isn't happy with xseed. little kings story is the last of the announced games xseed will be involved with?

i think it was on gamasutra, i read a story about marvelous' name being removed from little knigs story' NA release/box art and xseed saying that people would know why soon enough.

zigg

starmud said:
maybe marvelous isn't happy with xseed. little kings story is the last of the announced games xseed will be involved with?

I doubt that. And there's still Arc Rise Fantasia and Flower, Sun & Rain down the pike yet.

justchris said:
Curious as I am about what went down, I honestly don't care who publishes it as long as it gets a NA release.

Some publisher has been seeing the buzz online and the sell through in Japan and threw money at MMV. Most logical thing, anyway.

Volcynika

justchris said:
Curious as I am about what went down, I honestly don't care who publishes it as long as it gets a NA release.

Well if whoever publishes it leaves out the JP VA, we'll hear endless amounts of bitching. And I don't want that!

I'm only concerned because XSeed had promised that the coverart would basically remain the same and they were going to try to match the posterset that came with the Japanese version.

Any new publisher probably won't guarantee either of those.

ShockingAlberto said:
I'm only concerned because XSeed had promised that the coverart would basically remain the same and they were going to try to match the posterset that came with the Japanese version.

This. XSEED is a very competent publisher, they know what fans want and do a good job of delivering that.

There are not a lot of US companies that I have much faith in right now so it's a bit disconcerting to see the game leave the hands of one of the few solid publishers.

Vinnk

As long as the translation is well done, I don't care. But it seems strange that XSeed would let it go after all the hoopla they (and Rising Star) were making about being publisher for it at TGS

Rolf NB

kenji said:
it's already confirmed for spring 2010 by Rising Star Games
Which is pretty late. I'm kinda hoping that the US publishing shakeup somehow leads to an earlier Euro release as well. Say it gets picked up by a publisher with a strong presence in both the US and the EU, like, uh ... Activision ... or something \;

justchris

Volcynika said:
Well if whoever publishes it leaves out the JP VA, we'll hear endless amounts of bitching. And I don't want that!

I don't know, I find people bitching on the internet pretty funny. I mean, what other possible reason would I even be on GAF?
Except, of course, to do my own bitching.

ShockingAlberto said:

That is a good point, but maybe it'll be Atlus. Atlus has been kicking ass when it comes to shipping games with little extras the past few years. I keep ending up preordering games I was on the fence about just because it has a soundtrack or artbook included. Yes, yes, I'm a gullible media whore, and if anyone is going to take advantage of it, then I'm glad it's Atlus. They do good work.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
hmm. i do hope we find out what this situation is soon, since XSEED was probably one of the better companies to bring this game over, with keeping the Japanese VA and cool preorder bonuses. hopefully, it'll be a company that will do similar justice to the game, for example, not Ubisoft.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
MANGOD STRIKES!!!!!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/974/974820p1.html

"Ignition Entertainment is immensely proud for the opportunity to bring Muramasa: The Demon Blade to the legions of North American gamers yearning for top-quality, original action games on Wii." said Shane Bettenhausen, New Business Development Director of Ignition Entertainment. "The talented developers at Vanillaware have crafted an absolutely stunning adventure through feudal Japan that balances subtle, sophisticated artistry with razor-sharp, addictive gameplay."

Volcynika

schuelma said:
MANGOD STRIKES!!!!!

"Ignition Entertainment is immensely proud for the opportunity to bring Muramasa: The Demon Blade to the legions of North American gamers yearning for top-quality, original action games on Wii." said Shane Bettenhausen, New Business Development Director of Ignition Entertainment. "The talented developers at Vanillaware have crafted an absolutely stunning adventure through feudal Japan that balances subtle, sophisticated artistry with razor-sharp, addictive gameplay."

Oh god no. If it turns out like Lux Pain, I'm gonna be pissed.

Volcynika

LiquidMetal14 said:
Got a bunch of Divas in this thread. It's coming, stop crying.

I knew it was coming. Guess I've been spoiled by quality localizations. My bad.

Granted, things could change. But after their last title, I'm not exactly hopeful.

ivysaur12

Banned
schuelma said:
MANGOD STRIKES!!!!!

Shit.

WickedLaharl said:
anyone care to explain what was wrong with lux pain?

The main problem is that the game is pretty a translation job of Japanese to English and not much else. As such it wasn't really given a real touch in localization that we've come accustomed to i.e changing the wording and having the intent remain and things making sense and etc.

Anywho, I'm just going to wait and I'll be critical when I get the product in my hands.

The Lux-Pain localization situation (that occurred before my time) will have absolutely no impact on Muramasa.
I believe that you'll be pleased with how this one is handled.
Cheers...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ignition huh? Hope it comes out by Christmas going by their work on publishing SNK titles...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
LiquidSwords said:
The Lux-Pain localization situation (that occurred before my time) will have absolutely no impact on Muramasa.
Cheers...

Very interest as to how this came about. Guessing you can't really share more?

Kifimbo

For what it's worth, I'm one of the few who played Blue Dragon Plus and I didn't notice anything wrong with the localization. English isn't my first language, so I might not have notice some mistakes.

Ignition is just strange, though.

If it were Atlus, Ubisoft, or NOA, we could easily assume the reason it was pulled from XSeed was because these guys would have a lot of marketing muscle behind the game. Ignition doesn't seem to be any better or worse than XSeed.

Quixzlizx

LiquidSwords said:
Cheers...

Can you say whether you're trying to include the art insert?

Ohhh, didnt know Shane worked for Ignition now...would have thought he'd stayed in the internet videogame journalism business. Fooled me...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Fuu said:
Oh my god, it is Ignition. After Lux Pain, I'm worried.

6SnYLVW.gif

Ignition has done great work. They've handled SNK's stuff as well as possible, Zoo Keeper is fabulous, Mercury (/Mercury Meltdown Revoluion) is excellent.

Top Bottom