• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nico Nico.com ! Nico nico douga premiering in america

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiryogi

Banned
Should have posted this premiere day on Friday. But for weeabo GAF and anyone else interested. The Nico Nico Douga video service is now on beta and available in America. Its actually currently being premiered @ the Sakuracon 2011 anime convention in Seattle with a live stream at the convention itself. (Has been livestreaming since Friday) Check it @ niconico.com !

So this is the niconico site coming to America? Cool by me. I always thought that site looked cool with the onscreen comments.

dude

dude
VGChampion said:
So this is the niconico site coming to America? Cool by me. I always thought that site looked cool with the onscreen comments.
How is an ocean of "wwwwwww" cool? It's the worst feature even conceived.

Silh

Am I the only one who feels awkward watching this? They have a ten year old translating for people who know 0% Japanese. It's like a subliminal insult almost, lmao.

likeGdid said:
steve-carell-no.gif

Holy shit. I've had a NicoNico account for years, so this is awesome. This is awesome news for anyone who actually listens to japanese music. The rest of you guys wouldn't get it. Anyhow, I think a lot of the videos from youtube for japanese PVs are actually ripped from Nico, since they have better quality vids on there.

_dementia said:
With YouTube around, what's the point?
YouTube ain't got comments moving across the video feed. Riddle me that

Sometimes a dude wants to type "wwwwwwwwwwwww" across his Wu-Tang Clan videos nah mean...

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
KO Traveling Hobo said:
It hairs from grorious Nippon.
So desu ka. Sugoi! Ganbatte kudasai ne. Omedeto gozaimasu sensei. Tsukurimashou, tsukurimashou, sate sate nani ga dekiru ka na. Waka laka. Unf unf. Desu.

dyls

So if this site is powered by YouTube, why is it flash only? The text over videos just too much for html5?

The floating walls of text can be awesome. And besides, you can turn them off.

Also, it's sort of nice to see comments at specific parts of a video. It's sort of like commentary.

smurfx

get some go again
another funny video that came from niconico is called bad aniki. i think its related to that muscle roller video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom