• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept Artwork For "Epic Mickey"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
HUELEN10 said:
So how long until we get this project's current status? Whatever it is, it better not be cancelled!
Probably in the morning, after people who work at Disney and subsidiaries actually wake up and go to work.

Talon

I clicked on this thread expecting to see Mickey's head plastered on a Gears of War COG. Thank God I was wrong. :lol

HUELEN10

ICallItFutile said:
Hot dang. Besides Penny Arcade, this is a very rarely used theme. Make it happen!
Sonic did it too, but you are right, we need more steampunk!
Talon- said:
I clicked on this thread expecting to see Mickey's head plastered on a Gears of War COG. Thank God I was wrong. :lol
2zqud6u.jpg

You were saying?

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Holy wow. Did some perusing and stumbled upon this one-time-Junction Point concept artist's site, and I think this is what Gamasutra stumbled upon.

This looks like a Country Bear or something after acid. File calls it a "Beetle Thing"
mm7rko.jpg

This is pretty terrifying take on Mickey Mouse, the file says "Beetleworx," and I presume this is a variation of the BWX guy in the OP.
2hi022s.jpg

File's named "Cityscape."
2h5si74.jpg

Concepts for the Castle seen in the OP.
2m2hvno.jpg

Another concept
5mdzra.jpg

This file is named "Mean Street," which I guess is a take on the Main Street section of the Disney parks, and suggests that there may be exploration of the various "themed lands."
2dqstuq.jpg

This one's named "Tomorrowland," and would also suggest that there that one is exploring various "Themed Lands." Maybe even space.
24vk1ht.jpg

That beach scene the Gamasutra writer was describing. It's absolutely amazing.
2e3u34x.jpg

So, in conclusion: THIS GAME MUST COME OUT!!! (Feel free to add this to the OP, BTW.)

Edit: Reupped the pictures on Tinypic.

sullytao

This is one of those things that looks so awesome that you cant imagine ever getting your hands on because something always goes wrong.

HUELEN10

cuyahoga said:
Holy shit! Classic 20's and 30's B&W Mickey characters!

MOTHERFUCKING HORACE HORSECOLLAR BITCHES!

This HAS to be released, there is no other choice, it has to at this point.

Vorador

Banned
cuyahoga said:
Holy wow. Did some perusing and stumbled upon this one-time-Junction Point concept artist's site, and I think this is what Gamasutra stumbled upon.

This looks like a Country Bear or something after acid. File calls it a "Beetle Thing"
beetle-things.jpg

This is pretty terrifying take on Mickey Mouse, the file says "Beetleworx," and I presume this is a variation of the BWX guy in the OP.
beetleworx_6.jpg

File's named "Cityscape."
cityscape_1-filtered.jpg

Concepts for the Castle seen in the OP.
concept_castles.jpg

Another concept
dark-castle-base-filtered.jpg

This file is named "Mean Street," which I guess is a take on the Main Street section of the Disney parks, and suggests that there may be exploration of the various "themed lands."
mean-street-2-filtered.jpg

This one's named "Tomorrowland," and would also suggest that there that one is exploring various "Themed Lands." Maybe even space.
tomorrowland-filtered.jpg

That beach scene the Gamasutra writer was describing. It's absolutely amazing.
beach_attack.jpg

So, in conclusion: THIS GAME MUST COME OUT!!! (Feel free to add this to the OP, BTW.)

Holy Sh.......

That looks seriously amazing.

KAOz

Short bus special
That looks seriously amazing. o_o It's like American McGee had sex with Walt Disney and they decided to make a game of it!

I crave this, so give it to me now please.

Don't let it be scrapped.

jaypah

why did we have to see this? why? you know they never let us have nice things. this is such a fucking tease man. concept art looks fucking awesome. this should be something that i can purchase; a book, a movie a game....ANYTHING!

cuyahoga

If properly realized, I think this could potentially be Warren Spector's masterwork.

jaypah said:
this should be something that i can purchase; a book, a movie a game....ANYTHING!
I'd settle for any of these.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
As much as I would like to see this happen I don't see Disney giving their blessing to it. Their only hope is that Congress stops extending the copyright and all the old Disney material goes into public domain.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
SapientWolf said:
As much as I would like to see this happen I don't see Disney giving their blessing to it. Their only hope is that Congress stops extending the copyright and all the old Disney material goes into public domain.

Disney HAS given their blessing. They OWN the studio making this game, they've been working on it for years.

There was an interview from this June (aka 2 months ago) that confirmed the game is still in development.

Danielsan

Sinatar said:
Disney HAS given their blessing. They OWN the studio making this game, they've been working on it for years.

There was an interview from this June (aka 2 months ago) that confirmed the game is still in development.
Ooh man. If what they're working on is really a game based on this concept art then I'll go crazy. Some posters said it was going to be a Wii game, is this true? It would be a bit of a bummer. I want there to be as few limitations to realise the concept world as possible.

Metal B

Wow, really cool concept, looks like Disney World
in HELL.
But i hope there are also some great gameplay idears behind that artworks.

ymmv

Banned
Sinatar said:

Hooray for Hollywood!

ymmv

Banned
Danielsan said:
Ooh man. If what they're working on is really a game based on this concept art then I'll go crazy. Some posters said it was going to be a Wii game, is this true? It would be a bit of a bummer. I want there to be as few limitations to realise the concept world as possible.

I don't see a Wii game in those screen shots. It looks like it's a Mickey Mouse game for an older audience. This concept is something the PS3/360/PC audience would like who'd not play a cartoonish looking game with Mickey and Donald.

HUELEN10

Sinatar said:

Fuck YES.

Sinatar said:

I didn't notice this. I'm glad this is still in development. I can't wait to see it in motion.

cuyahoga

Sinatar said:

This is the greatest news ever.

Or at least has made my day.

cuyahoga

Shiggy said:
Absolutely true. As of June 2009 it is confirmed to be a wii title. Also confirmed by an artist's resume.
Your sources please? No offense, but Google says your claims are absolutely specious.

HUELEN10

tomorrowland-filtered.jpg

Wait a sec, WAIT A SEC!

Is that Oswald the Lucky Rabbit on the rocket?!?!?!?!?!?!?
9kxpvd.gif

2zrm3no.jpg

OMG IT IS!

Licensed game of the forever!

JMC

Banned
cuyahoga said:
This is the greatest news ever.

Or at least has made my day.

Yeah, absolut-

Shiggy said:
Absolutely true. As of June 2009 it is confirmed to be a wii title. Also confirmed by an artist's resume.

Oh, fuck. Good news for Wii owners if this is true, sure, but I don't think I need to stress just how amazing this game would be on the 360/PC/PS3.

Those who don't believe it is true due to the graphical imagery, I direct you to the GFW episode with Warren Spector, where he says that Disneyx execs greenlighted things he believed would be way out of line - http://download.gamevideos.com/Podcasts/CGW/021908.mp3

And wasn't it confirmed last year that this is a Wii project? Alongside with the large amount of pictures that show Wii kits and every station at Junction Point (which can be seen on their website).

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well hopefully there will be a PC version. Don't ignore your roots Warren, I don't want to fucking waggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom