• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst brand "advertisement" ever (Rovio / Angry Birds)

mik83kuu

Banned
Today is the Finnish Independence Day and like usual the President hosted a celebration for politicians, big-time achievers and all sorts of good-doers in the Presidential Palace in our fair capital.

Well among the many hundreds of invited people was the CEO of Rovio, the creators of Angry Birds, and his wife.

Here's what she wore:

vester_etu_lj.jpg

I feel so ashamed and sorry for her and for anyone affiliated with him.

spats

Haha. I never watch that shit.

I think the promo dress idea could be executed well though. If the dress was actually well made and the hint was subtle it could be kind of funny. But that looks cheap and laughable.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Thats just....I mean....I literally cannot believe anyone would be that tacky. That level of common sense should be human nature

sakipon

Wow. Having a dress with an overhyped cartoon character probably wasn't a part of her princess dreams as a little girl.

stuminus3

I'm waiting for the docu-film "The rise and fall of Rovio", should be interesting.
I wouldn't hold my breath. Angry Birds fever is no different from the Pac-Man fever of 30 years ago. And Scamco are still around today, still beating up little kids for their lunch money.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Well among the many hundreds of invited people was the CEO of Rovio, the creators of Angry Birds, and his wife.

In a better world, Remedy guys will be invited instead and Sam Lake's wife will cosplaying Mona Sax from Max Payne 3 that remedy is making.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Angry Birds fever is no different from the Pac-Man fever of 30 years ago. And Scamco are still around today, still beating up little kids for their lunch money.

That's because Namco has released more than one game that people want to play. Let's see if Rovio can pull that off.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
A coworker saw that dude in a game conference and the guy was dressed like a bird too.

True fact: I havent played Angry Birds but i did play the clone we did. TROLOLOL

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wowwwwww. She's totally gorgeous, but that dress kills it.

-PXG-

I see Angry Birds merch EVERYWHERE. I mean, it's really that popular? I still haven't even played it.

stuminus3

That's because Namco has released more than one game that people want to play. Let's see if Rovio can pull that off.

Scamco actually made other games.
Missing the point... Scamco's other games had and have no relevance to Pac-Man fever. Most people in 1981 probably didn't even realise it was a Scamco game. They also have never been able to replicate Pac-Man fever. Unless you're all somehow implying that the Rovio guy will suddenly have a massive brain fart and just decide to close up shop one day.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Missing the point... Scamco's other games had and have no relevance to Pac-Man fever. Most people in 1981 probably didn't even realise it was a Scamco game. They also have never been able to replicate Pac-Man fever. Unless you're all somehow implying that the Rovio guy will suddenly have a massive brain fart and just decide to close up shop one day.
Oh, Scamco. That's very clever, it's like you mixed Namco wit.. WE GOT IT.

While nothing could replicate what "Pac-Man Fever" was, it's highly ignorant to think that they've done nothing of significance since then. They've really only fallen out of grace this generation, to be honest. I mean, they were GODS in the 80's-90's arcade era and they probably saved the PlayStation 1 from dying on arrival with games like Ridge Racer and Tekken at launch. Tales is still huge (in Japan). I mean, I could go on and on.

stuminus3

While nothing could replicate what "Pac-Man Fever" was...
Err... Angry Birds. The stupid shit you're seeing today with Angry Birds is literally the exact same shit I remember very clearly from 30 years ago.

Pac-Man%20Whore%20Dolls.jpg

AAAAH

While nothing could replicate what "Pac-Man Fever" was, it's highly ignorant to think that they've done nothing of significance since then.
I never said that at all.

Top Bottom