• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever hit your funny bone so hard your hand still stung the next day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was playing hockey the other night without elbow pads (foolishly) and got slashed in the elbow, right in the funny bone. My hand went numb for a minute, but I was able to play the rest of the game without a problem.

The weird thing was, the next day the tingling wasn't gone from my hand. My elbow still hurts a bit but not too much, and my hand doesn't hurt, just feels like it's asleep. Right now it's basically only in my palm, and it's not stopping me from doing anything I normally do, it just feels weird.

So, is this going to go away on its own or should I go to a doctor?

lsslave

Jew Gamer
There is no natural padding on the elbow, you hit the nerve, the bone could be hurt quite easily there...

Its no real biggy I don't think, I have some huge scars on my elbow and it causes my hand to go numb if it gets poked or I prop myself up on it (like on a table or anything) but its just nerve sensitivity

If it is still bothering you later I would go in, but it could just be the nerve still dead (nerves die quickly, that is why it doesn't hurt, or the term "going into shock")

I punched my elbow once messing up a Kata I was doing in Karate, and now if I rotate it across something (Like if I'm resting my elbow on something), I'll get a flare of light pain then my hand will go numb for about 15 minutes. It's rather troubling.

worldrunover said:
So I was playing hockey the other night without elbow pads (foolishly) and got slashed in the elbow, right in the funny bone. My hand went numb for a minute, but I was able to play the rest of the game without a problem.

The weird thing was, the next day the tingling wasn't gone from my hand. My elbow still hurts a bit but not too much, and my hand doesn't hurt, just feels like it's asleep. Right now it's basically only in my palm, and it's not stopping me from doing anything I normally do, it just feels weird.

So, is this going to go away on its own or should I go to a doctor?
Give yourself a stranger.

It'll go back to normal.
Also, that happened to me once.
It was seriously the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life.
I couldn't feel or move my hand, but I could feel a very intense burning sensation in my hand. The worst part was I was right in the middle of a lecture, so I couldn't make a sound.
But eventually it subsided.

I_D

I was practicing a kata once with nun-chuks, and I accidentally slammed by left elbow (hitting the funny bone).

My entire arm was completely numb and useless for about 5 minutes, and we were getting ready to go to the hospital, when it suddenly came back to life and felt like nothing ever happened.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I've had it hurt all week because I slammed it on my drum during a session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom