• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

a916

Alright, I have my eyes set on a 4K HDR TV set that I would be happy with... too bad it's about 300% more than the personal limit I set for HDR 4K...

AzerPhire

Best Buy I think has it at that price too. I have a pre-order from BB from last year for the same amount. Either way great price for the game.

Just got an email from Amazon apologizing that they may miss their delivery promise for ARMS and giving me a $5 promotion to my account.

So I got ARMS with the double stack glitch, it arrived on launch day with no issues, AND I got $5 extra. Not bad.

Kiro

I pre-ordered the new Southpark game. I didn't get a promotional email from amazon or anything. How do I get access to the original one? And does it work on a PS4, or only PS3?

After March 31st 2017, the free copy isn't immediate but comes out with the launch of SP: FBW

After March 31st 2017, the free copy isn't immediate but comes out with the launch of SP: FBW

Ugh that sucks. I have all this time to play it now! Why would I want to play the old one before the new one, when it's already out?

Thanks for your answer though :)

SickBoy

The stupid thing about Sea of Thieves is that if it launches at $40, I might not keep my $32 preorder. But if it's $80, I almost certainly will. Yet in the big picture, a cheaper price is probably better for the game and its community.

Fularu

Banned
I thought it would be cheaper than a regular retail release tbh

$60? I'm hoping that's a placeholder price

Doubtfull. Somehow Amazon and Best buy seem to believe that 1US$ is 1.5CAD$ (or in the case of Switch games, 1US$ is 1.6CAN$)

Fuck them. It will soon be cheaper to buy your games in the US with prime than here.

Purolator picked up my mario kart 8 deluxe, so it seems they didn't block it.

Weird.

Mine is supposed to be shipped through Canada post, which is probably why it hasn't shipped yet. I didn't even see the option to get it shipped through purolator at the time.

It's technically supposed to arrive tomorrow according to the order page, but with it having not been shipped yet, I'm fairly certain that its gonna get cancelled now.

Kyolux

Mine is supposed to be shipped through Canada post, which is probably why it hasn't shipped yet. I didn't even see the option to get it shipped through purolator at the time.

It's technically supposed to arrive tomorrow according to the order page, but with it having not been shipped yet, I'm fairly certain that its gonna get cancelled now.

I didn't pick anything other than free shipping. The free amiibo shipped through canada post and I got charged $5 for that. And it has a no safe drop notice, so I'll have to drive to pick it up too.

I didn't pick anything other than free shipping. The free amiibo shipped through canada post and I got charged $5 for that. And it has a no safe drop notice, so I'll have to drive to pick it up too.

Huh, that's weird. My whole order including the amiibo is grouped as one order and its listed that Canada post will handle it all. I wonder why it opted to divide the shipment between different delivery companies in your instance.

Wow, you got charged $5 for the amiibo? I thought that was supposed to be free. As far as I can tell they didn't charge me for it when I look at my order summary.

Kyolux

Huh, that's weird. My whole order including the amiibo is grouped as one order and its listed that Canada post will handle it all. I wonder why it opted to divide the shipment between different delivery companies in your instance.

Wow, you got charged $5 for the amiibo? I thought that was supposed to be free. As far as I can tell they didn't charge me for it when I look at my order summary.

The invoice says $0 for the amiibo, but $5 for shipping. So I can't even get a refund on that.

edit: Probably could if I whine enough with a Customer service Rep but don't really want to bother.

The invoice says $0 for the amiibo, but $5 for shipping. So I can't even get a refund on that.

edit: Probably could if I whine enough with a Customer service Rep but don't really want to bother.

you really should...

.... AFTER everything arrives and you see what you actually get delivered. lol

killroy87

This whole Switch $99 thing is so weird, I've never seen games do this. Why bump up to a placeholder price, unless you plan on charging more?

They might not end up being $99, but I have an uneasy suspicion they end up being like $84.99 or something.

Kiro

Hi CanadaGAF, I am trying to purchase a specific guitar but don't really want it shipped (because I sincerely don't trust CP to deliver this unscathed) and I can't find it at any Guitar shops in the Ottawa area.

Any ideas of what to do?

kennah

Hi CanadaGAF, I am trying to purchase a specific guitar but don't really want it shipped (because I sincerely don't trust CP to deliver this unscathed) and I can't find it at any Guitar shops in the Ottawa area.

Any ideas of what to do?

ROAD TRIP!

Ventara

Hey guys, I mistakenly ordered an extra copy of Cave Story for the Switch. It has the double discount from Best Buy (about 36%, since the second 20% is off of 80%), which works out to about $28-29. If anyone wants it, they can have it at cost. I live in Toronto. Otherwise, I'll return it next week or something.

Kyolux

Any ideas of what to do?

Have you checked the stores in Gatineau? I doubt they'd have things you can't find in Ottawa, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom