• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Jawmuncher

Ethan was a system engineer before RE7.
I doubt he has any ties now to the Ethan W. in RE5. If you're classified dead anyway, why would you keep the same name?

finley83

Banned
Did anyone hear anything more about that new CVX port? Wondering how likely it is to come to PC. I'm considering finally playing through the whole thing after exams this summer and have a choice of PS3 version or GC via Dolphin, but if there's a chance of a PC version this year I might hold off!

Jawmuncher

Did anyone hear anything more about that new CVX port? Wondering how likely it is to come to PC. I'm considering finally playing through the whole thing after exams this summer and have a choice of PS3 version or GC via Dolphin, but if there's a chance of a PC version this year I might hold off!

No word. It might be a bit more than a simple port. Might actually be more akin to the REmake or 0 HD it seems. So perhaps new modes and touch ups to the graphics.

finley83

Banned
No word. It might be a bit more than a simple port. Might actually be more akin to the REmake or 0 HD it seems. So perhaps new modes and touch ups to the graphics.

Thanks - of all the classic REs it's certainly the one that would benefit most from some touching up. Part of the reason I never got more than a few hours in is just how rough most of the texture work is these days, even with the HD lighting effects I still feel RE2 and 3 dated far better.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

I think it's likely it's being done in the style of Zero HD/REmake HD in that it's a bigger effort remaster rather than just a port of the PS3 port. It's been almost a year and a half since Zero HD, Zero HD was announced around E3 time and I could see this Code Veronica port being handled in a similar way, plus with Code Veronica already ported to MT Frameworks and the whole game being in 3D they could probably update the various models in the game or make some additions ala Zero HD.

It's to be seen, but I have the suspicion we're liking at Resident Evil: Code Veronica HD Remaster, which is why it wasn't announced with Revelations 1 on PS4.

It's already in HD though so what would really be the point?

Mr_Zombie

Here's hoping there is also someone in there from RE that hasn't been in MVC yet.

Dunno, aside from monsters, the only two characters with unique moveset I can think of would be Ada (grappling gun) and Jake. Everyone else is just a varuation of dude/girl with guns.

Golnei

Dunno, aside from monsters, the only two characters with unique moveset I can think of would be Ada (grappling gun) and Jake. Everyone else is just a varuation of dude/girl with guns.

It doesn't have to be that much of a limitation - Jill's MvC2 and 3 movesets were very different despite retaining that similar factor, but I can see how the broad similarity could be unappealing, especially with so many other properties to cover.

As for more unique RE characters, Krauser would never be considered, but his bow and mutant arm could lend itself to a good moveset. Birkin could also be pretty unique, representing both human and monster characteristics, as well as tying into the upcoming remake.

Mr_Zombie

I forgot about Krauser, he would also be unique enough character to play differently from Chris. And I would love to see Birkin, especially if he could mutate into various forms during the battle; with the tentacle blob-form as his super move :D

Jawmuncher

RE5 chris so you know wesker won't be far behind

untitledp4o5w.png

Mr_Zombie

I'm glad that it's the RE5 Chris but... ewww, he looks ugly there. There's something weird going on with his face, and his arms seem to be even bigger than they were in RE5.

BTails

It looks like they took RE5 Chris, increased his muscles even more, then replaced his face with the one from that last CG movie.

Golnei

It looks like they took RE5 Chris, increased his muscles even more, then replaced his face with the one from that last CG movie.

Perhaps it was done out of spite? If you won't shut up about the new Chris design, we'll give you the ugliest rendition of the 5 one possible?

I just finished RE6 for the first time today. Super late to the party. Aside from the fact that it is not a horror game by any stretch of the word, it was, IMHO, an awesome action game.

I also really liked Piers and was genuinely sad to see him go :(

Golnei

Feel like RE7 Chris will be the first dlc costume.

Feels like a waste when he has so many other options, but the idea of them trying to reconcile the the 7 design with the Infinite model is morbidly fascinating. (Assuming they try and adapt more than just the costume, like with the retro Spencer alt.

Mr_Zombie

Nah, the Vendetta Chris is somewhere between passable and good; he just have weird nose and hair. This one looks like a parody of RE5 Chris. :/

But I'll wait with the final judgement until I see him in action.

Golnei

Nah, the Vendetta Chris is somewhere between passable and good; he just have weird nose and hair. This one looks like a parody of RE5 Chris. :/

But I'll wait with the final judgement until I see him in action.

The basic proportions were fine in comparison, but I can never defend the face they used for Vendetta.

Some level of exaggeration was to be expected for MvC, but while the MvC3 model looked okay, if not particularly good (the arms in particular showed up much better on the heavily shadowed 2D art than the ingame model); the Infinite one appears comically off in both its proportions, facial features and general style.

Like, this doesn't look great. But it's a reasonable stylisation of the RE5 design in a more comic-inspired aesthetic, instead of a Liefieldian monstrosity.

Jawmuncher

The basic proportions were fine in comparison, but I can never defend the face they used for Vendetta.

Some level of exaggeration was to be expected for MvC, but while the MvC3 model looked okay, if not particularly good (the arms in particular showed up much better on the heavily shadowed 2D art than the ingame model); the Infinite one appears comically off in both its proportions, facial features and general style.

Like, this doesn't look great. But it's a reasonable stylisation of the RE5 design in a more comic-inspired aesthetic, instead of a Liefieldian monstrosity.

I think a big issue is how they're reusing MVC4 assets. So you're getting stuck with these odd half-measures with the switch in style. Captain america had the same issue of big body and small head.

Jawmuncher

Looks like RCS is back to voice chris in MVC:I, which makes him being ditched for RE7 and Vendetta even more odd. Guessing it was either capcom not wanting to get him for those two projects, or they're just reusing MVC3 VA and it's easier to just pay him again than rerecord new stuff.

X-Men & Fantastic Four characters. So yes, Wolverine is a Fox character.

Also, Roger Craig Smith is the voice of Chris in MvCI. Look who liked the tweet.

strafer

Looks like RCS is back to voice chris in MVC:I, which makes him being ditched for RE7 and Vendetta even more odd. Guessing it was either capcom not wanting to get him for those two projects, or they're just reusing MVC3 VA and it's easier to just pay him again than rerecord new stuff.

There is a god.

There is a god.

So good,

though would have been hilarious if he voiced Captain America(he is the current cartoon VA) as well.

Or Capcom is going for the long con and that Chris from 7 really isn't Chris, and they just don't want you to realize it yet. That's becoming less likely, but that happened kind of recently in another game, so I am wondering.

Jawmuncher

Dino Crisis is still the only franchise from capcom I think can fit within the RE universe if it was rebooted. With all of the craziness the virus can cause, especially in size for the BOWs. I don't think cloning dinosaurs or dinosaurs based from a virus would be a stretch. Hell we already saw a small case of it in RE6.

Dino Crisis is still the only franchise from capcom I think can fit within the RE universe if it was rebooted. With all of the craziness the virus can cause, especially in size for the BOWs. I don't think cloning dinosaurs or dinosaurs based from a virus would be a stretch. Hell we already saw a small case of it in RE6.

I liked the Dino Crisis games, but I'll have to veto this

Top Bottom