• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil's Third (Itagaki) - Game details and artwork from 2011 Survey

duckroll

Our NeoGAF buddy InfiniteNine took a survey on this game last year, and was sitting on some information and artwork from the game which has yet to be disclosed. He remembered about it today and decided to share it with us. If you enjoy the contents of this thread, remember, InfiniteNine is the person to thank!

-----

Game description:

Devil's Third

Devil's Third is a third person action combat game like no other. Players leap and dive around their environments like turbo charged martial artists, wall running, diving, swinging from rooftops, and generally moving around the world as if the laws of physics barely apply to them. They execute their enemeies using a combination of three different combat styles: guns, melee weapons, or hand-to-hand martial arts, usually choosing the one that gets the job done (and creates the most carnage) in the most visceral way at the time.

You play as Ivan, an elite commando assassin, on a path to redeeming past transgressions by smashing the terrorist organizations that once brainwashed them into doing their dirty work. You are no goody two shoes superhero, and you are going to make them pay in blood. Lots of blood.

Features:

• Master the art of the kill - Execute your enemies in highly stylized and satisfying ways. Bring artistic death to the battlefield and watch the gore flow.

[*]Conduct a symphony of violence and rain death upon the world's deadliest terrorists - You are not an assassin hunting a lone target and then making a run for freedom. You are a commando that attacks the enemy agents head on in the combat zone, and bring a beautiful violence to the battlefield. You strike from behind, above, and face-to-face, switching from target to target on the fly.

[*]Path of redemption - You redeem your dark past by annihlating the terrorist organizations that you previously worked for, and executing the enigmatic deadly leaders that were once your comrades.

[*]Become the ultimate online assassin in the most over the top multiplayer game on console - Players fight to the death as lethal ninja commandos, using guns, swords, knives, and bare hands to take out their enemies. Players can bend the laws of physics, allowing them to make mighty leaps and run across vertical surfaces, literally using verticality in the environment as another weapon in their arsenal.

H03uE.png

Artwork:

WToVz.png
C5lEA.png

Goxbk.jpg

TreIII

Thanks for sharing. This game is sounding more like what Ninja Gaiden 3 should've been! Even its multiplayer sounds better! :lol

PLEASE THQ. At least live long enough for this game to be released.

Amagon

Devil's Third keeps on reminding me of this game

vHglzl.jpg

I so want to play the demo or be in the beta for Devil's Third whenever it happens!!!

TreIII

I don't want to criticize the game before seeing more of it, but hahaha, oh man, if that isn't juvenile and unappealing.

Honestly? It doesn't sound like anything that wouldn't be out of place as a bullet list on the back of a box for any of Itagaki's Ninja Gaiden games.

Himself

I don't want to criticize the game before seeing more of it, but hahaha, oh man, if that isn't juvenile and unappealing.

You must not like very many video games.

Or maybe just the serious ones where you work diligently at a relatively hassle-free job in order to secure moderate financial stability for the future of your family while enjoying bingo on Saturdays and lights out by 10:00 pm. Maybe very once in a while you go nuts and head down to Chili's to enjoy some Authentic Mexican Cuisine and split a virgin margarita with your wife. Stuff mature and dignified people do. Those games are fun, but not too much!!!

duckroll

This seems like a good indicator for how much interest there is for this game. Considering THQ's impending doom, I wonder which third-rate publisher is going to end up picking this title if no one cares about it all. :)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This seems like a good indicator for how much interest there is for this game. Considering THQ's impending doom, I wonder which third-rate publisher is going to end up picking this title if no one cares about it all. :)

Maybe it can be rebranded into a new Metal Gear game for Konami.

Himself

Seriously, WTF GAF?

duckroll

Seriously, WTF GAF?

I really doubt it's just "GAF". It's not as if the Ninja Gaiden games really set sales charts on fire either, despite being a big exclusive for the Xbox and Xbox360. Itagaki isn't a household name, his last game was a bit of a dud, and his new game is announced as some sort of shooter with no real details for 2 years after they announced it. It's not even coming out this year, and the company who funded it is on the brink of collapse.

Mechazawa

Maybe it can be rebranded into a new Metal Gear game for Konami.

Don't you joke about that shit.

Don't you joke about that shit.

I really need to see more of this game. The reveal trailer/artwork/descriptions allude to some kind of parkour elements, but I don't want to get my hopes up. But Ninja Gaiden had all the groundwork for a high mobility series.

TreIII

Even as somebody who wants to play this game badly, it's hard to ante up for something that a) is not coming out until 2013 (if nothing else happens) and b) we haven't seen much of anything meaningful about the game since 2010, thanks to Itagaki teasing us at E32011 to "wait for TGS" and then NOT SHOWING UP.

In that interview posted above, Itagaki teases us again about how "awesome" the game is, but won't show it to us. Oh, he's keeping the "hype under control" alright...

StuBurns

Banned
People still don't know what the game is, I'm not surprised there's little evidence of people caring. Lots of GAF worship NGB, but it took a long time, and lots of money to produce a game of that quality, and that was last generation. NG2 was a long way from matching Black, that was with the combined backing of Tecmo and MS. D3rd's either scope, or quality will be compromised to get it out on a viable budget I'd imagine, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Kusagari

There's no interest on GAF because we still have no REAL idea what this game is.

I want to see gameplay, not read descriptions.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Haha I actually watched the old 2010 E3 trailer last night on whim

I really want to play this game and I really hope it comes out.

Please don't stand us up at this year's game shows Itagaki

Eh? I think this is unfair to say.

Pretty much only enthusiasts are going to be interested at this point because of how far off it is and how little has been shown.

I'm sure a thread about something a little more interesting than an old survey would get alot more responses. Save this comment for when a new trailer drops and the thread doesn't make it to page 2.

benzy

They just need to show a new gameplay trailer and the GAF hype will ramp back up. Judging by the title name alone though, it doesn't sound like something that would sell a whole lot.

devilsthird_slicedice.gif

devilsthird_wallboom.gif

This is basically True Ninja Gaiden Online. This PR reads like it was written by Itagaki himself.

I really like the sound of it so far.

I missed this thread, I guess everyone did, thank god I searched for a recent Itagaki comments and found it.

Thanks for sharing the info, sounds more over the top that I thought it will be, if thats possible after the insane trailer from the E3. Good luck for the team, I hope they have the project close to their chest, in case THQ pulls the plug.

Exxxxxxxcellent...... I was scared this was just going to be an acrobatic shooter a la vanquish. Time to prove hayashi can't even hold itagakis jock strap.

Top Bottom