• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

IF D.Athena comes here, and frankly I'm going to expect that it won't because hope is worthless, I would at least expect that they wouldn't put that price tag on it.

IF D.Athena comes here, and frankly I'm going to expect that it won't because hope is worthless, I would at least expect that they wouldn't put that price tag on it.

I just went and pretend liquidated about where I would only be a little uncomfortable in regards of the things I would sell off and it would get me to about 450 MP. RIP.

Ducarmel

The last update was for noir, so i think all of them got the buffs now assuming it went in order.

Easiest way to check is to see if each or giving out 3 million exp for their color.

Kreed

I'm definitely not a fan of Ras' constant leader swaps. It's not "that" bad in the dungeon itself since you know what to prepare for, but she is going to be a PAIN to work around in future content like the one shot challenges/arenas.

I'm definitely not a fan of Ras' constant leader swaps. It's not "that" bad in the dungeon itself since you know what to prepare for, but she is going to be a PAIN to work around in future content like the one shot challenges/arenas.

Solution: run all subs that can also double as leads

Bladelaw

Is Ras any good? I got her yesterday with my Myr team but don't know what to do with her.

She's a useful inherit (the only NA Descend monster that can be inherited) for some teams. A 3 turn bind clear and light-->wood orb change on a 6 turn cooldown is pretty strong. It fixes a Sylvie board, turns an Avalon Drake board into a Dios board, it's useful on ALB and Machine Athena teams off the top of my head but I'm sure there's a use for it on a Kaede, Revo Bastet, and Revo Parvati teams

Korea getting 9.6 on Wednesday. This is a big one.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=607

Also look what my niece brought me back from Japan. =)

xHbEQhi.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Also look what my niece brought me back from Japan. =)

Okay thats a sweet figure - very nice of your niece.

PS. Havent played the game in a while....maybe i will come back and sell my whole box for Dark Athena...lawl.

Jagernaut

Nice update coming, big improvement for skillups.

I couldn't find a coop partner for c10 Reincarnated Minerva so i did it solo. Really easy if you have enough skill delay buffer to keep skills up for Hera-Is. Also did c8 fixed team solo so I could take my time. Nice set of challenges this time.

Awesome. So glad I held off on selling my tans to clear farming space. I think Khepri is going to be my first target to skill up, since that active is useful. Might skill up a Ras but I don't have a team that could use that skill. Let's pray we get RaDra. I really need to finish his mats.

smbu2000

Well over the weekend I tried out MHera with my gf and cleared it first try! We went through it with a R.Minerva/R.Shiva team since she doesn't have Minerva.

This was my Minerva team:

R.Minerva(Yamamoto's water&hearts to fire&2 turns plus 1 combo)/R.Hinokagu (Bat's 2 turn delay&2 turn bind heal)/Tsubaki (Orochi's 4 turn delay) /R.Horus (Yomi's CTW)/Maeda Keiji

I tried to load up my team with god types and TPAs (except for Tsubaki with her double dragon killers). I used the 2 turn delay on floor 4 Sadalmelik to bind him when his health was low and orochi's 4 turn delay on floor 9 Hysferzen.

To finish off MHera I used Keiji to get rid of the locked orbs, then used orb changers to increase the amount of fire orbs (I think only 1 set of light orbs), enhanced them with R.Shiva and then used CTW for the 2.5x god enhance to take her out.

Now she can make her uuvo YD like me. She is interested in D.Athena now, too when she gets enough MP. She should have enough once next months daily MP is over.

b33r

https://imgur.com/a/XgqQV

I run mainly fire and dark teams, and Myr of course. I have some ok water teams as well, but I never run green teams. I have an ok box, but dunno if any team is worth investment. Vishnu us fun, as is bastet. Recently got balboa and Ronove, but don't think I have a team for either. I use dark Kanna, Aizen, and Anaphon mainly, so don't need anything ground breaking. Just wondering if you guys see something I don't in my green box?

I just like having a end game team in every color.

smbu2000

FYI if you're on the JP servers, they've started the week of the 0 stamina normal dungeons. You don't get any points when using your friends, but you can run the dungeons as much as you like.

I've been running Nordis (from the coin dungeons) to get MP and I used all my stamina, but since I'm not far from a rank up on both, I'm just running Legendary Earth for the EXP (and kings that drop) until I can rank up again and then run Nordis again.

Bladelaw

https://imgur.com/a/XgqQV

I run mainly fire and dark teams, and Myr of course. I have some ok water teams as well, but I never run green teams. I have an ok box, but dunno if any team is worth investment. Vishnu us fun, as is bastet. Recently got balboa and Ronove, but don't think I have a team for either. I use dark Kanna, Aizen, and Anaphon mainly, so don't need anything ground breaking. Just wondering if you guys see something I don't in my green box?

I just like having a end game team in every color.
Balboa, Vishnu, Vishnu, grodin Tama, spica. Inherit Karin somewhere so you can manufacture blue in an emergency. This should clear arena. With the HP badge and paired with awoken Artemis you should be able to tank Kali's first hit.

Aesnath

Let's have a discussion about R. Minerva. She has become my solid #2 team, as she has kind of an interesting playstyle where you are practically immune to some mobs but others are deadly threatening. I like my current build enough, but I've not invested any +s to it, outside of Minerva herself. Since my Gremory team is likely to be sort of locked in for the time being, and is plussed, I suspect it may be time to start looking at what team members are locked in.

Overall, I've found a lot of luck focusing on rows, partially because I have few TPA fire subs. Right now, my default team is R. Minerva/ Dragon-kill Tsubaki/Gadius/Red Odin/flex. In general, Gadius is fantasitc, adding a devil killer, good recovery and a board that can be fixed by minerva to always generate a row plus a light match. Tsubaki is also pretty nice, as she is fantastic against dragons (obviously), but also has good stats and a relevant active. Odin is a bit of an odd duck. His active is practically worthless about half the time, but he brings a bunch of rows, which seems to have made a noticeable difference in damage output of the team (BTW, thanks Dr.LawyerCop for convincing me not to sell him!).

My big issues are the following: bind clearing, damage enhance, delay, and just SI in general. Oftentimes I end up bringing Anima for his damage spike and god-killer, but he is a bit disappointing otherwise. I want to inherit both of my sarias, but I'm not sure on who, and I probably need to get a bind clear on something. Also, I often seem to need a delay, which has resulted in running either the terrible echidna or zeta hydra. Echidna's CD is right where I want it, but she really sucks in all other aspects. Zeta hydra is slightly better, but has a very long CD. So, how is everyone else handling this team?

I like smbu2000's build and the fact that he has several delay options. However, I don't have much in the way of TPA. I recently drew Ares on the last GF, and I'll probably give him a shot, but I have to evo him first.

Minerva is a good target to put skills on since her cool down is so low. I can put a bind clear on mine when we get the tan free inheritance update. I know a lot of people put Awoken Sakuya on her for the cheese Arena 3 team (other lead would be RGY), but if you want a quicker one I could go with something else. I'm not sure what's the best red bind clear, maybe red riding hood? If you want a burst or delay I could go figure something out, but those might be better to just kind of sub in as needed depending on the dungeon mechanics.

I like R. Minerva a lot. She's a good change of pace from heartcross leads and dragon killer tsubaki is fun on that team.

Aesnath

Minerva is a good target to put skills on since her cool down is so low. I can put a bind clear on mine when we get the tan free inheritance update. I know a lot of people put Awoken Sakuya on her for the cheese Arena 3 team (other lead would be RGY), but if you want a quicker one I could go with something else. I'm not sure what's the best red bind clear, maybe red riding hood? If you want a burst or delay I could go figure something out, but those might be better to just kind of sub in as needed depending on the dungeon mechanics.

I like R. Minerva a lot. She's a good change of pace from heartcross leads and dragon killer tsubaki is fun on that team.

Well, I don't have RGY, but if you put a bind clear on your minerva, what would be helpful (to you) on mine? I could do a Saria board change or a long-ass zeta hydra delay (only one skill-up so far). I'm less helpful with damage spikes, as I don't have anything that seems relevant to the team (other than Anima, who I can't inherit due to using it co-op with my daughter pretty often). The only gemstone I have is sheen, and the team has very few TEs. Best I've got is something like Wol, enhance all fire/light, one turn haste, but I've not skilled him, so it is kinda slow (12 turns before SI tax).

I also have bind clears in the following: Green odin (not entirely skilled), metatron (skilled), light zhuge liang (needs to be skilled, maybe this week), eventually Awoken Sakuya (still haven't bothered with that stupid dragon guy who needs all the dragons then all the jewels, seems wasteful).

I don't really play Minerva super seriously, so put whatever you want on her. Saria boards are really good on the team. I use her as a sub sometimes but that's usually when I pair her with Ilm. If you want a spike I have A. Freyr for x2 for 2 turns which might help against enemies she can't resist.

Minerva has helped me clear content I can't normally with Ronove just because of the unconditional defensive buff, so thank you to people who run her. Even with her lower ATK multiplier a sub Dragon Killer Tsubaki laughs at all dragon-types.

After reading more about D.Athena she really does look too good to be true, and internet people are fully expecting her to show up here eventually. Having spent exactly 0 MP ever I have about 340k at the moment and I'm willing to farm MP but I have no idea how. Apparently Zaerog∞ is the go-to? I don't know if I'd be able to find reliable MP-farming partners.

b33r

Balboa, Vishnu, Vishnu, grodin Tama, spica. Inherit Karin somewhere so you can manufacture blue in an emergency. This should clear arena. With the HP badge and paired with awoken Artemis you should be able to tank Kali's first hit.

Hmm, so that would work for subs. I think I'll make that a side project. Would rather try something new than use bastet, though I'll probably revo her eventually due to stats.

Aesnath

RE: D. Athena
Outside of the fact that I have nowhere near the MP, I decided that D. Athena isn't something I'm going to pursue due to one reason: SBR. Since she has none, you need to have a two SBR sub somewhere in the mix for full SBR. There are only a handful of okay-ish to good subs that have that, and I have none of them. Just as people have repeatedly said don't bother with Super Ra Dragon without a close to ideal team, I think D. Athena is unlikely to be a smart purchase (over other things) without access to one of those subs. Unless you plan on co-oping mostly with her. Just my two cents.

I don't really play Minerva super seriously, so put whatever you want on her. Saria boards are really good on the team. I use her as a sub sometimes but that's usually when I pair her with Ilm. If you want a spike I have A. Freyr for x2 for 2 turns which might help against enemies she can't resist.

Honestly, if you put a bind clear on yours, I'll feel pretty good about not putting one on mine. A spike would be nice, but seems less generally essential. I'll feel pretty good about saria on mine if you SI the bind clear on yours.

J0dy77

Let's have a discussion about R. Minerva. She has become my solid #2 team, as she has kind of an interesting playstyle where you are practically immune to some mobs but others are deadly threatening. I like my current build enough, but I've not invested any +s to it, outside of Minerva herself. Since my Gremory team is likely to be sort of locked in for the time being, and is plussed, I suspect it may be time to start looking at what team members are locked in.

Overall, I've found a lot of luck focusing on rows, partially because I have few TPA fire subs. Right now, my default team is R. Minerva/ Dragon-kill Tsubaki/Gadius/Red Odin/flex. In general, Gadius is fantasitc, adding a devil killer, good recovery and a board that can be fixed by minerva to always generate a row plus a light match. Tsubaki is also pretty nice, as she is fantastic against dragons (obviously), but also has good stats and a relevant active. Odin is a bit of an odd duck. His active is practically worthless about half the time, but he brings a bunch of rows, which seems to have made a noticeable difference in damage output of the team (BTW, thanks Dr.LawyerCop for convincing me not to sell him!).

My big issues are the following: bind clearing, damage enhance, delay, and just SI in general. Oftentimes I end up bringing Anima for his damage spike and god-killer, but he is a bit disappointing otherwise. I want to inherit both of my sarias, but I'm not sure on who, and I probably need to get a bind clear on something. Also, I often seem to need a delay, which has resulted in running either the terrible echidna or zeta hydra. Echidna's CD is right where I want it, but she really sucks in all other aspects. Zeta hydra is slightly better, but has a very long CD. So, how is everyone else handling this team?

I like smbu2000's build and the fact that he has several delay options. However, I don't have much in the way of TPA. I recently drew Ares on the last GF, and I'll probably give him a shot, but I have to evo him first.

Take a look at the team i posted a page or so back. It's the fastest and safest team I've ever played for A1 and clears a ton of content. Run Red Riding Hood for bind clear if you have her or put Kiren's active on Minerva if you have her. Red is extremely flexible so use anything that you have that focuses on rows.

Love the Genryusai/Minerva team. I'm swimming in Piis at the moment.

Aesnath

Take a look at the team i posted a page or so back. It's the fastest and safest team I've ever played for A1 and clears a ton of content. Run Red Riding Hood for bind clear if you have her or put Kiren's active on Minerva if you have her. Red is extremely flexible so use anything that you have that focuses on rows.

Love the Genryusai/Minerva team. I'm swimming in Piis at the moment.

I saw it, and I like the idea behind it. For whatever reason, I'm not as big a fan of the Ilm pairing. Probably because I'm focusing on rows currently and it doesn't give a flat multiplier. It is on my list of things to try.

What do you do when you hit a big blue enemy? Those really suck the wind out of my sails. I've been relying on delays, but that has issues and doesn't always work.

J0dy77

I saw it, and I like the idea behind it. For whatever reason, I'm not as big a fan of the Ilm pairing. Probably because I'm focusing on rows currently and it doesn't give a flat multiplier. It is on my list of things to try.

What do you do when you hit a big blue enemy? Those really suck the wind out of my sails. I've been relying on delays, but that has issues and doesn't always work.

I agree about Ilm, the issue with Ilm/Minerva pairing is that you need 9 orbs just to activate your multiplier, 10 to activate with a TPA and 12 for a row. That's so inconsistent and makes you orb and active hungry.

Water type doesn't really phase me because there is just so much damage coming from the team. The team I posted has 15 rows, 2 TPA,5 or so fire enhance orbs and when you match fire and light are doing it against a 48x multiplier. A row of just 6 fire orbs (no light match) activates at 24x with the benefit of the 15 rows. Doesn't matter what is in front of you when you can use a 5 turn CD like Minerva for huge burst. Here's a screenshot of a recent Arena clear and some of the damage numbers you see:

RNuQHXV.jpg

I agree about Ilm, the issue with Ilm/Minerva pairing is that you need 9 orbs just to activate your multiplier, 10 to activate with a TPA and 12 for a row. That's so inconsistent and makes you orb and active hungry.

Water type doesn't really phase me because there is just so much damage coming from the team. The team I posted has 15 rows, 2 TPA,5 or so fire enhance orbs and when you match fire and light are doing it against a 48x multiplier. A row of just 6 fire orbs (no light match) activates at 24x with the benefit of the 15 rows. Doesn't matter what is in front of you when you can use a 5 turn CD like Minerva for huge burst. Here's a screenshot of a recent Arena clear and some of the damage numbers you see:

RNuQHXV.jpg
I am missing Leilan and Yamato and have my Ares in the Fire/Light form for the higher HP and rows. Do you think I would have just as easy a time with Uriel and DK Tsubaki in place of the ones I'm missing? I'd like to get an idea of my team's viability before throwing a bunch of resources into my RRH.

I am missing Leilan and Yamato and have my Ares in the Fire/Light form for the higher HP and rows. Do you think I would have just as easy a time with Uriel and DK Tsubaki in place of the ones I'm missing? I'd like to get an idea of my team's viability before throwing a bunch of resources into my RRH.
Uriel eats light orbs though.

I should give the Minerva team a try since I have most of these subs (except Tomato). Even have a hypermaxed RRH that I made for XM lol.

Uriel eats light orbs though.

I should give the Minerva team a try since I have most of these subs (except Tomato). Even have a hypermaxed RRH that I made for XM lol.
Ahh shit, you're right. Other than RRH he's my only fire card that makes hearts. Fire only is still 30x though with a row so that should be fine for most things.

J0dy77

The light sub version of ares is just as good and tsubaki is a great sub also. The only pieces that are required are the two leaders, a full board change for Beelzebub and maybe RRH for bind control. The rest can be any orb changers that keep light. I've even run Uriel and cleared a1 to allowadd for more heal. Personally I'd rather have cao cao in ares spot for the delay for tougher dungeons but don't have him. The green sub ares is nice for the red skyfall bonus and huge burst. He does the most damage on the team.

Ahh shit, you're right. Other than RRH he's my only fire card that makes hearts. Fire only is still 30x though with a row so that should be fine for most things.

Yup don't sweat it to much. You just want to be able to have big burst for the Kali's. I've one shot them plenty of times using only Genryusai and minerva activations together. My go to combo on less tricky runs is leilan and yomato.

How is the recovery on that Yamamoto/Minerva team?

Rcv is the one downfall but your not taking a lot of his. 99% skills are a pain but you can heal up with six heart orbs. I use yamato and RRH if I'm in a bad spot.

The light sub version of ares is just as good and tsubaki is a great sub also. The only pieces that are required are the two leaders, a full board change for Beelzebub and maybe RRH for bind control. The rest can be any orb changers that keep light. I've even run Uriel and cleared a1 to allowadd for more heal. Personally I'd rather have cao cao in ares spot for the delay for tougher dungeons but don't have him. The green sub ares is nice for the red skyfall bonus and huge burst. He does the most damage on the team.
Thanks! I actually have Cao Cao inherited on my Tsubaki and RGY on my Minerva so either of those would be my Beelzebub answer. A full board of fire might kill him too. I've been throwing random XP at RRH but now I have cause to max her out. Gotta get me some tamas though.

RE: D. Athena
Outside of the fact that I have nowhere near the MP, I decided that D. Athena isn't something I'm going to pursue due to one reason: SBR. Since she has none, you need to have a two SBR sub somewhere in the mix for full SBR. There are only a handful of okay-ish to good subs that have that, and I have none of them. Just as people have repeatedly said don't bother with Super Ra Dragon without a close to ideal team, I think D. Athena is unlikely to be a smart purchase (over other things) without access to one of those subs. Unless you plan on co-oping mostly with her. Just my two cents.

Honestly, if you put a bind clear on yours, I'll feel pretty good about not putting one on mine. A spike would be nice, but seems less generally essential. I'll feel pretty good about saria on mine if you SI the bind clear on yours.

Once the update comes I'll throw A. Sakuya on Minerva. That way you get the bind clear and if you don't need it, you can use her as a gravity on bosses or tough spawns.

saw cw_sasuke had put up ReLakshmi and because I decided to reincarnate her over the weekend I put together a quick team of Skuld/Sumire/Ryune/Andromeda and wow, what a fun/neat lead and a unique change of pace from heart cross.

I saw Mantastic had done an A1 clear (or A3? I forget) with her and while I don't think I'll get that serious with it, it's a fun little experimental lead.

Bladelaw

I'm going to continue to set myself up for disappointment regarding Super Ra Dragon. Here's hoping this new patch has that as well as the tan/skill up change.

I cleared the OSC pretty easily with Aizen. Inherited Orochi to deal with Linthia and Volsung and trusted Aizen's output to handle Gainaut. No real stumbling blocks either. I suppose I could have skyfalled into Sylvie Dragon's (Storm dragon), resolve and the counter hit would have killed me, or the same for Takemizuchi, but really Aizen makes this stuff trivial.

I'm back to farming MP until the next event. I'm going to continue to run Z8, I have the no pass team so it goes pretty quickly given that you basically button every floor. At some point I need to go back and farm more SDR but for the dungeons I run it's not a huge deal yet. I just want two more to fill out Aizen.

Aesnath

Once the update comes I'll throw A. Sakuya on Minerva. That way you get the bind clear and if you don't need it, you can use her as a gravity on bosses or tough spawns.

Sounds groovy.

If you need anything on my minerva (later), let me know. I've decided I'm going to go with Saria for the moment. Additionally, anything that would be helpful on Gremory? I find your delay useful from time to time. Right now, I'm thinking of Ishida for her.

J0dy77

Thanks! I actually have Cao Cao inherited on my Tsubaki and RGY on my Minerva so either of those would be my Beelzebub answer. A full board of fire might kill him too. I've been throwing random XP at RRH but now I have cause to max her out. Gotta get me some tamas though.

With 1.6 coming tomorrow you might want to play around with breaking that inherit since it only costs 1 million coins now. Tsubaki, cao cao, RRH and a board change is a really strong team.

saichi

I'm fully on the Ilm/Ilm train... but R,Minerva/Ilm team is so much safer.

I do have a soft spot for mono red team so I'll give it a try with R. Minerva. I hope I can find Genryusai friend somewhere

Bladelaw

I'm fully on the Ilm/Ilm train... but R,Minerva/Ilm team is so much safer.

I do have a soft spot for mono red team so I'll give it a try with R. Minerva. I hope I can find Genryusai friend somewhere

I can put him up if need be. I don't use him much but he is max skilled and I can 297 him if needed.

W-00

For the current One Shot Challenge, is there any way to tell which final boss you will face?

If you can get to the fifth floor, the enemy you face depends on the boss.

Takemikazuchi = Linthia
Stratios = Gainaut
Hel = Volsung

Of course, if you just don't want to expend the stamina to test the dungeon, this doesn't really help. Folks on Reddit have been trying to figure out what determines who you face, but so far all they've confirmed is that it isn't the starter dragon or the group.

b33r

I got Gainaut, Aizen really does trivialize dungeons. Lucifer was the only scary floor, I only did a 6 combo but got lucky with a skyfall. The plussed boss was almost the perfect amount for me too finish Satsuki #2. She will go on my dark Kanna team.

I also made a prong farming team with Aizen, Satsuki x2, awoken Haku, and Cecil. It works pretty well.

Genryusai continues his assault on PAD content. That damage was three rows and a couple skyfall fire.

OwR5l9gl.jpg
I said god damn!

I hope I can find other friends with this guy. I ran took ur guy into endless to try it out and it feels somewhat similar to Krishna. However, while you still need 9 orbs to fully activate I found it much easier to get 6 fire and 3 light instead of 9 fire. Do you do much stalling on floors where you have resistance or do you pretty much clear everything ASAP? Also what badge do you use in solo?

W-00

Genryusai continues his assault on PAD content. That damage was three rows and a couple skyfall fire.

OwR5l9gl.jpg

Seeing stuff like this really makes me wish that my main had a better fire box. I lucked out drawing Yamamoto on it, but my fire box is poor enough that his team currently consists of Antares/Ronia/Scarlet/Rozuel (Fire Dragon Knight).

Top Bottom