• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round XV: Cross Assault Survivors Reunion | Fighting game tournament | Mar. 2-4

USD

FINAL ROUND XV Teaser Trailer | BIONIC ARM! Marn Vs Combofiend - FR XIV MVC3 Singles (Full match)
FINAL ROUND XV OFFICIAL TRAILER #2

Recap of last year's Final Round tournament, including playlists, results and highlights.

STREAM

There will be multiple streams for the event. The main stream will be provided by Team Sp00ky, while the secondary stream will be provided by FunkyP. There will also be a dedicated Mortal Kombat stream run by Medina. Finally, there's a dedicated stream covering Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code.

Stream 1: http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
Stream 2: http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp
MK Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/medina4life
Melty Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/mrrayza

INFO

For more information, Check the official site as well as the SRK thread.

Final Round, the longest running fighting game tournament series in the US, held in Atlanta, Georgia and organized by Larry "ShinBlanka" Dixon, celebrates its fifteenth year. Final Round XV (FRXV) is a Road to EVO 2012 tournament, awarding seeding points to Top 16 finishers in select tournaments. FRXV is also the first of four Pitstop tournaments, which will have a combine $10,000 in bonuses, provided by EVO.

The prizes for FRXV are listed below:

$1000 bonus for 1st place in Super Street Fighter IV AE Ver.2012
$1000 bonus for 1st place in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
$500 bonus for 1st place in Soul Calibur V

In addition, Namco Bandai is providing a $5000 bonus for Soul Calibur V tournament, while Atlus is providing a $1000 bonus for The King of Fighters XIII tournament.

The finals for Cross Assault, a live reality show focusing on the upcoming release Street Fighter X Tekken, will also take place at the event Saturday March 3 at 10PM. The final four competitors are NerdJosh, TFA Hornett, ReNiC, and Dr. Sub-Zero, all originally from Team Street Fighter. The winner of the contest will $25,000. Cross Assault is an entire subject of its own, from the event itself to the controversy that sparked from it.

FINALROUNDBATS is a ranking battle series held in Japan run by Scott Popular. Just completing its second season, the winners for each game in the series win a trip to Final Round. This year's winners are Abelity (SSFIV AE), Ageo Joe aka Kusoru (UMvC3), and AO (TK6). Frieda will also be competing at Final Round.

MCZ x FINAL ROUND X TEAM SP00KY Twitter Contest

A message from MarkMan:
6802443946_1f66e48543_o.png

We're running a contest during FINALROUND XV weekend! You guys should enter. Click for details. http://twitpic.com/8rcth7

Make sure you follow @ATLfinalround @MadCatzInc @MarkMan23 and @teamspooky - tweet the message. Then WIN <3

This is the message that has to be tweeted:
Thank you @ATLfinalround for 15 years of #FGC support! Let's WIN together @MarkMan23 @MadCatzInc @teamspooky - http://twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

SPONSORS AND AFFILIATES
Namco Bandai Games
Mad Catz
Media Brain
NOS
Sega
BROKENTIER
GameStop
EVO
Capcom
FunkyP
Team Sp00ky
Atlus
iPLAYWINNER
CheapAssGamer.com

GAMES

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
The King of Fighters XIII
Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code
Mortal Kombat
SoulCalibur V
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver.2012
Tekken Tag Tournament HD
Tekken 6
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

In addition, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be available for free play the entire weekend.

PLAYERS

Will fill out as info becomes available. Expect a lot of players, East Coast and West. As for players I know will not be attending, there's MarlinPie and MrQuotes, both of NJ.

16-Bit
801 Strider
Abelity
Ageo Joe (aka Kusoru)
Alex Valle
Anakin
AndyOCR
The Answer
AO
AquaSilk
ATL Redd
Bibulus
CD
CDJr
Chelsea
Chris G
CJ Truth
Clockw0rk
Combofiend
Dacidbro
Damdai
Dark Geese
DBJoseph
Dieminion
DJ Huoshen
Dr. Chaos
Dr. Sub-Zero
Duc
Fighting GM
Filipino Champ
FlashMetroid
Flocker
fLoE
Frieda
Fubarduck
Garu (EVO 2010 Melty Blood Champion)
Gootecks
Hornett
IFC Yipes
IPeru
James Chen
Jan
Jaxel
Juicebox Abel
Justin Wong
KDZ
Knives
Lord Knight
MastaCJ
Maxter
Mick
Mike Ross
Min
Neo
NerdJosh
Noel Brown
NYC Fab
Online Tony
Pok Chop
PR Balrog
Ranmasama
Remix
ReNiC
Reo
Reynald
Ricky Ortiz
RTD
Ryan Hunter
Sabin
Sherryjenix
Steve H
Tatsu
Tom Brady
UltraDavid
Unkn0wn
Viscant

SCHEDULE

All times are EST (GMT -5).

fv7Xa.png

Cross Assault Finals will be Saturday at 10PM EST.

The Mortal Kombat stream is going to be twitch.tv/atlmk. If you follow bambamguitar on twitter(Pig of the Hut) he'll be tweeting updates and when they go live. Pools and top 8 will be streamed on Sunday and Saturday will be an all day stream of exhibitions and money matches. This is going to be the biggest Mortal Kombat tournament since Evo 2011. Over 100 entrants pre-reg and almost every top player is coming.

USD

The Mortal Kombat stream is going to be twitch.tv/atlmk. If you follow bambamguitar on twitter(Pig of the Hut) he'll be tweeting updates and when they go live. Pools and top 8 will be streamed on Sunday and Saturday will be an all day stream of exhibitions and money matches. This is going to be the biggest Mortal Kombat tournament since Evo 2011. Over 100 entrants pre-reg and almost every top player is coming.

Thanks for the info, updated. And yeah, that's quite a number of players.

USD

Man, Jebailey knows how to get it #esports style. Look at all those logos.

Final Round is run by ShinBlanka. Jebailey runs CEO (Community Effort Orlando). Not mentioning Larry in the OP is a pretty big omission, I'll update.

wow i've fallen behind on the fighting games scene, I'm gonna give this a shot! is Justin still playing as Iron Fist? That charcter was a lot of fun (for me to lose with!) when I played this game the last time around.

Wallach

Final Round is run by ShinBlanka. Jebailey runs CEO (Community Effort Orlando). Not mentioning Larry in the OP is a pretty big omission, I'll update.

Yeah I don't know why I have those guys mixed up. But yeah, he's workin' his ass off out there. I think I just saw NOS and my brain defaulted to Jebailey.

h3ro

LET'S GO! FGC-GAF is gaming-sides Best-GAF.

Pulling for Josh to win, even though he hates us.

STREAM SO HARD.

jbug617

Banned
I don't want to see any drama on the stream. I want the stream to be just about the games and the players and that's it. The whole gaming community is probably going to watch and somebody slips up expect more articles next week.

Man. I live so close, but I'll be tethered by work all weekend.
I'll be there in spirit. Stay free, FR attendees. Stay free.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Really wish the thread title had no reference to Cross Assault. What a shitty thing to be associated with. I feel sorry for Larry, hopefully this weekend is remembered for Final Round. And, not an abortion of a show.

FINAL ROUND...WHAT!!!

FINAL ROUND...WHAT!!!

FINAL ROUND...WHAT!!!

Edit: Haunts and Spooky you two are gods though. Keep on keeping on. However, real talk the show was fucked in many ways. An experiment that has hurt the FGC much more then help it. (Really Capcom done fucked up)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Feel extra terrible about missing this, but this is probably going to be fucking amazing.

Especially considering, you know, last year LOL

i remember watching the bionic arm moment as it happened - good times! and why oh why does umvc3 have to be when im working...blah, i will probably catch up on the recordings later!

USD

Also note that the SSFIV AE 2012 CAPCOM Official National Tournament in Japan will be running March 2/3, Day 1 of FR, though on a much different time schedule. There's also the big 5on5 the day before, as in tonight. Made a thread for that as well. Actually probably spent more time on that thread than this one, haha.

We must pay tribute to the fallen victims of Cross Assault. Anybody have a full list so we can point and laugh....err I mean salute?

Can't wait! Watch Final Round while playing SFxT(Hopefully)

Salutes to the fallen soldiers of Cross Assault. You will not be forgotten...until Final Round starts.

It's going to take a hell of a lot for it to live up to last year but I'm looking forward to it. Will be nice to see Josh take home 25k for free.

BadWolf

Lack of international players is a bummer (will be skipping SF4 for sure).

Looking forward to that KOFXIII goodness.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

Good shit. Rooting for you.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
If there's a GAF meet-up going down, PM me your number and keep me in the loop. I'd like to get some Marvel sessions in if nothing else.

USD: Kurosu (sp?) is also attending. He won the JP qualifier for UMvC3, supposedly has secret Rocket Raccon tech on deck, and if I'm not mistaken was the guy who discovered the DHC glitch.

Top Bottom