• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
fSSv9sm.gif

“Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
-Bruce Lee, Discoverer of the composition of water

Current UFC Champions:

tumblr_o3lswfyRYJ1rofocqo1_500.gif

McGregor Belt: Nate Diaz

0BVDX8g.gif

Heavyweight: Stipe Miocic

cormicakej0omi.gif

Light Heavyweight: Daniel Cormier

28VKtnH.gif

Middleweight: Michael Bisping

c22qm6m.gif

Welterweight: Tyron Woodley

untitled-11v3sut.gif

Lightweight: Conor McGregor

w10Djpv.gif

Featherweight (stripped): Conor McGregor

2N1o42W.jpg

Featherweight: Max Holloway

amTrpkh.gif

Bantamweight: Cody Garbrandt

99NBSmr.gif

Flyweight: Demetrious Johnson

i4Nkrdr.gif

Women's Bantamweight: Amanda Nunes

AgitatedHelplessGraywolf.gif

Women's Strawweight: Joanna Jedrzejczyk

To Those That Are No Longer With Us:

polyh3dron
Vio-Lence
Lambda Pie
Lyoto Machida
Ronda Rousey

ixIQzVTkO7qKl.png

xJqD1Pb.gif

Fight Schedule:

jJsJrou.gif

"Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick."
-Bruce Lee, Father of MMA, originator of stand and bang.

MjFrancis

Some of the most prolific MMA-GAF posters have found their way obstructed by the ban hammer. I would just like to think that they are paying homage to their favorite fighters whose careers get sidelined by testing positive for PEDs.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm giving the edge to the next OT.

I think I'll go with The Last Guardian. OT5 lasted ~18 months and we were still a pretty healthy community at the start of it. 4 of the top 10 posters from that thread are banned now. This thread makes it at least a full 2 years so I think TLG will be out first by just a hair.

Lazyslob

Banned
im fucking sick of that stupid ass 'welcome to the show' song. like are people who run these sports entertainment businesses all bros? yo man that welcome to the show song is SICC

scabro

I think I'll go with The Last Guardian. OT5 lasted ~18 months and we were still a pretty healthy community at the start of it. 4 of the top 10 posters from that thread are banned now. This thread makes it at least a full 2 years so I think TLG will be out first by just a hair.

last guardian is dead crumbr

like shoguns knees or bigfoot's chin or mmagaf

Fitting for the new era where half the fighters on a typical UFC has no wiki page.

I'm going to try to post at least once every five pages, or twice for every time Cain fights, or once a year, whichever is most. See you guys in 2016.

scabro

Fitting for the new era where half the fighters on a typical UFC has no wiki page.

I'm going to try to post at least once every five pages, or twice for every time Cain fights, or once a year, whichever is most. See you guys in 2016.

i cut my teeth in the nerdchat superfightleague breh

check my sherdog page

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
To be perfectly honest, this week's card looks amazing.

QO9NLip.jpg

I recognise every name on the main card!

This card is definitely looking good.

To be honest, I think i have only skimmed one UFC in the last decade and it was one of those second event in a day cards. I just can't watch two full cards in a 24 hour period.

I am absolutely shocked there have been no injuries on the main card.......Pettis just has to go a few more days without breaking himself

industrian

Reem's eating an overhand in the first and will be fighting Cheick Kongo in six months.

industrian

Does young Pettis have a clause in his contract stipulating that Zuffa shall put younger Pettis on the the undercard?

If two women know each other well and hang out together all the time then eventually their periods will cycle together.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
new OT, new era of mmaGAF. to hoping its longer lived than the machida era. raise your glass to good scraps and bangin, cheers brahs

MjFrancis

UFC 185 predictions:

Anthony Pettis vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Carla Esparza vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk
Johny Hendricks vs. Matt Brown
Roy Nelson vs. Alistair Overeem
Chris Cariaso vs. Henry Cejudo

Preview of the Roy Nelson vs. Alistair Overeem matchup:

nelson-vs-herman.gif

industrian

I see Dos Anjos winning most of the fight and either getting caught like Gil or losing a controversial decision.
That Polish girl looked unconvincing against Gadelha so I see her losing a lopsided decision.
Hendricks by decision.
If Overeem is smart he'll have studied how JDS and Werdum fought Nelson and follow their blueprint. But in all likelihood he's getting KO'd in the first.

UFC 185 predictions:

Anthony Pettis vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Carla Esparza vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk
Johny Hendricks vs. Matt Brown
Roy Nelson vs. Alistair Overeem
Chris Cariaso vs. Henry Cejudo

Preview of the Roy Nelson vs. Alistair Overeem matchup:

nelson-vs-herman.gif
Other than Esparza I have the exact opposite picks.

Top Bottom