• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

LAA

It sucks no comment had even been made on a EU version. Am I going to have to get this through a VPN or something on Android?

Mit-

I suggest the Unicornis, because we have won every wee since the game launched. Just saying.

This makes me not want to join Unicornis. Have any other factions come close to winning said "wees"?

Mit-

No. We outscore by a factor of at least two times.

And the OP is just under the character limit. Don't be that guy.

I actually just realized you meant to say "weeks". I thought you were abbreviating some fancy term for a weekly battle that I didn't know.

Anyhow hopefully Amuricans gravitate towards a different faction so there's competition.

Wow the OT looks fantastic! Great job!!!
I love the art style of the game, and of course I definitely will be playing and wanting to join the fun with GAF! Once the spreadsheet starts I'll make sure to add myself.

The artstyle would be ok if every single character didn't look smug lol. I wanna play an angry bald guy!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm guessing this game is a jank-fest just like Record Keeper, with terrible "browser-like" menus and stuff?

Malyse

I'm guessing this game is a jank-fest just like Record Keeper, with terrible "browser-like" menus and stuff?
You would guess wrong.
wow

that's almost a deal breaker lol
I doubt many people have even noticed it. The outfits display uses a variety of skin tones and this one female outfit skin tone is much darker than any of the others. It could just as easily be a glitch.

Malyse

I need this game to be out!!!

It's not even that I want to play it, it's that I want to talk about the story.

----

Well shit. Sorry EU.

Blame Napalm for talking shit about the Unicornis. That's what you get!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
You would guess wrong.

I doubt many people have even noticed it. The outfits display uses a variety of skin tones and this one female outfit skin tone is much darker than any of the others. It could just as easily be a glitch.

Sorry but only Xehanort is allowed to be black (kinda?, even Ansem was whitewashed!).

i just wanna be brownish

if that's possible, i'm happy

Malyse

i just wanna be brownish

if that's possible, i'm happy
My character in the OP is the darkest shade in the Japanese release.

FB7tpa3.png

----

I gotta tell my party I'm leaving. They are going to be so upset. For some reason they got really excited when they found out I was American.

Hedge

Are there perks to being a member of an order winning the weekly ranking? If it's in the OP I'm sorry, I couldn't quite find it.

Before we get started you should know two things.

First, Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ is absolutely canon. Second, Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ ties directly into KH3, as well as Dream Drop Distance, Birth By Sleep 0.2 a fragmentary passage, and χ Back Cover. Don't assume that because this is a F2P mobile game that it's not as important as Birth By Sleep or Dream Drop Distance.

AEnTP7Z.jpg

Sigh.
I really, really love Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, but thought all these side games just made it all so very confusing. Dark Souls makes more sense. I'll still try it out (thanks for the cool post, OP) and I definitely want to play the game, but man, remember when the series was pretty much "You got Disney in my Square Enix"?

Sölf

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but just the apk. I'm sure someone will download it off Google Play as soon as the game's released and share it on MEGA or something.

Well, okay, if that's all that shouldn't be that much of a problem. Thanks.

Malyse

Are there perks to being a member of an order winning the weekly ranking? If it's in the OP I'm sorry, I couldn't quite find it.

I'd like to know this as well. Because tbh, the unicorn one was my least favorite...

You get more upgrade medals, which really helps out 340 missions in. And there's on doozy of a boss battle that you'll want to be as strong as possible for, but that's pretty late in the game.

As if this would stop us. :)

So since this isnt coming EU how do i download? Im on android...

Sölf;200329222 said:
I also need to know this. What do I need? :0

Yeah just the apk should do it.

So just wait for someone to upload to a hosting site?
Thx.

If that works. I downloaded the apk to my tablet when the game launched and it wanted to verify through the Play Store, which in turn didn't work because IP lock. It's why I went with iOS. But maybe you'll have better luck.

Sigh.
I really, really love Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, but thought all these side games just made it all so very confusing. Dark Souls makes more sense. I'll still try it out (thanks for the cool post, OP) and I definitely want to play the game, but man, remember when the series was pretty much "You got Disney in my Square Enix"?

It's really not. Confusing is something like Fate/stay night. This is a game (KH1), two sequels (KH2, KH3D) and two prequels (BBS, [chi]). That's all you really need to play. The other titles are just to expand the universe. They are the Star Wars Rogue One's of the KH universe.

Malyse

Can i join you guys if I play on mobile ?
If you pick the same Union.

I'm going with the Unicornis. It was my [chi] Union, it was my Japanese Unchained Union, so I'm going to stick with it. Legit spoilers
Plus our Foreteller knows how to keep his damn head down. Well at least so far he has.

doop_

Banned
If you pick the same Union.

I'm going with the Unicornis. It was my [chi] Union, it was my Japanese Unchained Union, so I'm going to stick with it. Legit spoilers
Plus our Foreteller knows how to keep his damn head down. Well at least so far he has.
Is it OK to start with a Japanese apk or will I have to download a new one ?

Tidd

If that works. I downloaded the apk to my tablet when the game launched and it wanted to verify through the Play Store, which in turn didn't work because IP lock. It's why I went with iOS. But maybe you'll have better luck.

Hmm, I said this because the japanese version is working without problems. Would be really dumb if they IP lock it. :/

Kouriozan

Well shit. Sorry EU.

Blame Napalm for talking shit about the Unicornis. That's what you get!
Ah sh*t, it's the second game I want that refuse to release in Europe (with Monster Strike), after waiting months and months for Puzzle and Dragon.
And yes, I have an US account but the lag was horrible in Monster Strike.

Top Bottom