• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yohei Kataoka (Tokyo Jungle) & Suda51 (crap) presents: Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day

duckroll

Updates:

Hybrid disc release with the game and Short Peace anime film coming in January.

In addition, the anime's PlayStation 3 video game, titled Yukigimi Ranko no Ichiban Nagai Hi (Ranko Yukigimi's Longest Day), will ship in Japan on January 16 for 6,980 yen (about US$70). The 2D scrolling game tells the story of the fifth short in Short Peace, which was not included in the anime film. (The game's disc will contain the full anime film as well.) The story follows the unreal daily life of three high school girls, one of whom happens to be an assassin. Gōichi "Suda51" Suda (No More Heroes, Lollipop Chainsaw) and Yōhei Kataoka (Tokyo Jungle) are developing the game.

Yeah they confirmed it the other day. There's actually trailer footage of the game's anime FMVs and a tiny bit of gameplay here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ihx542wz2M&feature=player_detailpage#t=183

Someone capped stuff from the Bandai Namco stream earlier.

PV2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNXmQr5R8jw

Anime FMV preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N1hof5Xrlc

----

I'm only making this thread because Nirolak asked me to!

So apparently the magazine leaks from Japan this week started early, and there's a surprise announcement for the PS3.

Katsuhiro Otomo's Short Peace anime omnibus film opens on July 20 in Japan, and it features a collection of 4 short films by by 4 different directors. This game is considered the 5th entry in that collection. It will be directed by Yohei Kataoka and written by Suda51. The game is described as a "2D side scrolling high speed effect action game" where you defeat enemies using effects. The setting is modern day Japan.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So many things about this sound awesome.

duckroll

Oh shit, Tokyo Jungle staff member as well as Suda? Even more hype now!

The game is being developed at Crispy, so it's not just Kataoka, it's probably the entire team.

I wonder I this is going to be a downloadable title or included with the film when it hits Blu-ray as another hybrid disc?

Hybrid disc is my guess as well. Seems like a good way to sell more Short Peace blu-rays in game stores when it's released.

I'm only making this thread because Nirolak asked me to!

So apparently the magazine leaks from Japan this week started early, and there's a surprise announcement for the PS3.

Katsuhiro Otomo's Short Peace anime omnibus film opens on July 20 in Japan, and it features a collection of 4 short films by by 4 different directors. This game is considered the 5th entry in that collection. It will be directed by Yohei Kataoka and written by Suda51. The game is described as a "2D side scrolling high speed effect action game" where you defeat enemies using effects. The setting is modern day Japan.

Nice.

Sounds good. What are the chances of this coming over?

Makes me even more excited for Short Peace. I hope it somehow comes to the states, but I'm definitely not expecting anything.

duckroll

There's a tiny scan floating around now showing the main character design. Also I got the title wrong so I'm going to fix the thread title. I suck! :(

GhaleonQ

Makes me even more excited for Short Peace. I hope it somehow comes to the states, but I'm definitely not expecting anything.

Indeed. Combustible is fricking superb, the best thing he's ever done, and Kataoka (and, screw it, Suda a little bit) make me just as excited as that association.

duckroll

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201307/11036339.html

Z1aJh0C.jpg

Looks awesome o_o

Okay so Suda is the assassin game maker? All his characters seem to be killers lol

Wonder if it will have a physical release, looks like something that would be on PSN so far.

duckroll

Story (This is 150% Suda-nonsense)
Ranko Tsukigime is the only daughter of the Tsukigime Enterprise family living by herself in a parking lot. They're the underground company which has the monopoly over the monthly parking lot business in all of Japan. She's a cheeky schoolgirl by day, and a deadly hitman by night. One night, while going after her intended target, she finds herself being chased by an evil organization out to get her. (Yes the entire premise is a silly pun on tsukigime parking.)

Gameplay
The game is said to be an easy to understand 2D sidescrolling action game where enemies are chasing you and you have to run to the objective, while fending enemies off by attacking them with on-screen effects. There will also be unique stages where there are giant boss enemies, The game design, art, and direction are all being handled by Crispy's.

Gbraga

I have no idea of what's going on in those screenshots, but I love the idea and the trailer for the anime was jaw dropping. Definitely interested, I hope I can get everything in one blu-ray.

cj_iwakura

Which is the way it should be, imo. I love Suda's writing.

All of Suda's directed games are brilliant. Hint: he hasn't directed a game since No More Heroes.

That said, Tokyo Jungle was brilliant too. Very reminiscent of something KTP-era Suda would do.

Okay, hype growing, love what I see.

Hybrid disc release with the game and Short Peace anime film coming in January.

In addition, the anime's PlayStation 3 video game, titled Yukigimi Ranko no Ichiban Nagai Hi (Ranko Yukigimi's Longest Day), will ship in Japan on January 16 for 6,980 yen (about US$70). The 2D scrolling game tells the story of the fifth short in Short Peace, which was not included in the anime film. (The game's disc will contain the full anime film as well.) The story follows the unreal daily life of three high school girls, one of whom happens to be an assassin. Gōichi "Suda51" Suda (No More Heroes, Lollipop Chainsaw) and Yōhei Kataoka (Tokyo Jungle) are developing the game.

Astarte

All of Suda's directed games are brilliant. Hint: he hasn't directed a game since No More Heroes.

He directed liberation maiden
Everyone forgets liberation maiden, but you'll all see when that VN comes out!
see a suda game bomb harder

Let's go suda! Killer is Dead may not be GOTY, but I enjoyed piecing together the plot!

Top Bottom