• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney and Fox are finalizing a $60B deal, could be announced next week

Do people want to see X-Men in MCU though?

I'd rather see Deadpool 2 spoofing X-Men. I don't know if X-Men is a good fit to be a part of the MCU universe.

Lynchian

Do people want to see X-Men in MCU though?

I'd rather see Deadpool 2 spoofing X-Men. I don't know if X-Men is a good fit to be a part of the MCU universe.

I'd assume they'll keep them mostly separate from the usual MCU crew for a while and slowly build up until some serious shit happens (ala GOTG)

I'd assume they'll keep them mostly separate from the usual MCU crew for a while and slowly build up until some serious shit happens (ala GOTG)

Hmmm. I guess they could do that, but they should almost start over. A long time for now. Logan finished Wolverines story really well. And with Bryan Singer having disturbing rumors about him sodomizing young boy assistants, I wonder if they should reboot X-Men.

Maybe after MCU is ended.

MCU is ending in 2020 right?

Atrus

Gold Member
I wonder if Fox is also attempting to sell off the remainder in piecemeal fashion as well. I’m not sure if traditional news is a moneymaker these days but I suppose Fox News has its particular audience.

shira

Alright, so who is Warner going to buy in order to keep up?

Anime
DZtLeiS.gif

Mett

Hmmm. I guess they could do that, but they should almost start over. A long time for now. Logan finished Wolverines story really well. And with Bryan Singer having disturbing rumors about him sodomizing young boy assistants, I wonder if they should reboot X-Men.

Maybe after MCU is ended.

MCU is ending in 2020 right?

I believe they said they had another 20 movies planned.

EDIT: here's source https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2017/...infinity-war-phase-three-iron-man-anniversary

Xiaoki

I don't think Disney, with its MCU obsession, would've given us Logan or Deadpool.
This is the biggest problem.

There is no way Disney would have green lit an R-rated foul mouthed Deadpool or an R-rated super violent Logan. What about the upcoming horror themed New Mutants? Definitely don't want this to effect future planned movies like X-Force or the Logan follow up with Dafne Keen by James Mangold.

llien

End of capitalism is near (in line with Marxism): huge transnational corporation getting even bigger.

Billion?

I'm uncomfortable hearing that word alone.

It is confusing indeed:

A billion is a number with two distinct definitions:
1,000,000,000, i.e. one thousand million, or 109 (ten to the ninth power), as defined on the short scale. This is now generally the meaning in both British and American English.

1,000,000,000,000, i.e. one million million, or 1012 (ten to the twelfth power), as defined on the long scale. This is one thousand times larger than the short scale billion, and equivalent to the short scale trillion.
American English always uses the short scale definition but British English has employed both versions. Historically, the United Kingdom used the long scale billion but since 1974 official UK statistics have used the short scale. Since the 1950s the short scale has been increasingly used in technical writing and journalism, although the long scale definition still enjoys common usage.

Sapiens

End of capitalism is near (in line with Marxism): huge transnational corporation getting even bigger.

It is confusing indeed:

I’m okay with it as long as I can have muh marvel movies. Muh favourite corporation is winning. :)

If X-Men (it wont) did appear in MCU, I wonder how they would address the whole issue of mutant oppression given... the Avengers. Oh, and who they would cast as Human Torch if FF joined.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Infinity War looks dull without the X-Men. They've kept the current Marvel universe running on fumes. This deal could make everything a whole lot better.

Basoes

If X-Men (it wont) did appear in MCU, I wonder how they would address the whole issue of mutant oppression given... the Avengers. Oh, and who they would cast as Human Torch if FF joined.

when Cap is killed in infinity wars, he reappears as torch and says capt was his twin brother

Osukaa

Does this mean well finally get to see the Dr Doom that we deserve Finally!!

Honestly I would love to see the X-Men and FF and Avengers all in the shared Universe. They could always pull of some pocket universe stuff if they decide to keep them separate and only have them team share the screen when it is convenient I guess. I just want to have Disney redo what the Xmen and especially what the FF have become and give them the casting and budget that they deserve (not all Casting are bad but most of them could be better I think) . I'm actually hyped and glad that this can happen in my lifetime lol.

Bring it on!!

styl3s

Hugh Jackman in infinity war
Please.

Also, when they reboot the MCU and put x-men in i hope they do a proper Civil War next time along with a proper Old Man Logan. I'm glad Disney/Marvel is getting the X-men universe back. If you don't like Comic Book films don't watch them, i have been waiting my whole life to see the avengers and the x-men together on screen and to see the full universe together in film.

I'm fucking excited.

BANGS

Banned
I would love this. Let Ryan Reynolds stay in charge of deadpool, fire everybody who had anything to do with xmen... Reboot xmen and let them join the MCU down the line...

Top Bottom