• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

I've been rewatching select episodes of G-Gundam, and damn, it still holds up, and it's still as awesome as I remember.

It's easy to just get lost and get back to those individual character stories within the episodic structure of the fights/tournament, but within so many of those, I loved how everything just build up to culminate in those climatic episodes in the last quarter where the truth were revealed, and emotions were RAW through the roof.

I hate Riddhe as much as anyone else but I'll be straight about something.
Loni Garvey
had to go.

Also boo at the name change.
This is true. I do believe when Banana finally reached her the mobile armor took over any way. At least he tried to reason with her. Riddhe was just like "finish her already." Granted I think she nuked half the city in the process of said reasoning.

Gundam Reconguista in G Episode 7

Bell's mom was one of the funniest parts of this anime. Her completely being shocked and everything in the glider made me rewatch it twice. What a great moment, and then to top the cake, when she was more concerned over forgetting Bell's bananas and cinnamon biscuits that he likes, how funny.

Loved Bell's performance, how the pirates could have survived him is just a baffling thought.

They need to give G Self and other machines some wings, having to go on these little airships things is really keeping battles from really reaching new heights in excitement.

Even with a name change, the Riddhe hate runs eternal.

But seriously.....Fuck Riddhe!
Riddhe done goufed. You don't
kill a woman with a seriously tragic history after she's finally found some peace in her heart and realized that she has the love of her psuedo father
and get away with it.
Zinnerman
should've shot his ass personally. And after he fucked up the fool is crying about it asking for god damn sympathy.
604.jpg

NEO0MJ

This is true. I do believe when Banana finally reached her the mobile armor took over any way. At least he tried to reason with her. Riddhe was just like "finish her already." Granted I think she nuked half the city in the process of said reasoning.

It was stupid of banagher to try and talk to her. You don't have time to reason with someone who as you said is blowing the country to kingdom come just because you want to bang them. Now
killing Marida,
that was a dick move.

It was stupid of banagher to try and talk to her. You don't have time to reason with someone who as you said is blowing the country to kingdom come just because you want to bang them. Now
killing Marida,
that was a dick move.
He wanted her like that? Damn Banagher get to know a woman first.

killing Marida,
that was a dick move.

That seems like a Newtype thing. Gotta try and save singular people who are destroying lives left and right. Fuck all those innocent people this 1 girl is more important.

Honestly? I'm thinking of buying the DVDs just for the cover. Too expensive, no dub, not Blu-Ray but damn isn't the cover of part 1 hot.
I bought them because they're cheaper on the early pre orders and because Gundam. I didn't want the 00 movie to be the last piece of Gundam media I would purchase. That and better show interest in these things before they stop coming.

Shun

get receipts?

It's definitely a thing, though. There are two RG Destiny kits now sitting on my desk with big red 50% B&N circle stickers on them. Just go find the clearance table (they might be stacked under it - that's how they were at my B&N).

I checked a 2nd B&N near my house and all the RGs were gone.

Edit: here we go

17094449242_373d4c3e3b_c.jpg

Yesssss, bless you Enron.

I picked up 2 RG Destiny, 1 RG Exia, and 1 RG Strike Freedom (not pictured) all for 50% off O(^∇^)O

I should try again and haggle for MG EW Deathscythe, Sengoku Astray, and Wing Zero Custom...

IMG_0345.jpg

nJe73nd.jpg

Transforming gundam, so it took a good long time to come to understand how to pose this thing in a stable but believable way. I'm 3/5s through the GATX series. The most fun build was probably Duel. The best executed build was Buster. I had major issues with Aegis, but once I actually got it finished and posed... damn if it isn't a satisfying model once you get it on the shelf.

Once I get an action base for it, the possibilities will open up big-time.

Here's a pic I took of my 10 dollar HG Remold version (A super fun quick build, actually!)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's a giant GM with super robot powers so I guess?

Oh right, he does remind me of GM.

In a better version of Gundam Unicorn Judau Ashta and Amuro Rey join up in a two-man ZZ Gundam to fight Mineva Zabi as she rides around in the Ideon.

Hilariously enough Cosmo looks like Amuro with an afro.

ideon+screenshot.bmp

Then again in the 70's a lot of characters look like Amuro.

The show is okay. The high points are good. decent cast. The music is amazing, but I am biased since the composer, Koichi Sugiyama, is my favorite musician ever. The show kind of meanders here and there though.

Be Invoked is an amazing movie though. Probably one of the best anime films I've ever seen in my life. It's a snuff film for sure, but it is highly effective in what it seeks to do. Probably my favorite Tomino thing ever.
A Contact is a compilation movie. I don't know the quality or if it's good enough to skip the series though. I've only listened to its sound track. Sailing Fly is great
But that said, I saw it once and don't think I'll ever need to see it again. It's too draining.

The show is okay. The high points are good. decent cast. The music is amazing, but I am biased since the composer, Koichi Sugiyama, is my favorite musician ever. The show kind of meanders here and there though.

Be Invoked is an amazing movie though. Probably one of the best anime films I've ever seen in my life. It's a snuff film for sure, but it is highly effective in what it seeks to do. Probably my favorite Tomino thing ever.
A Contact is a compilation movie. I don't know the quality or if it's good enough to skip the series though. I've only listened to its sound track. Sailing Fly is great
But that said, I saw it once and don't think I'll ever need to see it again. It's too draining.
I know I shouldn't get attached to the cast, but this sounds interesting. I know it'll either be this or VOTOMS as my next non gundam old robot show.

I think overall I liked Ideon more. VOTOMS is great but I kind of lost interest during its third arc. It recovers, but doesn't reach the highs of its second arc, which is basically a better version of whatever bullshit 08th MS Team was trying.

I also recommend Dougram as an old school show. Fantastic villain in that series.,

I think overall I liked Ideon more. VOTOMS is great but I kind of lost interest during its third arc. It recovers, but doesn't reach the highs of its second arc, which is basically a better version of whatever bullshit 08th MS Team was trying.

I also recommend Dougram as an old school show. Fantastic villain in that series.,
Dougram has very interesting mecha designs.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I never watched VOTOMS, does Chirico always make that deadpan uninterested expression every time?

Not sure. I've only seen the original series, haven't touched any of the ovas. It might have spoiled some details but maybe nothing too Bad?

RangerBAD

Watch Votoms first, then all the OVAs that involve Chirico. Then the spin-off OVAs. By not watching Votoms, you missed out on the best OP/ED ever so you can't enjoy all the subsequent redux versions in the OVAs.

Watch Votoms first, then all the OVAs that involve Chirico. Then the spin-off OVAs. By not watching Votoms, you missed out on the best OP/ED ever so you can't enjoy all the subsequent redux versions in the OVAs.

I now have the VOTOMS theme song stuck in my head.

Not that that's a bad thing.

Sora_N

Does MG Strike RM actually say Remastered? Or am I good if it talks about the HD Seed and is 2013 on the box?

Found a store selling for a decent price

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gundam Wing does nothing amazingly well but does everything just well enough. It might be the most complete series that doesn't involve a peace time fighting competition.

Top Bottom