• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Secret of Mana remake for PS4 and PS Vita announcement leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKHF

Update: Confirmed

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/rumor-secret-mana-remake-ps4-ps-vita-announcement-leaked
PlayStation Latin America may have leaked the announcement of a Secret of Mana remake for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita.

The Latin American division posted the following on their official Facebook page

Secret-of-Mana-PS4-PSV-Rumor_08-25-17_002.jpg

The caption reads: ”A legendary RPG returns. Secret of Mana comes to PS4 and PS Vita on February 15, 2018. http://play.st/2ivxbhh."

The link in the caption redirects to the PlayStation Blog LATAM, and the URL contains ”el-remake-en-3d," suggesting it is a 3D remake rather than a port. Unfortunately, the post itself either is not live or was live and has been taken down.

Unless the PlayStation Latin America Facebook page was hacked, it seems likely that this is a real announcement that was posted prematurely. But until anything is confirmed, we suggest remaining skeptical.

Thanks, Reddit User Opeth_Agalloch.

DKHF

Nekketsu Kõha;246934128 said:
How is that a leak? Why everytime I see a thread with the words leak in it the information comes published from official channels.
Leak because it was posted prematurely (assuming this is real).

Leak because it was posted prematurely (assuming this is real).

Maybe but why presume they didn't intend for it. It just seems to happen all the time recently when it comes to anything from movies to tv and games. Thought it was a meme at first or perhaps the way companies enjoy breaking news viral.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

DxD

Banned
Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
WTF is going on!

SD3 please as well.
I want to play my Nightblade class again.

Aters

How does that translate to a remake? The wording sounds more like a port to be honest. Also Vita refuses to die lol.

edit: in 3d? that's a remake alright.

DKHF

Nekketsu Kõha;246934264 said:
Maybe but why presume they didn't intend for it. It just seems to happen all the time recently when it comes to anything from movies to tv and games. Thought it was a meme at first or perhaps the way companies enjoy breaking news viral.
If it's real, it's obvious Square Enix didn't intend for one place to post the announcement before all other outlets.

oti

Banned
Ah yes, re-release original on SNES Classic (and Switch in Japan) and then exclusive remake on Playstation.

Perfect brand synergy.

Doesn't say anything about exclusive. Wouldn't expect the Sony FB account to mention a Switch version.

iidesuyo

PLEASE

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Edit: Sorry for the outburst, but it's my favourite game ever!

sinonobu

Banned
Wasn't there Seiken Densetsu 1 Remake that was released on Vita and Smartphones?

I'm expecting this to be around the same level as that. Especially with Vita as one of the platforms.

eXistor

I dunno, I have a feeling this is gonna be a cheap-looking, budget top-down 3D remake. I mean, I suppose there's little else they can do, but I'm pretty confident this is not gonna amount to much. I'll try to remain cautiously optimistic.

/edit: basically I'm expecting it to look like this:

hg6WdF5.jpg

legend166

Ah yes, re-release original on SNES Classic (and Switch in Japan) and then exclusive remake on Playstation.

Perfect brand synergy.

Not to say it is coming to the Switch (if it exists), but if it were they wouldn't announce it on the PlayStation Twitter page.

Banned
This will compliment Romance of Saga remakes very nicely. I never played the originals so this is great. Day one buy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom