• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Totori US Trailer Released -- North American Release September 27th

Th-that only gives me less than a month to finish up Disgaea 4. D:

But, wow that's quite earlier than expected with Disgaea 4 coming out.

matmanx1

Kagari said:
September is packed for Japanese game fans ><

It really is. Almost annoyingly so. I'm going to feel like the equivalent of a video game camel storing up gaming nourishment with all of my September purchases. Xenoblade, Disgaea 4, Tales of Xillia, Solotarobo (for the US, is also Sept. 27) and now Atelier Totori. Did I forget anything? My wallet is cringing already!

matmanx1 said:
It really is. Almost annoyingly so. I'm going to feel like the equivalent of a video game camel storing up gaming nourishment with all of my September purchases. Xenoblade, Disgaea 4, Tales of Xillia, Solotarobo (for the US, is also Sept. 27) and now Atelier Totori. Did I forget anything? My wallet is cringing already!

Persona 2 Innocent Sin (PSP)

matmanx1

Dedication Through Light said:
Persona 2 Innocent Sin (PSP)

Gah! Forgot about that one!

The trailer looks great though. I always look forward to Gust's games and this one is no exception.

Ken

Liked the music in the trailer.
I need a PS3 come September (Totori, Disgaea 4, AC V in October).

Nix

Banned
matmanx1 said:

Hey. Hey! Get out my wishlist!

If it's anything like previous ones, yeah, I'll get it, but I wish they toned down the loli girls, and added a more in depth battle system. Whatever, it'll still be fun to play, and hopefully it'll come with an LE.

Nix said:

If it's anything like previous ones, yeah, I'll get it, but I wish they toned down the loli girls, and added a more in depth battle system. Whatever, it'll still be fun to play, and hopefully it'll come with an LE.

Based off the trailer, it does look that NISA is tossing in a limited edition box for this game like with their past PS3 releases of late, which includes an artbook and a soundtrack

Also, based off the videos of this game, the battle system does look more like a traditional RPG with MP and showing the turn order during battle. It really looks more advanced than the battle system in Rorona.

KyteTron

Banned
Nix said:

no.

Tailzo

matmanx1 said:
I thought that was 2012 for the west? Yeah, I'm buying Catherine, El Shaddai, Xenoblade, Disgaea 4, Atelier Totori and EDF in a very short timespan. I even thought about making a thread of the sudden flood of awesome japanese games.

mm..
september..
disgaea 4
dark souls
heroes 6
warhammer 40.000
resistance 3
ico&shadow of the colossus pack
and technically fifa...

the game might be good indeed, but i smell bomba sales... :/

Einbroch

Banned
Haven't played an Atelier game since the PS2 days...are they still good? I remember liking it until I lost my disk. Then for some reason my opinion of it went down.

Tizoc

I think I missed out on Rorona...but didn't that game allow you to skip the battles and focus on the alchemy segments?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I love Atelier Rorona's cheerful storyline, great cast of characters, incredible soundtrack, and addicting alchemy gameplay. In a hobby surrounded by emo, depressing characters, and testosterone up the wazoo, this game is a breath of fresh air.

This game, and any Atelier/Gust game is mine on day one :)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kagari said:
September is packed for Japanese game fans ><

What localized Japanese games are coming out on September?

Durante

Tizoc said:
I think I missed out on Rorona...but didn't that game allow you to skip the battles and focus on the alchemy segments?
It didn't really allow you to fully skip battles, but you could absolutely focus on alchemy and the battle system was pretty basic. It was also possible to rather easily (if your alchemy lvl was high enough) craft bombs that take out almost every encounter in the game in 1 shot.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Atelier Rorona set a high bar for me, how does Totori compare in terms of gameplay, storyline, character dynamic, musical score, graphics, and replayability?

A little off topic, but the UDON Atelier Artbook is awesome.

Tizoc

Durante said:
It didn't really allow you to fully skip battles, but you could absolutely focus on alchemy and the battle system was pretty basic. It was also possible to rather easily (if your alchemy lvl was high enough) craft bombs that take out almost every encounter in the game in 1 shot.
Hmm I dunno that doesn't appeal to me much ^_^;
I'll try to rent Rorona though and see if I like it...

Ravage

Einbroch said:
Haven't played an Atelier game since the PS2 days...are they still good? I remember liking it until I lost my disk. Then for some reason my opinion of it went down.

Rorona was really good and Totori is supposedly much better.

Hcoregamer00 said:
I love Atelier Rorona's cheerful storyline, great cast of characters, incredible soundtrack, and addicting alchemy gameplay. In a hobby surrounded by emo, depressing characters, and testosterone up the wazoo, this game is a breath of fresh air.

This game, and any Atelier/Gust game is mine on day one :)

This*1000 :) You will realise the depth in the alchemy the moment you start crafting the best possible gear for your party. Merging/cancelling traits, controlling the quality of ingots/cloth to unlock the right bonuses, choosing the perfect traits to fit the 5 slot limit, etc...i had so much fun experimenting with the alchemy system.

Top Bottom