• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLayStation VR listed on three swiss site for price between 450€-500€

I'm still betting on $399. They said it would be the price of a console about, so I really don't see them making it more expensive than the PS4 was at launch

Consumer

I won't be buying PSVR until many months down the line, so I'm Ok with this (if true).

For the record, I reckon PSVR will be in the ballpark (lol) of $400 CAD, $350 USD.

Wallach

Three hundred bucks ain't happening dudes. I expect them to come in pretty close to the Rift, but include Move controllers.

xlf4q.jpg

IMO, I think it'll be somewhere between $400 - $450.

kensama

The Rift was also 499.- on several Swiss sites before the offical price was announced, so this is useless

But here we talked about preorder price and possibility.
And those site can't get up with price if PS VR is above price listed here.

BrunoM

The price thay will move units in larger numbers ? 299 ..

The price I think we will be seeing tho 399 to 499 with 2 moves and a few downloadable demos for it

I hope Sony announces the price soon so we stop having these bullshit threads, with people 'calling' the same price points over and over again.

Way too high. Sony has to hit $299.
Wow, yeah.... It will be $299 in a few years. Regarding the price listing, I see $499 being realistic. As much money as Sony is earning off their PS4 ecosystem they still are in no position to bleed money on VR. I'm not sure if they can break even at $399 but then again I don't know the pricing of the tech parts they're using and how that all works out. I am sure that they're not going to sell it at a loss. $499 w/ a game and the Move controller setup is going to be my guess. Key point to remember was when Shu said they weren't going to profit off this thing and normally you would say that to justify your pricing which tells me, it ain't going to be cheap.

I'm still betting on $399. They said it would be the price of a console about, so I really don't see them making it more expensive than the PS4 was at launch

The PS3, a console sold by Sony, launched at $499 and $599. And 450-500 is "about" 399, depending on how you look at it...

I'm betting €399/£350, dropping to €299/£250 for Christmas, along with a €599/£500 bundle with a PS4, some games and all the other stuff it'll require.

As long as it's cheaper than the PC headsets, that's all it needs for an edge with early adopters, but come the Christmas rush and its bargain hunters, then it'll need to be as cheap as it can be to get some market penetration.

RiverKwai

It wouldn't be a PSVR thread without someone trotting out the old "Sony said they are going to price this the same as a console" meme.
(They didn't say that, by the way)

Preorders are always high, because if they set the price low and the price turns out higher, the site will lose out. Easier for them to pick a high number and then reduce it when they have the real price.
We've known this since the dawn of internet shopping, but here we are in 2016 with a thread about a preorder price....

pelican

It is going to be a hard sell to market a peripheral which is more expensive than the console required to run it.

Rift/Valve do not have this problem. Sony do.

Anyone who says "too expensive" need to understand - this isn't being targeted towards you.
Exactly. This is an enthusiast product, at least for now, being targeted at the enthusiast market. This is for those million or two people who camped out in the snow to get their PS4 on day one. The technology just has not matured to the point where they can get it out to the mass market. I mean, they're still trying to figure out how to make games for the damn thing.

pelican

Exactly. This is an enthusiast product, at least for now, being targeted at the enthusiast market. This is for those million or two people who camped out in the snow to get their PS4 on day one. The technology just has not matured to the point where they can get it out to the mass market. I mean, they're still trying to figure out how to make games for the damn thing.

Yes. And this is how the software developers/publishers will also treat it without an established install base. For this to build any traction someone has to make a leap of faith or to take a hit. If Sony price the PSVR headset too high it is dead after the enthusiasts buy it.

At that price point it isn't for the 1-2m people who camped out for a PS4.

I think Sony knocks it out the park at $299. $399 is what I expect and anything over is DOA. At $299 they can have one of those PS4 price announcement moments.

I would imagine if they go $299 they also have a bundle including a PS4, PSVR, 2 Moves, DS4, camera and game for the "price of the rift" $599. I think that could be huge.

Top Bottom