• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Crysis 3 screenshots

Nibel

Mock if old

OvQSx.jpg

Bu8ud.jpg

Glmal.jpg

bdOnD.jpg

Makes yo current gen console scream in the inside!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
oh god there's a battlefield 3 style dirt filter over the screen

fuck that better not be in the game

please

So they added a bit of Crysis 1 in Crysis 2. Combo looks great, especially 2nd pic, if that is what you see with the Hud on, wow.

Xyber

Please, remove that fucking filter over the screen. I don't have a giant lens in front of my character.

Developers STOP USING AWFUL FUCKING FILTERS. This shit uniformly always looks awful, DEX:HR and RE5 in particular looked orders of magnitudes better filter-less.

Antagon

Seems like there is way too much going on in the screenshots between the insane amount of geometry, high res textures, god rays, dirt filter, etc. It looks good, but also quite messy. I have a feeling that it's going to be hard to see what's going on.

Ryoku

oh god there's a battlefield 3 style dirt filter over the screen

fuck that better not be in the game

please

It is.

Check out some gameplay here: http://youtu.be/bCBCiBDQMmM?t=7m29s

You have to remember, though, that you're wearing the Nanosuit, which has a lens over your face. Battlefield 3 soliders did not. I don't know why they put it in that game, but it makes sense in Crysis. Not a fan of it, but doesn't really bother me, either.

The screenshots are edited, but I don't doubt that I can't get the game to look extremely close to those with the addition of mods, if it doesn't already look like.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You have to remember, though, that you're wearing the Nanosuit, which has a lens over your face. Battlefield 3 soliders did not. I don't know why they put it in that game, but it makes sense in Crysis. Not a fan of it, but doesn't really bother me, either.

I hope it gets modded out asap because fuck that shit regardless of whether or not it 'makes sense'.

Antagon

Dirt filter is stupid. They can build a suit so advanced that it makes you invisible, but they can't keep the visor clean?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Looking great.

Can't for the life of me understand the hate and vitriol for crysis 2.

Battlefield 3 overdid the dirty goggles effect, if they don't do it that bad and don't use lens flare effects in a first person game it's probably acceptable. They should do it like Duke Nukem Forever (you can see broken sunglasses when you die) or Metroid Prime (face briefly reflects in the helmet in certain lighting conditions)

Top Bottom