• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises (Batman 3) - No Riddler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

Expendable. said:
full article up:

Nolan: ‘Dark Knight Rises’ finds the future in IMAX, not 3D http://lat.ms/9KGFOv
THANK YOU NOLAN. For god's sake, I'm tired of 3D. I'm getting screwed over since my eyes can't see the 3D effect (the optometrist told me this) and having to wear an extra pair of glasses on theaters is the worst thing ever.

jett

D-Member
Deadly said:
THANK YOU NOLAN. For god's sake, I'm tired of 3D. I'm getting screwed over since my eyes can't see the 3D effect (the optometrist told me this) and having to wear an extra pair of glasses on theaters is the worst thing ever.

I don't understand these THANK YOU NOLAN YOU TWO-DEE SAVIOR YOU posts. I've yet to see a 3D movie that was released exclusively in 3D, what's stopping you from watching them in a 2D screen?

I bet Chris will dabble in the 3Dness one day, he's reasoning for not shooting TDKR in 3D has nothing to do with trying to paint himself as a 2D crusader.

Pizza Luigi said:
the-music-meister_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

This is the true answer. But we need Prince to write the music:D

Deadly

jett said:
I don't understand these THANK YOU NOLAN YOU TWO-DEE SAVIOR YOU posts. I've yet to see a 3D movie that was released exclusively in 3D, what's stopping you from watching them in a 2D screen?

I bet Chris will dabble in the 3Dness one day, he's reasoning for not shooting TDKR in 3D has nothing to do with trying to paint himself as a 2D crusader.
They might not be exclusively 3D where you live.

jett said:

nolan's giving 3D the middle finger

deal w/ it

I hope that's not the final name. I liked them changing the name up from Batman Begins to The Dark Knight. Was hoping for some similar name change.

LM4sure

Banned
evilromero said:
I hope that's not the final name. I liked them changing the name up from Batman Begins to The Dark Knight. Was hoping for some similar name change.

Makes sense to keep TDK in the title. TDK night did a lot more business than BB so they want the audience to know that it's a sequel to TDK.

Dead

well not really...yet
Nolan should learn how to properly shoot action before stepping into 3D.

The Snow Fortress action from Inception in 3D?

I think I just puked.

G-Fex

Veidt said:
Nothing is better than Batman Forever.

It's the Batman...of the Forever!

It was really fitting with the trailer monologue.

"Courage...Now. Truth....Always. Batman...FOREVER."

I love that movie. So fun.

No real hype for this movie though.

hamchan

Solo said:
Scorsese, Spielberg and Cameron can handle 3D but Nolan can't cope.

Deal with it.
Or maybe Nolan just thinks 3D is shit like the rest of us. Who knows what goes through the man's head? Oh well, continue arguing.

richisawesome said:
indiana jones and the crystal skull, of course

lol

yes, let us dismiss a director's entire repertoire because we got so butthurt over one flick.

Scorsese did, recently, The Departed and Shutter Island-- both of which are fuck-awesome movies.

jett

D-Member
I loved all of the action scenes in Inception and in TDK. Don't understand what are some people's hang-ups with them.

G-Fex said:
It was really fitting with the trailer monologue.

"Courage...Now. Truth....Always. Batman...FOREVER."

I love that movie. So fun.

No real hype for this movie though.

You just dun goofed.

Blader

brandonh83 said:
yes, let us dismiss a director's entire repertoire because we got so butthurt over one flick.

Crystal Skull is shitty enough to be a huge blemish on Spielberg's record.

either way, the only truly great film Spielberg has made in the last 10 years was Munich (possibly sans Catch Me If You Can, which I still haven't seen yet).

Blader5489 said:
Crystal Skull is shitty enough to be a huge blemish on Spielberg's record.

dat hyperbole

and pretty sure Minority Report and A.I. came out in the last 10 years, both of which were fantastic. Minority Report being one of my favorites of his.

brandonh83 said:
Scorsese did, recently, The Departed and Shutter Island-- both of which are fuck-awesome movies.

eh, i like those films so maybe my judgement was harsh but his "3D" movie sounds like some kiddy speilberg bullshit

G-Fex

jett said:
I loved all of the action scenes in Inception and in TDK. Don't understand what are some people's hang-ups with them.

You just dun goofed.

I uh...sigh. TDK isn't a bad movie but I...nevermind. I'll leave.

Solo

brianjones said:
eh, i like those films so maybe my judgement was harsh but his "3D" movie sounds like some kiddy speilberg bullshit

Seeing as "some kiddy Spielberg bullshit" gave me ET, Indiana Jones, Jaws, etc. in my formative years, one can only hope!

Dead

well not really...yet
jett said:
I love action scenes where all the characters are wearing the same clothing. The best part is when you don't know who the fuck is shooting who. That pretty much sums up the Snow action scenes in Inception.

The action in Inception is 90% Hans Zimmers Score, and 10% whatever the hell Nolan is trying to do on screen.

Blader

brandonh83 said:
dat hyperbole

It's not hyperbole. Crystal Skull is an awful movie from any way you look at it, and the fact that it was made by someone like Spielberg makes it sting even worse.

Raiders is the only good movie in that series anyway.

and pretty sure Minority Report and A.I. came out in the last 10 years, both of which were fantastic. Minority Report being one of my favorites of his.

Minority Report is alright. AI is garbage.

brianjones said:
what have any of those 3 directors done worthwhile recently?

lol, nothing

The Departed was entertaining, but yeah Scorcese's last few films can go to hell.

Spielberg's last great film was in 2001 (?) with Minority Report

James Cameron.....I don't want to talk about him right now :lol. So you got a point. But come on brah, you can't say Nolan is as accomplished as any of these in his filmmaking. Even Cameron is above him at the moment in terms of direction. He had some bright spots with some scenes in Inception though. But yeah he's another director who should start being kept away from his scripts.

As for 3D. That's one thing I'm happy with Nolan for. I'm glad he isn't backing this bullshit. And face it guys. Scorcese won't be filming Silence in 3D lol. It's still a gimmicky format and he's only applying it because his latest is a kid's film.

Scarecrow

brandonh83 said:

would they have been better in 3D?

Discotheque said:
. But come on brah, you can't say Nolan is as accomplished as any of these in his filmmaking. Even Cameron is above him at the moment in terms of direction.

well, nolan is only 40 :D

cameron's last 2 films may have been huge financial successes but they're also some of his worst imo.

Dead

well not really...yet
Blader5489 said:
It's not hyperbole. Crystal Skull is an awful movie from any way you look at it, and the fact that it was made by someone like Spielberg makes it sting even worse.

Raiders is the only good movie in that series anyway.

Minority Report is alright. AI is garbage.
Screw that. Both Minority Report and AI are better than Nolan's entire filmography. (well actually I'd rank Prestige slightly higher than Minority Report)

minority report starts off beautifully but then crumbles towards the end

but i guess people have a similar beef with inception so i dunno.. or was it the other way around?

brianjones said:
minority report starts off beautifully but then crumbles towards the end

but i guess people have a similar beef with inception so i dunno.. or was it the other way around?

It's the other way around for Inception!!!

Dead

well not really...yet
Minority Report is similar to Inception in that both have "Were They/Weren't They" sort of endings. Difference is that unlike Inception, Minority Report is a movie with different outcomes that you can personally choose to believe, where both logically make sense based on whats presented in the movie.

Blader

Dead said:
Minority Report is similar to Inception in that both have "Were They/Weren't They" sort of endings. Difference is that unlike Inception, Minority Report is a movie with different outcomes that you can personally choose to believe, where both logically make sense based on whats presented in the movie.

Minority Report does not have that kind of ending. The idea of it
all being in his head
is just a theory thrown out by people who understandably want to rationalize the film's shitty ending. Nothing about the way Minority Report ends suggests the same kind of ambiguity that Inception's does.

Batman%205%2014%20black-mask-1.jpg

or bust.

Blader5489 said:
all being in his head
is just a theory thrown out by people who understandably want to rationalize the film's shitty ending. Nothing about the way Minority Report ends suggests the same kind of ambiguity that Inception's does.

I didn't think inception's ending was ambiguous.
he was happy and really, thats all that mattered

also:
the top was wobbling and was about to fall down!!!1!1
:p

Dead

well not really...yet
Blader5489 said:
all being in his head
Its up to personal choice. Opinion is based on what the film presents. Youre simply to choosing to ignore it.

Inception only presents an illusion of ambiguity. There isn't any other logical outcome than the most obvious one.

Puddles

Banned
You know, while it's true that the first two movies were a pretty realistic take on Batman (as realistic as Batman can be anyway), I always assumed that eventually they would have to bring some of the freaks into the series. They would just need to ease them in slowly.

I don't get why people are so up in arms about a happy ending. I guess some people consider it more mature when things end in a depressing way COZ THAT LIKE REAL LIFE DOOD.

I liked Minority Report's ending. It wasn't sappy, it wasn't even cheery, but it was just a 'moving forward' ending. I also liked that Agatha got out.

Minority Report is also better science fiction than Inception imo. Especially since Inception doesn't really care to explain the actual science behind its ideas, but rather only talks about the ideas themselves.

Minority Report is just a much smarter movie imo. Yes, this was also part of the conversation I had the other night.

Blader

Dead said:
Its up to personal choice. Opinion is based on what the film presents. Youre simply to choosing to ignore it.

Inception only presents an illusion of ambiguity. There isn't any other logical outcome than the most obvious one.

And how are you not doing the same with Inception?

With Inception's ending,
you can believe he made it out or believe he didn't. The fact that we don't see the top fall allows either choice to be made, and the film won't contradict whatever choice you make.

Minority Report's ending is definitive. There's nothing in it to suggest otherwise, it's just a fan theory that people *want* to be the true ending.

AniHawk

I wonder if they could've plucked the title from The Dark Knight Returns instead. Hunt the Dark Knight or The Dark Knight Triumphant.

Amir0x said:
Interesting. Title speaks to redemption and so unlikely Nolan will take Bats deeper into hell and to his ultimate destruction

Absolutely no way this was happening with this movie. This will be about Batman finally accepting that there's no moving on, seeing the return to the Batcave in the new mansion, and basically becoming a hero on a never-ending mission.

The Dark Knight Returns is sorta about that. I think it could happen in movie-form, without Bale or anyone attached to the trilogy, and soonish as well.

Dead

well not really...yet
Scullibundo said:
I don't get why people are so up in arms about a happy ending. I guess some people consider it more mature when things end in a depressing way COZ THAT LIKE REAL LIFE DOOD.

I liked Minority Report's ending. It wasn't sappy, it wasn't even cheery, but it was just a 'moving forward' ending. I also liked that Agatha got out.

Minority Report is also better science fiction than Inception imo. Especially since Inception doesn't really care to explain the actual science behind its ideas, but rather only talks about the ideas themselves.

Minority Report is just a much smarter movie imo. Yes, this was also part of the conversation I had the other night.
Minority Report is the kind of movie that Inception dreams it can be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom