• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Emotions said:
What , where?
post post post.

ssbmelee.jpg

Scrow said:
:(

seriously though, it isn't going to look all that different from SSBM.

I can't imagine it will look much different. Unless they've been toying with it for a long time, I can't see how the Wiimote could work with this alone. It needs the shell. And it needs online. Enough said.

FightyF

Banned
All I have to say is that if most major devs will support the Wii in the same fashion Ubisoft is...the console is obviously a must buy.

It sounds like EA is following suite...and SEGA/Konami to a lesser extent. As long as they can release a solid title every year, the console has accomplished more than the GC.

Emotions

Fight for Freeform said:
All I have to say is that if most major devs will support the Wii in the same fashion Ubisoft is...the console is obviously a must buy.

It sounds like EA is following suite...and SEGA/Konami to a lesser extent. As long as they can release a solid title every year, the console has accomplished more than the GC.

"YAWN" bad troll
and Nintendo >>>>>> Sega

NeonZ

mckmas8808 said:

Meh. I'm sure SSBWii will look better than SSBM. Some character models (Like Mario's) might not get much improved, but overall the game should look clearly better.

SSBM's graphics suffered because they used many old N64 models, the Wii version probably won't suffer from that.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Jacobi said:
Umm, the enviroments looked really bad. There was definitely more possible even on the GC.
what i was trying to get at is a game with the kind of style SSBM has doesn't really fit with hyper-realistic types of graphics. I have little doubt that technically the next SSB will be several steps above SSBM, but it isn't going to actually look like a massive improvement. It's a case of style vs. technology.

TheKingsCrown said:
I can't see how the Wiimote could work with this alone. It needs the shell.
the shell? I seriously doubt they'll do that. The shell will be nothing but an afterthought for 1st party games. For Nintendo it's going to be all about the wiimote. The shell is only there for developers who don't want to make anything different.

TheKingsCrown said:
And it needs online. Enough said.
indeed.

Jacobi

Banned
Scrow said:
what i was trying to get at is a game with the kind of style SSBM has doesn't really fit with hyper-realistic types of graphics. I have little doubt that technically the next SSB will be several steps above SSBM, but it isn't going to actually look like a massive improvement. It's a case of style vs. technology.
Maybe there will be a change of style.

nintendo could always pull of a Wind Waker (also with Mario).

DrM said:
Hm, it must be. According to floorplan.

THQ is in south hall, near Microsoft booth

What if that middle space is where Wii will go? All I see is DS. Although I agree with your analysis.

Edit: Never mind it seems this was announced for PS3 previously?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Nickovic said:
I'm sick of this shit *shakes head in disbeleif*
Well now three cheers for chuckles...

photoshops are the best thing about gaf learn to love it or GTFO

catfish said:
Well now three cheers for chuckles...

photoshops are the best thing about gaf learn to love it or GTFO
Or just learn to tolerate it. When people like jarosh post rediculous shit like the above pic, it doesn't defend your statement too well.

Top Bottom