• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganado

Wait, we're not in community?? :O
New year, new meta kid.
After surviving another Steam sale, I tried a bunch of new games.

Long story short, my fiancee (a non-gamer) had a blast last night playing Overcooked co-op with me.
She laugh so hard, tears came out.

It was a great time!

Overcooked is a ton of fun! :D
I would kill for online Overcooked. I know that it is much harder to get it working online, but wouldn't 4 copies of a game sold be better than 4 players sharing on one copy?

One of the sleeper hits of 2017

BELOW_COVER_L.jpg

Is that actually going to come out?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 23 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ARK BOX Unlimited -- MB-9CF4E8887F3E7C8B - Taken by ThirtyFour. 5 entrants total.
Apokalypsis -- MB-97E5FF5597B89776 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
D/Generation HD -- MB-9E7BC24580A58A1A - Taken by KainXVIII. 6 entrants total.
Daily Chthonicle: Editor's Edition -- MB-A362F975F37552C8 - Taken by Costa1774. 5 entrants total.
Deep Space Dash -- MB-A8A5B28ED35F0A76 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Defense Technica -- MB-BC6D44A80CBE7D17 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Defense of Egypt Cleopatra Mission -- MB-F59A2300866D17FC
Disgraced -- MB-F324F0A565481F00 - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
Foul Play -- MB-15D8EABA7850F97F - Taken by WinterDemons. 6 entrants total.
Hade -- MB-98A360A3539AB7D6 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Krampus -- MB-8676E4F16A98D4EF - Taken by longlivegaming. 1 entrants total.
Mimic Arena -- MB-AC761EBD803238D9 - Taken by titch. 4 entrants total.
Mirrored - Chapter 1 -- MB-65BE9093BF867F03 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 1 entrants total.
Orange Moon -- MB-52906675E0592F71 - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.
PHAT STACKS -- MB-D12AF5A58DD2077B - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Rijn the Specpyre in... manor of the Damned! -- MB-E5258D0D2649EC29 - Taken by bobnowhere. 3 entrants total.
Runestone Keeper -- MB-CD05A8D90345096B - Taken by TheTrain. 1 entrants total.
Runeyana -- MB-5D6B17F2DF4EFD0C - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.
SAMOLIOTIK -- MB-FF639BFCDCC63CBF - Taken by PaulSane. 1 entrants total.
Space Warp -- MB-E489A98861371F35 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
The Adventures of Tree -- MB-47EFC0D425C0EAC2
Tiny Guardians -- MB-F5CA1E17E5F28A70 - Taken by Anno. 2 entrants total.
Zolg -- MB-8603198CCC024302 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.

t1483405305z1.png

Tizoc

PRAISE BE TO CROM, CHIEFEST AND GRANDEST OF ALL GODS!
qVdYZvS.jpg

HAIL TO LORD GABEN, MAY HIS JOYOUS GIRTH AND RIGHTEOUS RULE OVER STEAM BE ETERNAL
2268711.jpg

HAIL TO FAIR LADY RONAN MAY HER SMILE AND GRACE STRENGTHEN THEE AS THY BACKLOG IS CLEARED!
rTjMxNw.jpg

NOW STEAMGAF ONCE AGAIN SEEKS AND FACES THE RIDDLE OF STEEL!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

t1cxE6r.gif
Rambo The Video Game: Baker Team -- MB-DACB0EDAC5E3368A - Taken by PetriP-TNT. 9 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura -- MB-70816686DF3DAB8C - Taken by Last Baron. 15 entrants total.
Castle of Illusion -- MB-0036DB50AB107CAA - Taken by Nzyme32. 21 entrants total.
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara -- MB-0D29D94426AF5CC2 - Taken by Kudo. 18 entrants total.
Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned -- MB-FAC09E3F20E8EEF6 - Taken by Tall4Life. 2 entrants total.
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father -- MB-5C5B4EBF1220D085 - Taken by GAMEPROFF. 4 entrants total.
Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106 -- MB-09578A30A09598C1 - Taken by dave is ok. 12 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Kathy Rain -- MB-F8AC54E95BDD8E70 - Taken by Large Professor. 20 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Kero Blaster -- MB-301FA855B6E2C7D3 - Taken by KenOD. 26 entrants total.
King's Quest 1-7 -- MB-7B638B833A0F970A - Taken by alr1ght. 7 entrants total.
King's Quest Complete Collection -- MB-3EAE27C958AF29B8 - Taken by Teppic. 25 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock 2 -- MB-D8960334FEEB1789 - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 11 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-5770D48B0B265C70 - Taken by oipic. 8 entrants total.
Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-B5A54F9CDA709764 - Taken by Regginator. 6 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Paint it back -- MB-4194BD62B1794CED - Taken by Hero Prinny. 23 entrants total.
Quest for Glory 1-5 -- MB-DFDF668B9C71D135 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack -- MB-248B3A4508B35C0B - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.
Technobabylon -- MB-759209846C16BB54 - Taken by Costa1774. 8 entrants total.
The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight Mystery -- MB-0717911A89BED567 - Taken by alr1ght. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Transformers: Devastation -- MB-D0962441933D8E0D - Taken by fspm. 41 entrants total.
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late -- MB-3B54EC7C8F62D439 - Taken by Ludens. 31 entrants total.
Velocity 2X -- MB-2740C211E18FB98B - Taken by ramoisdead. 18 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Xanadu Next -- MB-DD94A9BA2147FA6B - Taken by Loptous. 61 entrants total.
ibb & obb -- MB-D47128D33066F1CB - Taken by Madn. 5 entrants total.

t1483480999z1.png

Platy

If anyone feels they didn't get enough games during the sale, have at it.

qVdYZvS.jpg

HAIL TO LORD GABEN, MAY HIS JOYOUS GIRTH AND RIGHTEOUS RULE OVER STEAM BE ETERNAL
2268711.jpg

HAIL TO FAIR LADY RONAN MAY HER SMILE AND GRACE STRENGTHEN THEE AS THY BACKLOG IS CLEARED!
rTjMxNw.jpg

Wow !

Great giveaway, guys !

I am specialy quoting you two because you both have like 2 games that I ALMOST bought this sale but ended up saying "nah maybe another day" xD

As I do every sale I was feeling the need to buy more even though I'd bought too much. Luckily real life distracted me until after the sale ended.

Grief.exe

Is that actually going to come out?

Of course! I think it's clear Capy bit off more than they could chew last year for a small studio.

Is there any set date? Hopefully soon, can't wait to try it out! Also nice to hear Jim guthrie again.

No set date yet.

qVdYZvS.jpg

2268711.jpg

rTjMxNw.jpg

Great giveaway, I don't need anything so I'm going to pass on entering.

Tizoc

Of course!

No set date yet.

Great giveaway, I don't need anything so I'm going to pass on entering.

Could I at least get a 'PRAISE CROM!'?

Gotta tell you though Grief, I've got a good feeling about 2017. The BELIEF is strong mang.

Awesome giveaways guys! You lot need those "hot" flames next to your names!:D

I need only the blessings of Crom \m/
Good luck if you entered any of the games mate~

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Arma 3 on an older engine? Or just really well optimized? I am shocked that it runs so well on my laptop. Low to mid settings, but still, I also got Squad since I needed to scratch that tactical shooter itch and Squad could barely run for my specs. Probably because it's UE4.

ARMA 3 marked the debut of Bohemia's Real Virtuality 4 engine, but the game was one of the first Early Access titles on Steam and has been publicly playable for almost four years now, so Bohemia had quite a lot of "pre-release" system configuration data to work with.

Ascheroth

The House in Fata Morgana

To put it short, this has basically cemented itself as my GOTY. I'm signing up for the House in Fata Morgana SteamGAF shill-club as well as of this moment.

I've used this picture once before during my chapter expressions, but it really describes the game quite well.

I've teared up a number of times, I've felt anger, pity, hope, shock, some happiness and a number of other emotions on this unpredictable, endlessly twisting roller-coaster ride of amazingness.
I genuinely think this is one of the best and most emotional stories I've ever seen unfolding.
It's brilliant.

Chapter impressions for completions sake
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VII

what do you mean? have you played it and it's bad?

I thought you owned it on steam

I played the demo and didn't like it. And yes, a friend gifted it to me as an early birthday present, so I really want it to be good (for me, it will probably be good for others, but I'm not a fan of that particular style of horror games)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Paint it Back isnt healthy. Dont enter for it.

shockdude

UNIEL oh boy.
I was one post short in the Winter Sale thread so I'll be sitting this one out, but good luck to everyone else!

JCG

I never got confirmation on my GAMEPUMP purchase other than Paypal's, but apparently that's normal.

Mivey

Is Below even a real game? At this point, I'm assuming it was just a joke that got out of hand, and now Capybara Games is too embarrassed to admit it.

Grief.exe

Is Below even a real game? At this point, I'm assuming it was just a joke that got out of hand, and now Capybara Games is too embarrassed to admit it.

They frequently show off gameplay videos, but it looks like they bit off more than they could chew last year.

Teggy

The House in Fata Morgana

Are these two ladies "close" or are they just drawn strangely overlapped?

I wish they would just release popular visual novels as books because I can't deal with the one sentence per page thing. The only VNs I've liked were Analogue and Hate Plus because you could read a lot of the text together. I played Cinders to a couple of endings but got very tired of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom