• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animals you want as Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.
But either its against the Law, its to expensive or for other reasons.

For me its the Red Panda. By god I want two of these guys.
OujXUtN.jpg

JDsYYnT.jpg

WBtYs91.jpg
They are the cutest animals on the planet.

What about you guys, what animal do you guys want as a pet?

I just want a cat.

Otherwise, I'd have a lizard from the amazon or something - I just don't think I'd be able to simulate it's environment well enough to have one.

J-Rod

A lot, but I guess the only one I've considered seriously is a fox. The only domestic variety is thousands of dollars, and I imagine it would make my homeowners insurance go up like crazy, so no go.

slider

A human *adjusts monocle*.

Hmm, can't think of anything that could provide more than my dog. The more I think about it the more unusual the question seems.

An honest to god wolf. Just one that won't kill me to become the Alpha the first time I catch the flu.

I knew some people who had one as a pet; pretty sure it was full wolf and not a wolf-dog mix. When I met it, it seemed pretty calm and I pet it on the head for about a minute without any fuss. A few minutes later, the owners told me it didn't like being petted. I kept my distance from the wolf at that point.

Herne

Perry Bible Fellowship always deserves a quote. Love that comic.

Also, a fox, as has been posted, would be another I'd like.

Dave Inc. said:
An honest to god wolf. Just one that won't kill me to become the Alpha the first time I catch the flu.

You should watch Dogs Decoded. One fascinating experiment was where wolf cubs were brought up as puppies, given the same loving care and attention.

Philia

I want Tard aka Grumpy Cat

They're not that hard to breed... just mate them with their brother or/and sister and you'll have good chance of a retarded set of cats. She's called Tard for a reason. And no I won't believe its after the tarter sauce.

And to the OP, at this moment, I want a groundhog. I don't know why. I see them daily around here and they're adorable big bag of fuzziness. They're just bigger than rabbits but without the ears.

groundhog-day.jpg

Smellycat

Wow, I came in this thread to say Red Panda, and the OP already beat me. lol

I would get one if it wasn't for the fact that they are now endangered because of their cuteness. :\

And I also want a tiger.

Trin

Was gonna say Serval. Beautiful animal, I hope to have one someday.

That or a Savannah cat, which is easier to take care of.

Yeah, although they're both a handful. Most places are a little less strict with laws about owning a Savannah too. Third choice would be a Bengal :)

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I really want an owl but they're illegal to have as pets here ;_;

What if you got an owl box? An owl will come to live with you and you can point at it and say "that's my pet owl." And then if the feds come just say hey man I don't control him he just showed up in my owl box one day.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When I was a kid, I'd say that when I won Lotto I'd have a giant freezer commissioned wherein I could keep penguins and polar bears.

What if you got an owl box? An owl will come to live with you and you can point at it and say "that's my pet owl." And then if the feds come just say hey man I don't control him he just showed up in my owl box one day.

I live on the beach in a city, it'd look pretty stupid if I had one haha :D

My cats would probably eat it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom