• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2011

Murrah

Banned
Loving VVVVVV; feel pretty dumb now having never bought the PC version despite loving the demo, but whatever, now I get to experience it new during eShop revolution

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Not happening. Binding of Isaac 3D is a possibility though.

It's possible. Only reason the WiiWare version (you know, the one it was first announced for) didn't happen is size constraints. Some demos on the eShop right now are more than 330 megabytes. They could make it work.

It's possible. Only reason the WiiWare version (you know, the one it was first announced for) didn't happen is size constraints. Some demos on the eShop right now are more than 330 megabytes. They could make it work.

Edmund has said no to the idea of it:

http://www.formspring.me/edmundm
Do you ever plan on putting Super Meat Boy on the 3DS?
someone asked 3 weeks ago

edmund mcmillen EdmundM
no

Do you plan to ever release Binding of Isaac on the 3DS (I know, very small chance, but seeing as the 3D works pretty well from above, I think it would be pretty damn cool... + BoI is just a super awesome game)?
MonkehNL asked 2 weeks ago

edmund mcmillen EdmundM
A publisher i know is currently asking nintendo if they woudl be ok with isaac on the 3ds, if they say yes then ill had the game off to them and let them port it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I get the feeling Team Meat are done with Meat Boy.

watershed

Banned
I've never played VVVVVV before but it does look interesting. Does the game not display in widescreen? How many hours of gameplay can one expect to get out of it? I recall someone talking about custom levels, is that using QR codes or something?

For reference I didn't purchase Mighty Switch Force because approx. 3 hours of gameplay is too short for me and I'm not very interested in speed runs.

VVVVVV is a very short game, but also a very good one. Even if you don't like to replay games I would recommend the PC version, which is currently on sale on Steam.

OnPoint

I get the feeling Team Meat are done with Meat Boy.

Haven't they said as much?

I've never played VVVVVV before but it does look interesting. Does the game not display in widescreen? How many hours of gameplay can one expect to get out of it? I recall someone talking about custom levels, is that using QR codes or something?

For reference I didn't purchase Mighty Switch Force because approx. 3 hours of gameplay is too short for me and I'm not very interested in speed runs.

Three hours? Who lied to you?

reganomicspeoplelaughing.jpg

I guess if you took your time and died a bunch you could get three.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Since I've never played VVVVVV, I'm going to get it when it's up. It looks like a fun game and portability is probably worth the extra bucks.
I would agree if it wasn't currently on sale on Steam and you were only comparing the regular prices (Steam = $4.99 vs eShop = $7.99). Saying all that, it's currently $1.24 on Steam and that difference is huge.

BooJoh

Three hours? Who lied to you?

reganomicspeoplelaughing.jpg

I guess if you took your time and died a bunch you could get three.

It took me about two hours, without going for par. I could probably get another couple hours out of it going for par, but that's not my bag.

Epcott

I thought the new GBA releases would be in the 3DS eShop today (so I can get my Ambassador Loving)?

Bah! I want those games, damnit!

Thoraxes

Mighty Switch Force took up almost 1/4th of the space on the provided 4GB SD card.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
yeah it's total garbage worse release in a long time i can't believe nintendo even lets FLASH developers on their service UN BE LIE VA BLE

This is ruined by me knowing your real opinion on the game

Also, I too want to know about importing PC levels, so I shot Nicalis a tweet about it. We'll see if they respond.

Edmund has said no to the idea of it:

http://www.formspring.me/edmundm

Thats a shame, I'm sure I read somewhere that after they canned the Wiiware version that they were going to look into a 3DS version down the road. Was really holding out for that, oh well looks like I'll need to go play the 360 or PC version then.

Like VVVVVV so far, the gameplay seems soo simple yet I can see myself getting hours of frustration out of it.

Yeah, VVVVVV for 3DS is not just the original game.

It has 18 Player Levels: 10 from the PC update, and 8 exclusive levels to this version. According to the Destructoid Review, they range to 1/10 to 1/2 the length of the main game.

Add in Time Trials and whatnot, and the game has more content than it may appear.

And apparently if it sells well, they should be able to update it with a Level Editor and Importer. For now, it is still a great game as always!

watershed

Banned
I just read on a certain Nintendo focused site that flip mode for VVVVV isn't working. You just get a pair of black screens. Can someone with the game confirm this? If this is true then that's all I need to know to hold off on a purchase for now.

I just read on a certain Nintendo focused site that flip mode for VVVVV isn't working. You just get a pair of black screens. Can someone with the game confirm this? If this is true then that's all I need to know to hold off on a purchase for now.

Just tried and yup two black screens. Sound works, start menu will come up but just black screens.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
VVVVVV is a flash game? I don't think so.

Anyways, wow. 8 dollars? No fucking thanks.

I overacted, I apologize.

EDIT: Oh, can't even do a strike out. :C
fixed.

Javier said:
Cake Ninja is a completely original creation, like Ricky Rouse and Monald Muck.

KuGsj.gif

Simpsons go with everything

Picked up Bionic Commando - almost bit on VVVVVV, still haven't played it, but can't justify it at that price when I can get it on Steam cheaper.

qq more

Yeah, VVVVVV for 3DS is not just the original game.

It has 18 Player Levels: 10 from the PC update, and 8 exclusive levels to this version. According to the Destructoid Review, they range to 1/10 to 1/2 the length of the main game.

Add in Time Trials and whatnot, and the game has more content than it may appear.

And apparently if it sells well, they should be able to update it with a Level Editor and Importer. For now, it is still a great game as always!
Oh wow. This sounds amazing.

Javier

Been playing VVVVVV for about two hours and I've died like 60 times only on the main game. It's really fun, addictive and very well designed, but rage-inducing as fuck.

Wait, so you can't even import levels via SD slot like they said you'd be able to?

My guess is that implementing it was harder than it seemed. Perhaps Nintendo shot down the idea, and now they need to remake the level editor from scratch to allow importing to work out or something.

@MUWANdo

Banned
^^I don't doubt that for a second (and I particularly don't doubt that Nicalis found it tough, seeing as they struggle to port anything without screwing it up) but if it wasn't gonna be in the final product they should have said so before release, or just not mentioned it at all.

And? Verdict?

If you like the NES game you'll like the GB game. They look quite different but they play similarly.

Folders, Nintendo, FOLDERS!!!

I have 30+ icons on my 3DS, and it ain't pretty having no way to organize them without having to painstakingly drag them around everytime I get something new. :/

Top Bottom