• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking news: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD being localized

Famassu

2 hours and 50 minutes of Roxas' face and Jesse's voice.

And I think this means it might be coming by the end of the year.
Uhh... it will be released way earlier than that. If they are localizing it even before the Japanese release, I'd expect it to not take more than 1-3 months to be brought over. The only games that have taken any longer than that are ones that have had additions & re-balancing done to them (KH1 & BBS, basically).

Tiu Neo

Final Mix in english? Day one for me. Cannot wait for 2.5 too, I hope it has BbS HD.

relevant:

bEG3xH1.jpg

Great cover, would love if we got it to.

McCartney removed all of his pictures/tweets/videos relating to this leak. Oops.

It was a recording mic which a clear picture of a Days cutscene on a tv in the background

edit:

Jesse%20McCartney%20recording.jpg
Thanks!
Final Mix in english? Day one for me. Cannot wait for 2.5 too, I hope it has BbS HD.

Great cover, would love if we got it to.

I think BBS will be the 0.5 remix release

:p... I'm kidding but I hope I didn't give them any ideas o_O

Dr Dogg

Yeah you might think the cover looks sweet but wait until Sony Europe go stick their branding all over it.

Artistic impression obviously but you know it's going to look like this. Sorry for the bad shop but it is lunch time after all.

Yeah you might think the cover looks sweet but wait until Sony Europe go stick there branding all over it.

Artistic impression obviously but you know it's going to look like this. Sorry for the bad shop but it is lunch time after all.

Wow man, that is scary accurate.... Hope it doesn't turn out that way haha

I was actually expecting the past covers for the included in the collection to just be slapped on. Wasn't expecting another hand drawn Nomura cover, nice.

Narolf

Banned
Artwork is still not as good and detailed as this one.

KH remains best Nomura's work after Dissidia and Parasite Eve in my book. Wish he kept on providing such art for mainline FF entries.

Andrefpvs

I was actually expecting the past covers for the included in the collection to just be slapped on. Wasn't expecting another hand drawn Nomura cover, nice.

They seem to be treating this collection with a lot of care and respect, so I wasn't surprised we got a proper cover.

As much as I want to try out the final mix version of kingdom hearts, $30 is going to be the limit of what I will pay. The Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix additions aren't as extensive as Kingdom Heart 2's Final Mix.

peronmls

Only thing that I'm not excited for is the Texture color changes on the enemies. I absolutely hate it!!! The Guard Armor Color is Red, Blue White, and Yellow instead of Black and Purple.

KH1
312px-Guard_Armor_KH.png

KH1FM
Final_Mix_Guard_Armor.png

HATE IT!

fvng

Artwork is still not as good and detailed as this one.

KH remains best Nomura's work after Dissidia and Parasite Eve in my book. Wish he kept on providing such art for mainline FF entries.

There is nothing I want more than for Nomura to keep his hands off the FF series (RE:character design)

friz898

What if I wasn't too sure about how bad I wanted to day 1 this...and my thinking in list format was:

1. First KH game was BbS for PSP. Absolutely loved it. The fan service, aka Disney was "ok"...the story was "ya sure whatever" but the gameplay, leveling up, and etc were all perfect! Finished this game of course.

2. Figured DDD would be my second ever KH game. But as it neared, the trailers continued to do little for me. (maybe the story is not mature/serious enough for me? I have no clue) and then downloaded the demo, and wasn't sucked it at all. Zero. It's not even on a "to play eventually list"

3. But huge Square loyalist. Do enjoy Disney like any other American. And figure KH 1 will suck me into the series because it has the most Disney "original" stars like Mickey, Goofy, and Donald. Also it will be the beginning.

4. But worried...this is KH 1, and most likely the most simple of gameplay/mechanics/level and battle system of all the games, and that was why I finished BbS.

Can I get a few opinions GAF? This will be KH's last attempt for me, or I'll shut the door on the series. Which is painful since all Square has that I want is lacking release dates, or 100% localization confirmations at the moment. (BD:FF, DQ 7, DQ 10, FF 10, FF T-0).

(As a side question, why in the world did I love BbS, but not even looking to get DDD "eventually" on the want list? Did I not give DDD a fair chance, or is/was it lacking something that I picked up on, but can't put my finger on?)

Edit: For clarification, I was a major gamer NES-PS1, skipped PS2 thanks to Everquest, College, and real life in general. Returned to console gaming 2007. So this is why skipped KH1 the first time.

Only thing that I'm not excited for is the Texture color changes on the enemies. I absolutely hate it!!! The Guard Armor Color is Red, Blue White, and Yellow instead of Black and Purple.

KH1
312px-Guard_Armor_KH.png

KH1FM

HATE IT!

Maybe we'll get the ability to switch textures...probably not

Magnus

Man, I'm never going to agree with GAF on box covers. That one up there is terrible. Too busy, too messy, and Sora looks stupid on the cover, and not emblematic of his role in the game or anything the game's about.

IMO

I want him swinging/wielding the key blade. I want the logo to pop a lot more, and so should Square. It's totally lost in there.

What if I wasn't too sure about how bad I wanted to day 1 this...and my thinking in list format was:

1. First KH game was BbS for PSP. Absolutely loved it. The fan service, aka Disney was "ok"...the story was "ya sure whatever" but the gameplay, leveling up, and etc were all perfect! Finished this game of course.

2. Figured DDD would be my second ever KH game. But as it neared, the trailers continued to do little for me. (maybe the story is not mature/serious enough for me? I have no clue) and then downloaded the demo, and wasn't sucked it at all. Zero. It's not even on a "to play eventually list"

3. But huge Square loyalist. Do enjoy Disney like any other American. And figure KH 1 will suck me into the series because it has the most Disney "original" stars like Mickey, Goofy, and Donald. Also it will be the beginning.

4. But worried...this is KH 1, and most likely the most simple of gameplay/mechanics/level and battle system of all the games, and that was why I finished BbS.

Can I get a few opinions GAF? This will be KH's last attempt for me, or I'll shut the door on the series. Which is painful since all Square has that I want is lacking release dates, or 100% localization confirmations at the moment. (BD:FF, DQ 7, DQ 10, FF 10, FF T-0).

(As a side question, why in the world did I love BbS, but not even looking to get DDD "eventually" on the want list? Did I not give DDD a fair chance, or is/was it lacking something that I picked up on, but can't put my finger on?)

Edit: For clarification, I was a major gamer NES-PS1, skipped PS2 thanks to Everquest, College, and real life in general. Returned to console gaming 2007. So this is why skipped KH1 the first time.

1. Well done, BBS is amazing. The leveling is super deep and fun.
2. If you have a 3DS, give kh3d a try, it is deep and pretty cool. But...
4. Not before you play KH1... In fact, if you did them in order you'd be pleased I think. KH1 has a great story and great fan service. I guess you could say that the leveling system isn't as deep as BBS but that is because you don't have commands like BBS... The games get progressively deeper. However, that isn't to say KH1 isn't fun to level up in.

Ultimately I'd say try it. If you don't like it, then you probably shouldn't play the series as KH1 is the most defining and acclaimed title.

Word. I love my androgynous heroes, as well. Best character-designer ever.

Holy crap how did it take me this long to meet you?

KH1
312px-Guard_Armor_KH.png

KH1FM

HATE IT!

It's hit & miss for me. Guard Armor's color swap is terrible, whereas Phantom's...
KH1

Phantom.jpg

Final Mix

Phantom_Final_Mix.png

...is actually an improvement.

Wasn't the Japanese version confirmed to contain English voice-overs with Japanese text or Japanese voice-over with Japanese text. If this is the case, i highly doubt if we are going to see localization for this game.

Top Bottom