• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shining Armor And Fine Words... The Official NO MORE HEROES Thread

Whats the best way to get gold on the graffiti mission? Im so sick of walking everywhere losing tons of time.

Also, when swinging your sword in the baseball assasination mission, is it better to do a full swing or short super fast one?

Penguin

Gamer @ Heart said:
Whats the best way to get gold on the graffiti mission? Im so sick of walking everywhere losing tons of time.

Also, when swinging your sword in the baseball assasination mission, is it better to do a full swing or short super fast one?

Get the Dash ability.

goldenticket said:
where i have most of the problems is the room before it (this is on rank 7 level). the room before starts with two guys with guns and a guy with a sword. i can get to here with tons of power but by the time i get by this room im about to die. whats a good stragedy for playing on bitter facing multiple gun people? what happens is im blocking with z and the two gun guys are firing and different times so i have almost no opening to fight the guy with the sword. and when i try to slash him i usually get hit from the guns.

bump

Alts

goldenticket said:

Constantly move. If they stop you with their bullets, you're going to get stuck. Circle strafe. You will run faster than they will adjust their aim. Jump slash to knock some down, and then direct your attention to whoever is left standing. An alternative is to hide behind a pillar, charging your attack. Then peek out from behind the pillar and let go, mashing A. You should kill a few of them near instantly.

allreal

i also got stuck there. you can use the stairs and take out the sword guys one by one. i didn't use this but i noticed you could. fortunately after like the 3rd attempt i got lucky and hit more than one of those special roulette things.

love the game, but its pretty ugly. also hate the open world. they should have let you use the sword any time you want. driving sucks. travis and sylvia are awesome and i love the boss battles. and the dialogue is very cool and funny.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've beaten the game on Mild and Bitter and still haven't gotten a single 777.

I did notice when starting a new game with a friend that the blood berry gets a hell of a lot more of the special moves.

There is no way in hell I'm carrying that thing through the final levels. Fighting Jeane on bitter with the Blood Berry would take a month.

Karakand

A 1000 apologies if this has been ask and answered already but does anyone have any art of the guy that runs the Area 51 shop? :D

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Man God said:
I've beaten the game on Mild and Bitter and still haven't gotten a single 777.

Weird, when I played through Bitter I think I got a 777 almost once every mission, but never more than that. I wonder what happens if you get 777 three times, because one you get it once a 7 shows up in the bottom right of the screen.

Davidion

Just started playing last night and I'm already loving the game. The actual combat mechanic is excellent and feels really good to use, imo. Although, I can already see why people have the complaints that they do about traversing the city, as it is kind of crap and pointless, not to mention the bike doesn't really feel good to control.

Anyways, just finished my first assassination job and looking forward to more coming up.

wow, just put the game in and thought i was watching poor gamecube mpeg or something. then i moved travis with the analogue stick and realized it was the actual game engine.

i love this game, but the graphics are hurt. especially after watching the original NMH trailer in the living room.

ouch, imo

Enduin said:
Weird, when I played through Bitter I think I got a 777 almost once every mission, but never more than that. I wonder what happens if you get 777 three times, because one you get it once a 7 shows up in the bottom right of the screen.
If I remember correctly, the manual says you can have three of the 7 attacks in stock. So I doubt anything special happens besides getting a bigger reward at the end of a mission. But who knows, I've never hit 777 more than once in a mission.

NotWii

Banned
I'm rank #6 on Sweet
I wear the default getup except with the black shirt with fiery streaks at the bottom (shirt #067) and orange sunnies (glasses #002)
I want to get some of the shirts that Travis wears.

I'm loving this game, it's sort of like GTA lite, but oozing with style and fun.
I love the bass line in Travis' apartment and the Gym theme.

BTW, is there a trick to stunning bosses? Pressing 'B' rarely works...

Alts

Wii said:
I'm rank #6
I wear the default getup except with the black shirt with fiery streaks at the bottom (shirt #067) and orange sunnies (glasses #002)
I want to get some of the shirts that Travis wears.

I'm loving this game, it's sort of like GTA lite, but oozing with style and fun.
I love the bass line in Travis' apartment and the Gym theme.

BTW, is there a trick to stunning bosses? Pressing 'B' rarely works...

I found that if the boss is blocking your attacks, but that it doesn't disrupt the combo (as blocking usually does), then hitting B will stun them, making them prone to grapples. This condition doesn't happen too often, although I just finished Rank 3 on bitter, and it happened three times, so it isn't totally uncommon.

Occasionally, stars will appear above the boss in the middle of a combo, seemingly at random. There isn't any way i know of to influence this.

NotWii

Banned
Alts said:
I found that if the boss is blocking your attacks, but that it doesn't disrupt the combo (as blocking usually does), then hitting B will stun them, making them prone to grapples. This condition doesn't happen too often, although I just finished Rank 3 on bitter, and it happened three times, so it isn't totally uncommon.

Occasionally, stars will appear above the boss in the middle of a combo, seemingly at random. There isn't any way i know of to influence this.
Usually I throw in a quick jab with 'B' during an 'A' button combo when they shouldn't be able to block, but it only stuns them 2% of the time :/
I got this to happen 3x in Shinobu's fight, but it seems totally random

Yeah, sometimes they get stunned from 'A' button combos on their own, even more rare.

I just did Rank 7. I'm going through the game kind of slowly, but the fact that I'm not tired of the "repetitive" combat already just shows how solid it is. Seriously, it just never gets old and I can't understand why - it's just so visceral and satisfying.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
ok, guys, i just watched El Topo, and i must say, WOW. i saw many of the parallels to the game, but as a movie, it was really good as well. now for those of you who have seen it, it brings me to wonder if Suda will continue to use El Topo as a vague guide for the game.
for example, perhaps we will see the story of the young Jeane and perhaps her search to find and kill her father, like Hoji del Topo found El Topo to kill him for leaving him behind as he said in the movie. they could get a bit more serious with it, but at the same time all the more over the top, perhaps even, as i suggested prior, reflecting on the development of the Woman as the Man was apparently the focus of NMH.

Innotech

Banned
Scalpel Knight said:
I just did Rank 7. I'm going through the game kind of slowly, but the fact that I'm not tired of the "repetitive" combat already just shows how solid it is. Seriously, it just never gets old and I can't understand why - it's just so visceral and satisfying.
honestly I think Id get bored of it alot quicker if it was conventional control. I never liked beatemup action gamesl ike this (other than the humorous godhand) but the wii controls are implemented in a way that just feels RIGHT. taking a swipe with the controller just feels so visceral, so natural, that it immediately justifies its use in this game.

vertopci

Just beat the game with the real ending.

Such an awesome game.

Also WTF is up with
Sylvia popping up at the very end and saying something along the lines of "Too bad there isn't going to be a sequel. :lol

Eteric Rice

vertopci said:
Just beat the game with the real ending.

Such an awesome game.

Also WTF is up with
Sylvia popping up at the very end and saying something along the lines of "Too bad there isn't going to be a sequel. :lol

Hopefully she's wrong. :p

Alts

diablopanqueque said:
Where did you get the artwork for assassins 5,4,3, and 2?

Is there any artwork for assassin 1
or Jeane/Henry artwork?

Promo Art at that resolution (Holly actually had to be shrunk down because she was so large) was found on the developer blog. I don't have the URL I am afraid. I used a ftp-esque program to browse through all of the files hosted on the server, and sadly couldn't track down any artwork for Travis, Sylvia, or anyone else.
I especially want Jeane and Henry, but in all likelihood, promotional art of the final bosses doesn't exist

Tenbatsu

Alts said:
Promo Art at that resolution (Holly actually had to be shrunk down because she was so large) was found on the developer blog. I don't have the URL I am afraid. I used a ftp-esque program to browse through all of the files hosted on the server, and sadly couldn't track down any artwork for Travis, Sylvia, or anyone else.
I especially want Jeane and Henry, but in all likelihood, promotional art of the final bosses doesn't exist

Past issues of Famitsu seems to have the art of
'Dark Star'

Christine

Man,
Sir Henry Motherfucker
is a tough nut on bitter. I'm just not having any luck doing significant damage to him, and I can't evade perfectly forever.

ezekial45

Banned
TwinIonEngines said:
Man,
Sir Henry Motherfucker
is a tough nut on bitter. I'm just not having any luck doing significant damage to him, and I can't evade perfectly forever.

Did you buy the upgrade for the beam katana? That helps a little.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So I bought a copy after returning the gamefly rental after just an hour or so of playtime. I really didn't like it, but I'm going to give it another shot.

Go go travis.

Touchdown

Banned
Finally beat Shinobu!!! I'm playing it on mild, got lucky as she didn't do that crazy attack of hers at the end:lol Although much easier, I loved the whole Destroyman battle. Anyone else unlock the Destroyman t-shirt? I love this game!

I stupidly saved over my Bitter save file on #4 while I was showing it to my friends. I actually want to go through the awesome experience again for some reason :lol .

Artanisix

Alts said:

Sometimes the bosses will hold up their weapon for a short period of time. If you attack them in this stance they just block it, but you can actually guard break them and thusly stun them.

NotWii

Banned
sonicspear64 said:
Make sure you keep playing the game on harder difficulties because Sweet is for the casuals/girly-men :p.....
Of course!
And at least I didn't play it on Mild like a lot of the NANCIES in this thread :p

NotWii

Banned
goldenticket said:
when you start mild is the harder of the two options. nice avatar btw
What? Are you serious?!
But the description said: many hard men stand in your way
That implies that it's harder?!

Oh well, I'm going to replay it on Bitter when it's unlocked

NotWii

Banned
I just attempted a new game to see the difficulties and... turns out I've been playing on Mild all this time :D
WOOHOO! I'm no NANCY! :lol

Top Bottom