• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Agreed that the MCZ sticks need to be removed, though I wouldn't recommend the Crystal if you plan on playing on PC. In my brief time with it there seemed to be a lot of driver related issues.

It definitely needs an update. I made it to platinum a couple weeks ago, though I haven't really played ranked since so I don't know how fraudulent it is now.
Well, just the TE2+ & TES+. The OG TE2 works just fine.

I'm attempting to seriously learn Birdie right now but I'm struggling to decide on which button to keep held down for Bull Horn. MK seems ideal but by doing so I lose access to V-Skill which is kind of essential...

Bumpin' this again because I haven't been able to find a concrete answer. Most places suggest MK or HK but I use both of those buttons a lot.

Edzi

Play perfectly for 90% of the round and then lose if he gets one jump-in.

This sums up a lot of matchups in this game. I know people say Jump Fighter V as a joke, but it's pretty true. More often than not, you're rewarded for playing like a nut.

Bumpin' this again because I haven't been able to find a concrete answer. Most places suggest MK or HK but I use both of those buttons a lot.

I personally use st.hk.

cr.mp and cr.hp are my key AAs so that's a no-no. st.lk is necessary cause it's his fastest normal. so that leaves mk,hk and lp.
This sums up a lot of matchups in this game. I know people say Jump Fighter V as a joke, but it's pretty true. More often than not, you're rewarded for playing like a nut.
For real lol, it's been one of my main complaints with the game since it came out.

Just beat the 51th rank (NoNeedtoTalk) player and it doesn't even register. Not only do I not the get the points but I can't even see the replay. He trashed me in the runbacks.

Edit- I can get the replay from his profile. He lost the points(200lp) I just did not receive them. I'm surprised he rematched most people are cowards

Grakl

Just beat the 51th rank (NoNeedtoTalk) player and it doesn't even register. Not only do I not the get the points but I can't even see the replay. He trashed me in the runbacks.

Edit- I can get the replay from his profile. He lost the points(200lp) I just did not receive them. I'm surprised he rematched most people are cowards

it takes a while for it to register sometimes, it'll show up eventually

HardRojo

tumblr_okm1k5aQoj1usrgjso1_540.gif

Now I actually want E.Ryu :/ I actually liked him back in SF4, he felt similar yet substantially different from regular Ryu.

FluxWaveZ

Man, the longer a set goes, the more irritated I always get and that impatience visibly manifests itself in the way I play. I hate it.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Man, the longer a set goes, the more irritated I always get and that impatience visibly manifests itself in the way I play. I hate it.

I'm the opposite. After 3 or so games i usually have a decent read on most opponents. I'm no good in collecting data in short sets.

Since I'm still waiting on them to stock up might as well pitch for opinions. For my next stick I'm looking to get one of the eTokki Omnis. Up 'til now I've only used Sanwa sticks but I've heard some interesting things about Korean-style sticks that make me want to start giving them a shot, like the lack of gate and rubber tension, with things like dashing being easier on them as well. Any thoughts?

They should add the PC features like motion blur for PS4 Pro. That and a higher res to show it off.
Oof, people can play with the motion blur on? I find it so distracting.

FluxWaveZ

I'm the opposite. After 3 or so games i usually have a decent read on most opponents. I'm no good in collecting data in short sets.

I mean sets in tournaments against strong opponents, or even sometimes in Ranked matchmaking. Obviously, in casuals, long sets give me a chance to get to know their habits and adjust, but I can't seem to properly adjust mentally when it comes to matches that matter.

So, what costume and colour combination do y'all use?

I like Colour 10 of Mika's battle costume, Colour 5 of Urien's story costume, and Colour 6 of Birdie's story costume:

I think you can tell a lot about a person based on the colours they use. It's kinda like a reflection of their personality.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I mean sets in tournaments against strong opponents, or even sometimes in Ranked matchmaking. Obviously, in casuals, long sets give me a chance to get to know their habits and adjust, but I can't seem to properly adjust mentally when it comes to matches that matter.

It's a tough game for that in many respects. At the end of the day you just can't react to scrambles that can dramatically swing a round. Most of the data you gather will be on offense. Whether they hit buttons during strings or tech on wake up etc. Not adjusting isn't really a personal fault. It's just how the game is designed. Potentially further exacerbated by your character choice. You can get 4 out of 5 anti airs but that fifth one you miss will cost you the whole round. It is very hard to play clean in SFV and I'd argue not even worth the effort.

I like Colour 10 of Mika's battle costume, Colour 5 of Urien's story costume, and Colour 6 of Birdie's story costume:

I think you can tell a lot about a person based on the colours they use. It's kinda like a reflection of their personality.
Fangs that use colors 10 and 15 tell me they're the coolest SFV players ever. I love navy blues and whitish colors mixed together.

I tend to go with orange or green schemes. I stick to default Karin using colour 8, or I use her holiday costume with its default colour because I really don't like the colours they use on the fur linings on the other schemes.

I seldom use Urien but when I do I go with colour 13 on his default costume.

Agreed, 10 is my personal favourite. 12 seems fitting for a villain, 10 seems fitting for an assassin.

Also number 15 is also dope. Tough to see in the picture I linked but he has grey hair in that costume which gives him a bit of a wizened assassin look which I like. But sadly, it's locked behind reaching level 50 :(

What are Birdie's best meaty buttons? sHK is good if they quickrise and sLK can be timed to beat 3-framers but I have no idea what to do if they delay wakeup or back tech.

Well, I lost About 2500 LP tonight after not playing ranked for months. From Platinum all the way down to Gold. I feel like trash. I don't know what's up with me, I feel like I was doing so much better against Platinum+ players in Casual than I am against these Gold players. I guess it's not in the card for me to play Akuma.

Edzi

Well, I lost About 2500 LP tonight after not playing ranked for months. From Platinum all the way down to Gold. I feel like trash. I don't know what's up with me, I feel like I was doing so much better against Platinum+ players in Casual than I am against these Gold players. I guess it's not in the card for me to play Akuma.

People in casual don't play like people on ranked. Ranked is much harder since people are using their mains and playing to win.

Also, yeah, it's easy to lose with Akuma.

Play perfectly for 90% of the round and then lose if he gets one jump-in.
Ah, ok. Glad it isn't just me. I thought I was just terrible for a moment there. I probably am, but it's nice to know there is something compounding my terribleness.

FANG, battle #10 all day every day.

Kashiwaba

Casual is never enough to prepare you for ranked matches lol. i learned that the hard way with my crappy juri, I thought i was doing well with her on casuals so i should jump to ranking, but they destroyed me there.

They should add the PC features like motion blur for PS4 Pro. That and a higher res to show it off.

Oh god no. The motion blur is terrible. Just fix the shadows and up the resolution of the textures. Then if they can increase the games resolution. Thats all it really needs.

Shackzam

I really like the ugliest color on my character. The only problem is that I play Balrog and most of his colors are pretty dope. If I had to choose I like color #5 on his story costume.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Nemo's Personal Top and Bottom 5
Top 5: Guile, Urien, Dictator, Gief, Necalli
Bottom 5: Juri, Ryu, Alex, FANG, Nash
"Balance is overall good, but so many buffs/nerfs came at once for the top/bottom,so good strats against new top tier are still undeveloped"
"Since the balance is good, small advantages make top tier. However, I think Urien will remain strong even after people learn the matchup."

https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/826283560663339008

How much better does this make Alex?
This is even rarer than landing crush counters on a non-dizzy opponent thanks to the overhaul v-skill. Would be more interesting if he could do it off EX flash chops that require meter, but have way less startup frames than HP chop.

Was never able to find a main throughout the entirety of sf4. Now a year into 5, still no main.

This is so frustrating and limits my potential so much, cant even enjoy the game.

Anybody else like this? I stuck with urien but now I just feel he is completely braindead, blah

Spuck-uk

Banned

Whatever is the most violently pink one. Balrog is super fun for this.

Mr. X

Was never able to find a main throughout the entirety of sf4. Now a year into 5, still no main.

This is so frustrating and limits my potential so much, cant even enjoy the game.

Anybody else like this? I stuck with urien but now I just feel he is completely braindead, blah

I bet you're silver ranked.

So Gief actually went from bottom to top in S2? Atleast according to Japan that is.

It's one opinion tho. And remember, their Gief players are Itazan and FAB if he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom