• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Deus Ex: The Fall appears to be coming to Steam.
header.jpg

capsule_616x353.jpg

page_bg_generated.jpg

http://cdn4.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/258180/header.jpg
http://cdn4.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/258180/capsule_616x353.jpg
http://cdn3.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/258180/page_bg_generated.jpg

Yo, Stall...

jmizzal

They did say they may put it on other platforms after the mobile versions were out, I been holding out on the mobile version well I guess I made the right decision lol, I wonder if it will come to consoles too

I've never even heard of that Deus Ex game, was it iOS only? (I am an android pleb)

It released on Android last month

Garcia

Dark Souls 2's Black Armor edition looks so amazing!

I wish it was available for pre-order in America...

BhRZ-mHCAAIt9gs.png:large

Emulation is apart of PC gaming and I appreciate the awesome post!

Damn, that's rad (will be mine too :D ). Just a couple more weeks to go.

Dambrosi

Banned
Hoping so too, card art is nice and beautiful as expected.

Current cost of completing a badge is in the $40 range, hope those buyers hurry up and idle down that cost because I actually want this badge haha
Doze cards. I can't decide which one i want for my next desktop background :p

As for DX: The Fall, I know it was a phone game, but I've heard good things. I do hope that they at least spruce up the graphics and controls before they release it on a real gaming platform.

Edit: oh crap, is it nearly time for a new thread already? We only started this thread last week, didn't we?

ArjanN

Every time I play DEHR, I'm already taken back by how god awful the character models were. Can't imagine something aimed for mobile would be too far off.

deus-ex-the-fall-1.jpg

I think it looks pretty good for a mobile game, from what I understand the main issues with the portable version were the controls and the AI.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Deus Ex The Fall is a good mobile game but I wouldn't bother with the Steam version. It's just a dumbed down HR.

GaussTek

http://pu.cdn.hub.nl/media/games/deus_ex_the_fall/deus-ex-the-fall-1.jpg[IMG]

I think it looks pretty good for a mobile game, from what I understand the main issues with the portable version were the controls and the AI.[/QUOTE]

OMG, will buy it just because it features Jean Reno! lol

Grief.exe

Why SE don't you release on Steam Final Fantasy from 1 to 9? They are easy to run, and you will make TONS of money, instead you release...Deus Ex The Fall.

The majority of what you just listed don't have PC versions previously available.

Deus Ex: The Fall was developed on the Unity engine, which makes it almost trivial to port a PC version.

Knurek

Why SE don't you release on Steam Final Fantasy from 1 to 9? They are easy to run, and you will make TONS of money, instead you release...Deus Ex The Fall.

Sony won't license BIOS for FF9 emulation, Nintendo would probably go bonkers if Squeenix tried putting NES/SNES roms as well.

The majority of what you just listed don't have PC versions previously available.

Deus Ex: The Fall was developed on the Unity engine, which makes it almost trivial to port a PC version.

Didn't FF 9 have a PC version? Although i think they should port all the old games,i think it will make them money.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Commandos Collection -- MB-C6193D3E8062D60E - Taken by Tesseract. 7 entrants total.

t1393284415z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nope. FFVII and VIII are it, I believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_IX

Which is why I finally broke down and got Final Fantasy IX for the Vita to play on my lunch breaks.

Sadly, most of Final Fantasy IX's original artwork was scaled down considerably to make the game fit on 4 PS1 discs. A lot of the original artwork (which looks incredibly gorgeous) was apparently lost. Which is a shame, since if they still had this artwork it would make it much easier to create an "HD Remake" of IX and/or release the game on PC.

Grief.exe

Which is why I finally broke down and got Final Fantasy IX for the Vita to play on my lunch breaks.

It seems Square wants to bring more Final Fantasy titles to the platform.

FFXV/KH3 day one would be more health for Steam in general, but I would love to see FFIX, X, XII. Hell, they are working on X/XII/KH HD collections right now, why not bring those over?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Oh God. Was it even good?

It was great for a mobile portable version of HR once you got used to the controls but it was also dumbed down(as mentioned earlier) and I don't think it was good enough to port PC.

Also why so many mobile games ported lately? What's next, Dead Space/Mass Effect/Modern Combat 4 iOS ports to pc?

Actually scratch that Modern Combat 4 would be fun with pc KB+M since I enjoyed the multiplayer more than COD Ghosts

Grief.exe

These gifs were just posted in the South Park OT

This game is going to be quite the experience to say the least. Apparently Mr. Slave is a summon.

i00Yukg80ZCaH.gif

iRngLuAvrZW3X.gif

DocSeuss

I'ma be disappearing for probably a month or so, guys. Life happened, and not in a good way. In fact, it's one of those "I'm not even sure why I'm even alive" situations. Hopefully when I come back, it'll be bearing gifts.

So I'm stuck on Aliens Colonial Marines. Or rather saying, my companions are, and don't enter a building on mission 6. I restarted the checkpoint and the mission and always get stuck there

Sorry for bringing this up here, but anyone have a spare Indie Gala Interstellar bundle to sell?
Was gonna buy it, but suddenly they just ended it prior to the end date.
Dat sadness, really wanted to buy it for the pixeljunk games and the interstellar game was a nice bonus.

edit: a thousand thanks to those kind souls who gifted me their spare keys from the bundle, ended up with all I wanted!

Tesseract

Banned
oh wow, thank you sub zero for dat commando collection! i never got around to playing them when i was a kid, gonna fix that now.

Matchew

I'ma be disappearing for probably a month or so, guys. Life happened, and not in a good way. In fact, it's one of those "I'm not even sure why I'm even alive" situations. Hopefully when I come back, it'll be bearing gifts.

What is going on today so many..... Get well soon man and come back better than ever!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom