• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

JCX

Great work Chocobro!

Think it's time to finally get my diet right. I have a music festival in June so I plan to lose 10-15 lbs by then.

Yeah if this is easy to do and can save me some serious $$, I'll be all over it.
200mg Caffeine pill or 8-12oz of strong coffee - if coffee, don't mix this stuff in it. It's pretty horrible. Just drink the coffee on its own.

Mix:
4g Beta Alanine
Creatine (if you use it, 1g per 40lb bodyweight)
6g Citrulline Malate (minimum single dose, some people take 8-18g per day, split doses)

Everything else in a pre is pretty much filler. The store bought pres are also horribly underdosed with CM and BA. Now flavor with whatever sugar free powder or squeeze flavoring you like.

Caffeine:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0011865IQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Beta Alanine:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EIO4I7A/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Citrulline Malate:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EYDJTRE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Creatine:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E9M4XEE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

-

Down another pound this week on "rest week", fml. I ate below maintenance, slept like shit and overall not feeling it. This week starts my last 3 weeks on a bulk. Going to try to hit 5k per day and sleep as best as I can the last 3. There might be other issues knowing my health so I'll keep an eye on the needle for now and schedule with my doc if necessary.

goober

200mg Caffeine pill or 8-12oz of strong coffee - if coffee, don't mix this stuff in it. It's pretty horrible. Just drink the coffee on its own.

Mix:
4g Beta Alanine
6g Citrulline Malate (minimum single dose, some people take 8-18g per day, split doses)

Everything else in a pre is pretty much filler. The store bought pres are also horribly underdosed with CM and BA. Now flavor with whatever sugar free powder or squeeze flavoring you like.

Caffeine:

Beta Alanine:

Citrulline Malate:

Creatine:

-

Down another pound this week on "rest week", fml. I ate below maintenance, slept like shit and overall not feeling it. This week starts my last 3 weeks on a bulk. Going to try to hit 5k per day and sleep as best as I can the last 3. There might be other issues knowing my health so I'll keep an eye on the needle for now and schedule with my doc if necessary.

You have the amazon link to Beta Alanine under Citrulline Malate.
Looking through the bulksupplements storefront I found two versions of citrulline:

L-Citrulline DL Malate and L-Citrulline

which one is better? what does it do?

mdsfx

Had a 6 mile run today and tried my best to sprint hard at the finish. Ended up hitting over 14mph. Now I'm wondering how fast I could sprint if I wasn't winded.

The store bought pres are also horribly underdosed with CM and BA.

Yeah this is one thing I noticed once I started trying to make my own. I see like 1g of each in my old preworkout. Wtf!

Also, 4g beta alanine, Jack? Damn lol I thought 3 was a lot!

Yeah this is one thing I noticed once I started trying to make my own. I see like 1g of each in my old preworkout. Wtf!

Also, 4g beta alanine, Jack? Damn lol I thought 3 was a lot!
I took 6g yesterday :p Had me like BZZZZZZZZZZZZZT

Was a long day tho.

You have the amazon link to Beta Alanine under Citrulline Malate.
Looking through the bulksupplements storefront I found two versions of citrulline:

L-Citrulline DL Malate and L-Citrulline

which one is better? what does it do?
Edited thanks!

As for what it does - Citrulline increases Arginine production in the body which increases NO production which increases the "pump" by opening blood vessels. More blood to the muscle tissues brings more nutrients and increases the pump during a workout.

The Malic Acid in Citrulline Malate increases Citrulline absorption by the body meaning you need less Citrulline. Citrulline is more expensive than Malic Acid so pairing the two reduces cost slightly.

You could just take Arginine but it is absorbed poorly by the body, you would need to take a LOT of it to get the same production value for NO as Citrulline provides by increasing your body's own production of Arginine - so we take Citrulline Malate since we use far less of it and it performs much better at increasing NO production in the body over straight Arginine powder.

2:1 is the sweet spot for Citrulline and Malic Acid. So for 6g of CM you are taking 4g Citrulline and 2g Malic Acid at once. Less Citrulline, greater absorption via Malic Acid and you take less compared to Arginine for better results.

Been sneezing all day due to hay fever. Should I go to the gym regardless? I don't feel weakend like I would if I had a cold or some sickness. It's just annoying. Or rather leave it?

Anyone have a good method to increase chest size? I have really wide shoulders so I feel my chest is stretched a lot and looks small. No one likes a small chest :(

bchamba

vxwxae8l.jpg

Kai Greene was at my gym today. Always covers himself up when he's working out.

I've been doing some new stretches since Thursday to help my shin splints (putting my toes on a step and doing calf raises with my heels going below my toes) and man my run felt way better. Took another 30 seconds off my mile time. Can't wait to run without shin pain at all though, that is a thing right?

I've been doing some new stretches since Thursday to help my shin splints (putting my toes on a step and doing calf raises with my heels going below my toes) and man my run felt way better. Took another 30 seconds off my mile time. Can't wait to run without shin pain at all though, that is a thing right?
Lol I was just doing calf raises and it loosened the tightness in my calves and I have running to do tomorrow.

Lol I was just doing calf raises and it loosened the tightness in my calves and I have running to do tomorrow.

I don't know if you have shin splint issues, but it was really crazy what a difference it made for me. Still some pain but nothing like it was before. My shins hurt way less after the fact also. Last week after a run it was almost unbearable to rub my hands up and down my shins, now barely anything.

BumRush

Anyone have a good method to increase chest size? I have really wide shoulders so I feel my chest is stretched a lot and looks small. No one likes a small chest :(

Paused DB presses really are the best way in my opinion. I super set flat bench paused DB with incline DB press. I always had a small chest and I credit that exercise with my progress to where I am now.

M52B28

Banned
Paused DB presses really are the best way in my opinion. I super set flat bench paused DB with incline DB press. I always had a small chest and I credit that exercise with my progress to where I am now.
I can agree with this. Though I'm already pretty big, this exercise definity works great
It has toned my chest fairly well.

I don't know if you have shin splint issues, but it was really crazy what a difference it made for me. Still some pain but nothing like it was before. My shins hurt way less after the fact also. Last week after a run it was almost unbearable to rub my hands up and down my shins, now barely anything.
Oh. Well that's good stretching helped!

And mines just my calves.

JCX

That's just what the Beta Alanine and Citrulline Malate manufacturers want you to believe.

Soon, we'll all be snorting our supps.

Wait, you all haven't been snorting supps this whole time? Well at least I have a great tiny mirror collection.

SeanR1221

I just found out the gym that opened next to my Retro Fitness (called Crunch Fitness) has bumper plates, a prowler and a power rack, all for 10.00 less a month....

It might be time to look into leaving retro.

_Isaac

Does it look goofy putting little 5 lb plates under my heels for a squat?

Doing a squat with a wider stance kinda hurts my groin/hip area because of a previous injury I think. When I got narrower to try a high bar squat there's no pain, but then I think my ankle mobility isn't quite there because I fall back. I've been working on that mobility with stretches and foam rollers, but I also wanted to try squatting with a higher heel. I tried at home with bar-less squats using roughly .75 inch books (sorry Manhattan Projects you weren't that great) and it definitely felt better. Does it look goofy to do something like this in the gym with some little plates? I'm afraid someone is going to try to correct me or worse put me on their Instagram. This is me trying to experiment with a higher heel before buying lifting shoes and stuff.

frontieruk

Shesh fitGAF moves fast, it only feels a few months since I last posted but it was on OT7...

Since I last posted I've had two OPs one that finally has got my back to the best it could be after the RTA the other was apparently a totally un-needed OP on my knees according to 3 consultants and 4 MRIs (again relating to the RTA), the operating surgeon described both knees as a mess and couldnt believe I'd been training like it! oh well...

So anyway recovery was obviously slower than I'd realised, I guess it took nearly 4 months to rebalance my legs out, but I thought for a return to exercise I'd take up a rowing challenge from concept2.

Nailed it..

CKh9PRP.jpg

I'm now training for a 10km run (picked an event 4 months away as I've never been a runner but it's always something I've wanted to achieve) and will probably attempt the 26mile rowing challenge next month.

Sorry for the long post just chuffed with myself.

Irobot82

Mix:
4g Beta Alanine

Caffeine:

Beta Alanine:

Citrulline Malate:

Creatine:

-

Weird amazon doesn't sell powdered caffeine. Anyone know much about powder city? They sell it Here

TripOpt55

New thread, I guess I will post my progress (no pics... not really confident in those yet). Basically got out of shape due to some health issues. Started up at a new gym a year and a half ago. Spent until last July trying to get some strength and size back. Then started cutting weight. Started at 207. This week I weighed in at 179, under 180 for the first time in years. Pretty good progress. Mostly dieting to thank for the weight loss. Don't really do much cardio. Lifting three days a week. Not a whole lot of progress on the lifts since I I started cutting. I have some bright spots here and there. Did hit a PR in Bench in September (315 when I weighed about 200), but lost a bit of strength in that lift since then. Been really working on bettering my pull-ups and started doing weighted ones this past year which I really enjoy.

Anyway, trying to get back to 10% BF (or around there) like I was when I was younger. I'm guessing that is in the 165-170 area, but I'm not totally sure. So just going to keep chipping away. Hoping I can be there by around July about a year after I started losing weight. Will try and post in here more often. Love seeing the progress pics from others. It is very motivating.

mdsfx

Weird amazon doesn't sell powdered caffeine. Anyone know much about powder city? They sell it Here
I believe powdered caffiene is all but banned in a lot of places since it's basically lethal. Guess I can't say how that differs from pills, but there were a few deaths associated with it in powdered form.

SeanR1221

I wonder how powdered caffeine would taste in a cold brew with an extra shot of espresso 🤔🤔🤔🤔

mdsfx

I'm quoting this gif because it's f*cking amazing and gave me flashbacks to my childhood as well as the realization that cartoons for kids used to be kind of F***ed up.

Also, pretty sure that IS Sean. "I have a v-v-very h-h-hi-high c-c-c-caffeine t-t-t....t-tolerance."

SeanR1221

I'm quoting this gif because it's f*cking amazing and gave me flashbacks to my childhood as well as the realization that cartoons for kids used to be kind of F***ed up.

Also, pretty sure that IS Sean. "I have a v-v-very h-h-hi-high c-c-c-caffeine t-t-t....t-tolerance."

Lol I read this as I drink my nightly cup of coffee, listening to soothing music, reading some research for work. I feel I can gently drift off to sleep any moment...

Top Bottom