• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGR - 2 new (Black Raiden) screenshots from TGS's playable code [BADASS!]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
fresh from KojiPro's monitor.

A2Z-6YiCQAALQiI.jpg:large

A2Z9UfpCUAE5s0B.jpg:large

Edit:
meta-lgear-solid-rising-revengeance-demo-tgs-2012-01.jpg

meta-lgear-solid-rising-revengeance-demo-tgs-2012-02.jpg

Carbonox

This supposed to be the equivalent of the Devil Trigger from DMC?

Nothing suggests that, though I am curious as to whether or not we will something like in the game. Though I think Raiden's 'overdrive' as it were would be the precision cutting. IIRC you can't spam it and you need to build meter for it. Can someone clarify this? Might be thinking of something else.

I reckon the visor is this version of Raiden's combat mode, ala Optimus Prime's mouth guard when he's about to fuck shit up.

Carbonox

I agree. They said that there will be DLC with other playable characters so I'm hoping for some real Grey Fox action.

I'm glad they're showing the visor on again. It looks super badass.

Grey Fox and Bayonetta would be locks then, I guess. Maybe someone from ZOE as well?

Carbonox

This is Big Black - father of Solid Raiden.

As much as I like Bayonetta, no thanks in this game. A suit from ZOE would be unreal though. Fast moving melee mech action? Has it been done before?

Actually, I just realised, Bayonetta might not be a lock as the IP is owned by SEGA (which made it easy to throw her in to Anarchy Reigns). I'd imagine getting her in Rising would be way more difficult. Fack.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Grey Fox and Bayonetta would be locks then, I guess. Maybe someone from ZOE as well?
I hope Bayonetta isn't in this. Her design is disgusting. A skin styled after ZoE would be cool though. I'm still betting on Grey Fox and Solidus as the ones that get real mission DLC.

I know the rest of the game doesn't really look like this, but you'd think more games would use a more saturated color palette like these shots. Makes it so much less dull.

Sushigod7

Nice! I love Kojima posting all this stuff in twitter. I can't wait for the Play Arts figure they showed at SDCC. This game is going to be epic. This is my most anticipated game of 2013 along with Zeroes if its coming out then.

ibu4Og2TVrwNNk.jpg

Carbonox

Nice! I love Kojima posting all this stuff in twitter. I can't wait for the Play Arts figure they showed at SDCC. This game is going to be epic. This is my most anticipated game of 2013 along with Zeroes if its coming out then.

ibu4Og2TVrwNNk.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

First I've seen of this. When is it out? Where can I buy it/preorder it from? :O

Jawmuncher

I wonder what kojima would have done with Raiden had everyone loved him in MGS2...
He sure wouldn't have made him a cyborg I think.

Sushigod7

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

First I've seen of this. When is it out? Where can I buy it/preorder it from? :O

I know I shit myself too. They haven't released a date yet I've been watching like a hawk when I saw it posted. Kojima said it would be released soon on Twitter. Trying to find his exact tweets.

Akainu

I still can't get over the helicopter, for no other reason so that you can hit it with your sword, flying down to ground level right in your face. Hilarious.

Why is he wearing an eye-patch?

When he was saving sunny he...wait nevermind.

Carbonox

Why does he cover his eye?

IIRC there was brief footage/screenshots somewhere of White Raiden missing his arms after fighting that dude on a train. I think during that event, he also suffers damage to his eye, hence in Black Raiden form (new suit, visor, etc.), he has it covered.

Sushigod7

Here is the progression of what he said and the pic he took. Can't wait for Rising.

HIDEO_KOJIMA ‏@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN
Do you guys want Black Raiden? It took us about a year to get this.
It's still in prototype phase. It will be available later!@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN Is the http://tl.gd/iakqaq
Black Raiden by Play Arts KAI. You can attach the face visor.

ibu5bcaXLh2dA.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Any Blue Raiden screens?

Why has Raiden got a visor? White raiden doesn't have one.
Haven't seen Blue yet. It sounds like he's the MGS2 version so I bet we'll see him in a flashback scene. 24 Rays, anyone?

Raiden had a visor in MGS4 but for some reason it's gone in Rising on the White costume.

Carbonox

So how come he has his jaw back in White Raiden mode?

Raiden gets a cybernetic human body at the end of Metal Gear Solid 4, jaw included. However, in Revengeance's story, he does jobs that require him to still wear a suit, so I'd imagine his MGS4 suit (repaired or a new model of it) can be switched with his human suit (best way to call it I guess) as and when he needs to.

As he has a new jaw installed, he no longer needs a cybernetic one, despite the core suit change. Though it seems he goes back to having one when he gets the Black suit.

From my understanding, at least.

Edit: See above, yeah, Rising takes place years after MGS4.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So how come he has his jaw back in White Raiden mode?

He is White Raiden right after MGS4. Then something happens in the game,
he gets injured really badly by Samuel Rodrigues.
And i think after that he gets transformed into Black Raiden.

I heard that Sunny is appearing there too - the original plot for MGS4 was only a ruse set by Kojima. This time they will reveal everything in a parallel story line.

Top Bottom