• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft posts Crimson Dragon demo to Japanese marketplace, promptly removes it.

Takao

Banned
Some people managed to play it in the XBLA thread before it got delisted:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493651&page=26

Crimson Dragon をご購入いただき、ありがとうございました。
アイテムは、ダウンロードが完了すると Xbox 360 本体のマイ ゲームに表示されます。

Added it to my queue!

Edit: Played it. No controllers allowed. And of course the buy full version stuff is blocked off with the usual -1msp thing.

Looks like there's online co-op in the full version.

Game seemed decently controllable, not sure how easy the leaning to move stuff would be once you're past the first few levels though.

Raide

Looks like Panzer Dragoon...which means it should be great! At least my Kinect has something else to do.

nubbe

Crimson Dragon - Early Demo Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ifO72YsjZU

dat kinect

6P5mk.gif

Blimblim

The Inside Track
It certainly doesn't even try to be anything but a Panzer Dragoon game. Not that I'm complaining.
The music. The music!

Demo looks pretty gorgeous, shame about the herky-jerky kinect controls making the dragon's movement look rather terrible.

Edit: Huh, even the dragon's animations themselves are a bit odd, I don't know if it's intentional but to some extent they kind of have a stop-motion charm to them...or am I giving the game too much credit for what is actually a technical problem?

Akkad

Banned
Who the fuck is gonna buy this now? Nobody gives a fuck about kinect anymore, especially not in Japan. Why keep delaying it?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Such lovely graphics and music, such terrible gameplay :(

KageMaru

They need to release this game already. I thought it was done for a while now. Looks gorgeous for a UE3 title IMO.

FUUUUUUU it's still one of my most wanted games.
Team Andromeda <3

Yup, the only reason why I still have my stupid Kinect.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Is there any reason, gameplay wise, that this could not be played with a controller?

Would become far too easy with a controller when the whole game has been balanced to clumsy ass-shit body motion controls. The reason the game exists at all is because MS threw money their way to validate their shitty peripherals existence in the eye of the hardcore, so I guess otherwise it wouldnt have existed.

Would have much rather the languishing remnants of Team Andromeda instead had started a "WANT A HARDCORE SPIRITUAL SEQUEL TO PANZER DRAGOON?!" Kickstarter instead though.

So it looks 1) Kinect only and 2) you can't control the camera, just the dragon and the lock-on system?

Ugh, I'll have to continue pretending that this does not exist.

Gorgeous colors and designs though.

I still play PDO from time to time.
Some aspects have been simplified in CD due to Kinect control.
Dragon is controlled with your body while you fire missiles with your right hand and rapid fire with your left hand.
Control works well but keep in mind that is nothing close to a stick.
Overall a nice game to enjoy if an openminded gamer.

Raide

Really want to see some co-op play. Shame the demo got pulled.

Dragon is controlled with your body while you fire missiles with your right hand and rapid fire with your left hand.

Sounds pretty cool. Kinect has always been the games focus since they announced it, so I have no issues knowing it uses Kinect.

I'm sure I could find pleasure in it, but the simple thought of knowing how much potential it could have if only given a traditional control method (along with a little radar in the HUD), its a really frustrating project. I bet the developers aren't too happy either as they probably don't have the choice of putting it in.

Raide

I'm sure I could find pleasure in it, but the simple thought of knowing how much potential it could have if only given a traditional control method (along with a little radar in the HUD), its a really frustrating project. I bet the developers aren't too happy either as they probably don't have the choice of putting it in.

It could have a load of potential with Kinect. The Panzer games were not that complex in the first place, plus they could have added some more interesting gestures to make combat more in-depth. Will be interesting to see how the dragoon raising goes. Would be ncie to have way more depth to that side of things.

I'm really digging the music in this. It sounds more like a Panzer Dragoon soundtrack than Panzer Dragoon Orta does. Saori Kobayashi co-scored the soundtracks for Panzer Dragoon Saga (with Mariko Nanba) and Panzer Dragoon Orta (with Yutaka Minobe). Looks like this soundtrack is a solo effort.

My thoughts exactly.

Raide

&#8704; Narayan;45980269 said:
I'm really digging the music in this. It sounds more like a Panzer Dragoon soundtrack than Panzer Dragoon Orta does. Saori Kobayashi composed the soundtracks for Panzer Dragoon Saga (with Mariko Nanba) and Panzer Dragoon Orta (with Yutaka Minobe). Looks like this soundtrack is a solo effort.

I wonder if they will OST it around the same time?

Did Orta have some animations on the dragon? I can't remember but in here it looks so annoying that only the wings move

The whole game concept was built around Kinect from the very start. If I'm not mistaken, someone said in an interview that Grounding is not even that interested in making games like Crimson Dragon, but they did it because Microsoft asked them to.

Doodis

Gameplay looks pretty much exactly like Child of Eden, which was a great game for Kinect. I was hoping for more responsive control of the dragon. Even though it showed some maneuvering at the beginning, it seems like it turns to a completely on-rails experience. Not sure how you'd control where you're going when the camera is spinning around you the whole time.

looks like digital sex. I've already convinced my friend to lend me his kinect. bring it on, I say. as soon as humanly possible. straddle me cd, straddle me all night long.

Symytry

The whole game concept was built around Kinect from the very start. If I'm not mistaken, someone said in an interview that Grounding is not even that interested in making games like Crimson Dragon, but they did it because Microsoft asked them to.

I remember Futatsugi saying in a 1-up interview with Milkman that he'd love to make more Panzer Dragoon, something along the lines of he absolutely must make another before he dies.

He's the kind of developer that spends months and months of time getting the lore, characters, story and balancing of the game down on paper before proceeding to develop, so I could see that he wouldn't be too loving towards Crimson Dragon, if it is forced and most likely rushed...

To get another Panzer game on par with what we've know and love would be nearly impossible, especially in today's market.

I'll still look forward to this however, because I also love the world of Panzer and Phantom Dust :p

Top Bottom