• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
This article outlines why I think Reem will still be fighting. Outlines the distinction between T/E ratios and actual testosterone levels. If Testostereem comes in all lawyered and doctored up then there'll be no more evidence to pin PED use on him than there is with Hendo, certainly less than there is with Sonnen. One thing not mentioned in the article: Kizer said that no questionnaires (for disclosing any recently taken substances) were given to the heavys taking the random tests. Talk about a giant fucking loophole.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was Alistair's (team's) plan: can't use roids for this fight due to random testing, best get on dat dere TRT instead. No anabolic steroid metabolites in his piss + failing the simplest test in the world lends credence to the idea.

The one spanner I can see is the NSAC having a meeting on the 17th, discussing therapeutic use exemptions. I don't think anything will come of it though, too much money on the line right now.

I for one am glad that medical science has progressed enough to allow fighters to effectively train through their ailments and/or minor injuries so as to preserve the most entertaining and exciting matchups the sport can provide.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Testostereem

0027_w581.gif

This article outlines why I think Reem will still be fighting. Outlines the distinction between T/E ratios and actual testosterone levels. If Testostereem comes in all lawyered and doctored up then there'll be no more evidence to pin PED use on him than there is with Hendo, certainly less than there is with Sonnen. One thing not mentioned in the article: Kizer said that no questionnaires (for disclosing any recently taken substances) were given to the heavys taking the random tests. Talk about a giant fucking loophole.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was Alistair's (team's) plan: can't use roids for this fight due to random testing, best get on dat dere TRT instead. No anabolic steroid metabolites in his piss + failing the simplest test in the world lends credence to the idea.

The one spanner I can see is the NSAC having a meeting on the 17th, discussing therapeutic use exemptions. I don't think anything will come of it though, too much money on the line right now.

I for one am glad that medical science has progressed enough to allow fighters to effectively train through their ailments and/or minor injuries so as to preserve the most entertaining and exciting matchups the sport can provide.

Can't they choose to not license him due to his continued sketchiness?

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure of their exact nature, but the Commissions do have leeway to act at their own discretion as opposed to a court of law. They would still have to abide by fair practice/good faith (I'm not from the US, don't know the right term) though and if everything Overeem has done falls within their guidelines then they might not have a choice but to license him. There's always a chance that they decide that he's mocked them enough but I don't think they really care. The facts that the fight would bring in big money plus Zuffa's intense desire to see it occur can't be overlooked either.

Oh shit, Krazy Horse sighting on UFC Primetime!

When Rashad visits van Arsdale in the Hospital, Krazy Horse is chillin by the door like he's the Iil homie or something.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It's nice they're not treating Sweden like second class citizens and having the fights at 3 in the morning local time.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Siver-Nunes is tonight? That's a pretty decent scrap. I haven't even looked at tonight's today's afternoon card in what feels like months.

kirblar

So, what's the deal with the cut-off shorts this season of TUF? Did they just not give the guys any "tight" shorts this season, so the ones that don't want the longer loose legs have to improvise? Kind of a ridiculous thing to do.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
My pick is on Gus. Thiago has been wobbled by many of the people he has fought and he hasn't fought in a long time.

Pickett
Maguire
Nunes
Bahadurzada
Gustafsson

This Young-Wisley fight fucking sucks. Wisley blows.

They told Wisley he's down 2 rounds to none and has to throw everything he's got. Can't wait for him to spend the next 5 minutes on his back while Young just wiggles in guard doing nothing.

He's actually fighting now. Should have started that 10 minutes ago.

Ah, there it is. Status quo.

Elbow from the bottom, that'll win you the fight when you lost the whole fight. I don't understand how these fighters are so stupid. You're losing the fight, there's 1 minute left and you're going to spend it laying on your back?

Yousef showing how to attack from your back. Thoresen is getting beat up.

Thoresen's submission game is fantastic once he stops getting punched. He uses them to transition and has a cool ass modified rear-naked. Great fight.

I don't know who Reza Madadi is but all the crowd clapping along with him jumping around all happy means I'm rooting for him and not the Cuban.

I don't think it's fair to call Junie Browning an UFC veteran.

WTF is up with his reffing? They were against the cage and actually working. Madadi was dropping down for a takedown and gets stood up?

Wow! Another amazing transition into a submission. Cuban double handed tapped immediately.

Top Bottom