• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, it's common sense, If I keep despising and despising a particular game and then I offer myself to do the OT it's pretty obvious what will be the intention, to ridicule every non-positive aspect of the game in wich the game's detractors will have a feast on.

Ok, but to do this with the OT, really? why not use another thread (like the Bitching Thread), and this without pointing out that it will set an awful precedent, as Nirolak is pointing out with the others RPG OTs.

Man, it's common sense, If I keep despising and despising a particular game and then I offer myself to do the OT it's pretty obvious what will be the intention, to ridicule every non-positive aspect of the game in wich the game's detractors will have a feast on.

Ok, but to do this with the OT, really? why not use another thread (like the Bitching Thread), and this without pointing out that it will set an awful precedent, as Nirolak is pointing out with the others RPG OTs.

I'm in the Neutral Informative OT-camp, but I'm pretty confident Chinner can do a decent job, too.

Chinner

Banned
shingonation, you seem overly invested in this and everything seems to be tens times worse in your mind. it's not going to be bad, and the op is just going to be fun.

if you want, and if nirolak is happy with it, how about we just both make threads and then we can just post them and see what everybody on gaf perfers?

Alex

I think it'd be great to get more OTs that are actually about discussing a video game rather than an endless spree of back patting over information no one reads or meme/in-joke based roasting.

For all of the fanwank and cynicism to match it around here, it'd be nice for one refuge that isn't officially sponsored for a week or so of hive mind pile-on until steady convo ensues. I realize some people need more than a Wikipedia page and a cardboard folding chair, but I don't think most really benefit at all from these forcibly eccentric entries.

Shanadeus

Banned
shingonation, you seem overly invested in this and everything seems to be tens times worse in your mind. it's not going to be bad, and the op is just going to be fun.

if you want, and if nirolak is happy with it, how about we just both make threads and then we can just post them and see what everybody on gaf perfers?

I eagerly await your neutral and hopefully conservative (in terms of both pictures and number of posts) OP.

Eh, I dunno, it seems like overkill to me, just for an OT. I think a happy compromise would be an informative OT that's a bit light-hearted and humorous, but not fanwank and not overly cynical too. If you need any help with writing something like that, I'm happy to oblige.

I think a happy compromise would be an informative OT that's a bit light-hearted and humorous, but not fanwank and not overly cynical too. If you need any help with writing something like that, I'm happy to oblige.
I think it would be the ideal. But if it's not possible, and if Nirolak is okay with it, the idea of an alternative-informative OT would be ok.

Goon Boon

Banned
Hrm, since NDA is lifted on Super Monday Night Combat closed beta, can I make an OP for the beta or wait until open beta/release?

I would love to make a Nintendo 3DS Game Recommendation OT...do I need to ask permission or just state it here?

Gonna need some help with screenshots. I own 20 retail 3DS games so far and will need help with that as well as digital downloads. Thanks!

I, _dementia will create the Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend (PS3/360/Vita) thread closer to its domestic release on Valentine's Day. Expect it on 7 February, 2012

MNC

I want to make a small EvoChron Mercenary OT, if that's alright. And was wondering "In space, no one can hear me cream" is too bad of a title :p

EvoChron Mercenary by MNC (17-01-2012)

Nemesis_

All updated. Thank you so much to those who use the format, makes it so much easier to update the OP.

Keep em coming guys!

Al-ibn Kermit

Is this only for videogames or does it also apply to OT's for movies/tv shows? I'm thinking of possibly making one for Skins which just started the newest season.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Actually, take me off for Sly Cooper. I'll let someone else do that. Instead I want to do a new thread for The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition/360 release, we'll be almost at ot2 by then anyways.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition by Snuggler (January 27th, 2012)

ReaperXL7

Ok i'm doing the Kingdoms of Amalur reckoning OT but this is my first OT, so is there anyone that would mind letting me PM them so that I may ask a couple of questions? Just want to make sure my first one is atleast a decent one with as few hiccups as possible.

Nemesis_

Torchlight II by The M.O.B (January 23rd, 2012)

Surprised nobody has expressed interest in doing this.

It's set in General 2011 for some reason. Jim-Jam Bongs has claimed it during October 2011.

Also I've run out of space in the OP. Should I have a separate "archive thread" and move things over once they become about three months old?

Or should we JUMP SHIP and create a new thread and I will have a few first postings which will be reserved? I would appreciate a Mod's input if possible.

derFeef

Hey Nemesis a slight correction for the OP. Alan Wake's American Nightmare is coming out on 22nd February, an not march how I thought it maybe would. Also - can OT's for XBLA games also go up a week before release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom