• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seduction-age |OT| The only way to win is to play the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
***DISCLAIMER 2***

I do not personally endorse (the opposite really) the contents of this OP, but I've tried to remain as neutral and objective as possible in the making of this thread.

***DISCLAIMER ***

Please keep PUA-related talks in this thread, if you're not interested in PUA you should head over to the Dating-Age thread.

vmdf4.gif

Intro to the Pickup Arts

Okay, this is pretty simple. To pickup, is simply put, to meet and attract women; whether it's a one night-stand (SNL) or a long-term relationship (LTR). If you're in this thread, you're probably looking for an edge up in the game, and you've come to the right place for that. Just remember that it will take work, and you will only succeed if you dedicate yourself to improvement.

This thread can help you along the way though, and eventually you will achieve almost anything you want.

The natural and unnatural

There are countless ways to go about meeting and attracting the women of your dreams, but the concepts are relatively the same. Today, "game" can be divided into two categories: natural and unnatural. Unnatural game for a long time had been the staple of the seduction community. It included routines, canned-material, NLP, and etc. These approaches, however effective, aren't "natural" because they are calculated and planned out.

Natural Game is currently a growing trend within the community. The idea behind it is that to be natural, your interaction must flow with spontaneity from the moment you approach and open the girl. You display your naturally attractive personality in the interaction because this is "how you are."

A major problem people often run into when using unnatural game is when it comes to creating a long-term relationship. You weren't "being yourself" when you met and therefore not congruent with who you would be in the relationship. However, this is all assuming that you want to get in a relationship in the first place.

There are currently many long-standing schools of thought in pickup that teach tried and true scripted material. As of now, more and more natural game schools of thought are springing up almost every day.

Schools of Pickup

There are many PUA companies/groups to learn from. Each has its own approach to social interaction. There are similarities that you will see in some, and some universal concepts that all share. In any case you can find a direction to go. They are all proven successful approaches of pickup. For more information on each of the various school's you may go to their respective websites and check each one out yourself.

1. Venusian Arts/Mystery Method/Love Systems - Mystery/Savoy
Mystery Method, commonly referred to as MM, focuses on a linear step-by-step model of seduction combined with using scripted routines.

2. Gunwitch Method - Gunwitch
Gunwitch Method, commonly referred to as GWM, is a straightforward method of getting laid using sexual state and economic mindsets.

3. Speed Seduction - Ross Jeffries
Speed Seduction, commonly referred to as SS, is a mostly verbal method of seduction that utilizes many aspects of NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) and hypnosis. SS was the first major school in the seduction community.

4. Double Your Dating - David DeAngelo
Double Your Dating, commonly referred to as DYD, was the first school to explain seduction and dating in terms of evolutionary psychology. Its teachings focus on being "Cocky and Funny" and branch out into several other topics of seduction and manhood. DYD bleeds heavily into Natural Game.

Some Natural Game-focused companies in good standing:
1. PUA Training - Gambler
2. Vin DiClassified - Vin DiCarlo
3. Real Social Dynamics - Tyler Durden
4. Charisma Arts - Juggler
5. Enlightened Seduction - Zan Perrion

For more information on any specific company, go here: [link]

Recommended Reading

These are many books that aspiring PUAs can check out, all of which can help you in various ways. Each book will offer you different slices of information that will help you on this journey through pickup. Some of these books are available only in paperback, some only in ebook form, and some both:

1. The Game by Neil Strauss - A detailed memoir of one man's unique journey through the seduction community.
2. Venusian Arts Handbook by Mystery - Explains Mystery Method, the most widely taught method of pickup today, made popular by Neil Strauss's "The Game" and the VH1 reality TV-show series, "The Pickup Artist."
3. Body Language by Allan Pease - Explanations of better body language and proper posture.
4. Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins - Inner game help and positive motivation.
5. Real World Seduction by Swinggcat - Teaches "being the prize" and using tension to seduce.
6. Introducing NLP by Joseph O'Connor and John Seymour - An introduction to NLP and more importantly effective communication skills regardless of what method you're using.
7. Secrets of Female Sexuality by David Shade - for powerful sexual framing.
8. My Secret Garden by Nancy Friday - for a look into the female mind on fantasies.
9. The Attraction Code by Vin DiCarlo - An excellent in-depth guide on how to think in terms of attraction and becoming a natural.
10. The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida - What it means to be a man.
11. The Zen of Meeting Women by Max Weiss - A nice, easy-going guide to natural game that combines Zen Buddhism with pickup.

...And that's just a starter list.

Reading any books related to pick up will only fill your mind with information. You will never truly progress if you do not go out and actually talk to women.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I'm in love with.....how do I get her?
A: You have "oneitis." Go to [link]

Q: I like my best friend/This girl just want to be friends/I'm in the "Let's Just Be Friends" Zone
A: [link]

Q: What does (insert pickup-related term or acronym here) mean?
A: Here's a list of pickup terminology you will want to know in order to understand people here. [link]

Q: Is this an IOI?
A: List of IOIs [link]

Q: Where can I find a list of negs that I can use?
A: List of Negs [link]

Q: What's the first thing I should say to a woman/What are some good openers?
A: Collection of Openers [link]

Q: How do I use Myspace and/or Facebook to game?
A: Myspace game [link]
Facebook game [link]

Q: I get nervous before I approach women I don't know/I get anxious when I even think about approaching/I need help getting over my Approach Anxiety.
A: Approach Anxiety and getting over it [link] or [link]

What now?

There is a lot of great information on here at your disposal and always free help. The next step is to create goals you would like to achieve. You will be more content when you put a task to strive for and a date of when you want to achieve it.

T1xk6.gif

Sources:

http://www.pick-up-artist-forum.com/1-vt44144.html?start=0
http://www.fastseduction.com/acronyms.shtml

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
A thread about pickup artists on neogaf oh lord.

I think I watched a video on this once for the lolz. I think the guy's name was Sacha. He really was hassling the women.

I just need some good ways of approaching women say on FB or whatever online dating website. I can do women just fine IRL, but online seems weird...and distant.

Damn, all these phrases and acronyms reminds me of just getting into World of Warcraft and basically having to learn a whole new language.

I'm engaged, but good luck dudes!

I just need some good ways of approaching women say on FB or whatever online dating website. I can do women just fine IRL, but online seems weird...and distant.

Check this post out:

First thing you do is you go looking through a bunch of profile and start poking chicks you think are attractive. I don't remember how many chicks I poked but I think I stopped in the 20s. Now, If a girl is slightly interested she is going to poke you back which is already a IOIs. Of course you gave out the first IOI but it was to get her attention. Now that you done the poking this is what I do after being poked.

Whoopie
8:08pm Mar 16th
Hey you know its not safe to poke strangers! I guess your parents never taught you that! Very Happy

HB9
9:37pm Mar 16th
lol haha true but you poked me first :]

Whoopie
6:39am Mar 17th
Ahh you know you liked it! So if I would have like slapped you on the ass! You would slap me on the ass back because I did it first? Very Happy

HB9
4:43pm Mar 17th
hahahahahaha ohh yeahhhh Razz

Whoopie
9:46pm Mar 17th
Beautiful and Dangerous I like I like! But God said when hit you should just turn to the other cheek! Very Happy

HB9
4:32pm Mar 18th
haha so turn it youll get hit on both sides :]

Whoopie
9:59pm Mar 18th
lol Very Happy Well whatever you do to me I will return the favor. I know one way you won't be able to return the favor. If I pull out the black fuzzy handcuffs! Very Happy What can you say about that!

HB9
1:39am Mar 19th
wow :] lol

^After that I go her AIM and I am waiting to do my Online IM gaming. I was just been my fun playful self. That was go number 1 with that line. Also notice how quick I got it to turn some what sexual by making the ass comment.

Slayven

Woman aren't NPCs you can get to do what you want using a conversation wheel. Just be a decent person and that will get you very far.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just wanted to say that while I don't feel this thread is a bad idea by any means, reading the OP creeped me the fuck out.

Onemic

Pua artists are evil blah blah blah.

Certain things about pua really piss me off(like the ridiculous abbreviations and such) but some pua dudes are actually genuine nice guys. I find those that don't have to mention the stupid abbreviations, refer to themselves as pua, or focus on seducing(read: lying) to pick up girls(david deangelo, dr paul, among others) are the real guys worth listening to. Others(like mystery and his ilk) just come off as straight douchebags. Let's see what types come up in thiis thread.

The problem with gaf is that they only see pua as one type of people, when it's more than that as there's more than one school of thought on the matter. I guess the pua community really brought it on itself though.

Acerac

Banned
Woman aren't NPCs you can get to do what you want using a conversation wheel. Just be a decent person and that will get you very far.

I've known somebody who had a great amount of success because of books like The Game. Granted, I think it's scummy as hell, but it certainly works.

What the hell is this tripe? And I love the link's wording: "Tested-approved", lol.

Don't we have an official thread dating/pick up thread, too?

That thread is more for dating now, it seems.
This thread was created as an attempt to diffuse tensions in that thread, and keep the PUA related stuff seperated from the other advice in that thread.

Orayn

I liked Penn & Teller's conclusion on this issue from their dating/relationship episode... "We'd like to pitch our own approach to this. How about: Men are People, Women are People, and Both Deserve to be Treated with Love and Respect."

Acerac

Banned
My issue is that it blurs a lot of lines, including consensual ones.

I have no problem saying that the entire business is sketchy as hell. The link you posted about LMR is especially telling.

so is this for people with aspergers?
It is perfect for sociopaths as well. Or people who just REALLY want to get laid and don't care about much beyond that.

Guys, last piece of advice before I leave this thread:

The D.E.N.N.I.S. system:

Demonstrate value
Engage physically
Nurture dependence
Neglect emotionally
Inspire hope
Separate entirely

The D, E, and first N of the D.E.N.N.I.S-system should be followed, not the second N, I, and S.

When you are using manipulative tricks and traits this consciously to try and bed women, and more bluntly trick them in to bed, it's essentially rape imo. She's not consenting to sleeping with you, but a manufactured, false version of you that you've created to lie to women so they fuck you. No consent=rape.

Seanspeed

Banned
When you are using manipulative tricks and traits this consciously to try and bed women, and more bluntly trick them in to bed, it's essentially rape imo. She's not consenting to sleeping with you, but a manufactured, false version of you that you've created to lie to women so they fuck you. No consent=rape.

You for real?

Orayn

Yeah, no kidding. The whole "hunting" approach of PUA is something that makes me incredibly uncomfortable, and I barely comprehend how scary this stuff looks to the people it's supposed to be targeting.

wth? You aren't forcing them to do anything

Yeah, no kidding. The whole "hunting" approach of PUA is something that makes me incredibly uncomfortable, and I barely comprehend how scary this stuff looks to the people it's supposed to be targeting.

Before sex, anti-slut defense often manifests as token resistance put up by the woman to demonstrate that they resisted the sexual advances, which helps absolve them of their guilt of sex, which originates mostly from social programming. Post-sex ASD often involves justifications for the sex act: “It just happened,” “he wouldn’t give up,” “I was really drunk,” etc. PUAs should take this tendency of women into consideration, and make sex as easy for her as possible by taking the lead and responsibility for sex, and providing her with convenient excuses for sleeping with them.

Ugh.

grumble

And when they wear makeup?

Anything other than complete honesty then blurs the same lines.

I think this PLU stuff is.. somewhere between extremely twisted and extremely dorky but I don't see it encouraging people to outright lie about themselves.

Did I miss something watching a Season or 2 of TPU?

Other than that.. I don't see how trying hard to act a certain way is somehow denying someone consent.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Y'all can use this PUA stuff but at some point you are going to have to act like a normal person. At that point the female will probably realize that your real self is not nearly the same as the facade you put up to meet them.

Better to find someone who like the real you not the you acting. If the real you sucks it's probably better in general to try and better yourself. Seems like a more reasonable long term solution as opposed to a bandage.

Cubsfan23

Banned
A lot of these guys have outdated stuff. Zan is the only on here that I would say is "evolved" past focusing on tricks and techniques, and focusing on improving yourself internally.

With that said, you can learn some valuable tips from every guy on these lists, you just gotta pick out what feels right for you, and leave out the creepy stuff.

Kalnos

Banned
How do I penetrate the ASD if I'm trying to FHUTA? This LMR is so annoying!!

these acronyms are hilarious

Anything other than complete honesty then blurs the same lines.

I think this PLU stuff is.. somewhere between extremely twisted and extremely dorky but I don't see it encouraging people to outright lie about themselves.

Did I miss something watching a Season or 2 of TPU?

Other than that.. I don't see how trying hard to act a certain way is somehow denying someone consent.

Did you bother to read the LMR section or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom