• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Halo 4 in game images [Up: Third New Screenshot In OP]

Feindflug

What I wonder is if Halo is going to hit 720p this gen or we are going have to wait for next one to reach that milestone.

Do you think that it would've been that easy to get a 1280*720 framebuffer and Bungie didn't do it? You did the same question at the American Nightmare thread suggesting that they should drop the 4xAA to up the res at 720p.

Do you seriously think that such a thing will be that simple and Bungie & Remedy are in some way incapable of doing this? or are you implying that the above devs didn't want the best possible IQ for their games? o_O

For someone who looks interested in tech in games you come out as pretty ignorant about the limitations of the 360 hardware and especially edram which is pretty much the bottleneck in both situations.

batmanbombbig-1.gif
batmanbombbig-1.gif
batmanbombbig-1.gif
batmanbombbig-1.gif

batmanbombbig-1.gif
batmanbombbig-1.gif
batmanbombbig-1.gif
batmanbombbig-1.gif

batmanbombbig-1.gif
batmanbombbig-1.gif
batmanbombbig-1.gif
batmanbombbig-1.gif

Kibbles

"Everything is a little bit faster, more visceral, and more intense than typical Halo encounter."
UMPH. Faster paced, BR, umph umph.

No MP Beta though :(

Raide

Saw the 'footage' and said yup, that's halo.

I think it was interesting to hear him say the MP maps are all custom built, which is different to Reach and having it based on the SP game. I am guessing 343i saw that as an overall mistake and tried to rectify that for Halo 4.

MMaRsu

Banned
No, it's 2005.

Get a PC.

I have a PC, I don't use it for gaming since I don't want to put 800 euro's into it. And Assassins Creed or Saints Row 3 hardly have this much jaggies.

And I'm a big fan of previous Halo games so don't think I'm some kind of hater, it just looks gross.

No MP beta? The fuck :/

DMeisterJ

Banned
I think it was interesting to hear him say the MP maps are all custom built, which is different to Reach and having it based on the SP game. I am guessing 343i saw that as an overall mistake and tried to rectify that for Halo 4.

That was the best news MP-wise to me. Means 343 won't ship 5 Forge world maps as regular maps to pad numbers.

So much good news today!

Izayoi

Banned
Well that's hardly what I would call "footage". No beta is a massive downer. I don't like where this is going at all.

I have a PC, I don't use it for gaming since I don't want to put 800 euro's into it. And Assassins Creed or Saints Row 3 hardly have this much jaggies.

And I'm a big fan of previous Halo games so don't think I'm some kind of hater, it just looks gross.

No MP beta? The fuck :/
I was in no means calling you out specifically. The game does look hideous, and I don't think that it's excusable, but nowadays developers seem to think that effects > IQ and as a result we get low resolution, low framerate, jagged messes (as is evident here, can't really judge the framerate yet but let's hope that it's better than Reach). If you want any sort of bearable image quality it seems your only option is a PC, which is kind of silly.

MMaRsu

Banned
I love how people latch onto that specific picture.

Why? Because that is obviously the pic that shows the most of the enviroment you'll be playing in, and it looks crappy.

The other shots.. of the MC..great but it's just the MC with a better model, it doesnt impress me.

derFeef

Well that's hardly what I would call "footage". No beta is a massive downer. I don't like where this is going at all.

I was in no means calling you out specifically. The game does look hideous, and I don't think that it's excusable, but nowadays developers seem to think that effects > IQ and as a result we get low resolution, low framerate, jagged messes (as is evident here). If you want any sort of bearable image quality it seems your only option is a PC, which is kind of silly.

Jumping the gun on nda-braking, horrible compressed shots. Yeah.

Miles X

'Holiday 2012' very brave going for a November release against COD, I wonder what MS will have for September ...

Yup, I definitely picked up on the low framerate in the 10 seconds of gameplay I saw, broken up into 2-3 second bursts.

Clear as day.

Wait, what?

Conor 419

Banned
OP - Remove that image from the first post, it's hardly representative of the game and it's giving the wrong impression.

Top Bottom