• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greasy, sweaty hands on your controller or kb/m is the devil. ITT: OCD?

lunchtoast

I never touch my controllers with dirty hands. Ever since I bought rubbing alcohol I'll wipe down my k/b controllers every couple of weeks, more so with a wii remote because my sweat dries so easily on those.

Riggs

Banned
Fucking A OP sweaty controller is the worst. Even worse is idiots who leave controllers sticky. Like did you just wash your hands in fucking fanta before using my controller dude!?

parski

Wiimotes are the worst... The god damn rift that runs along the side of the controller gets really dirty all the time. Sure, all you need is a Q-tip to clean it out, but it has to be done every few sessions...

Wiimotes are the worst... The god damn rift that runs along the side of the controller gets really dirty all the time. Sure, all you need is a Q-tip to clean it out, but it has to be done every few sessions...

And that's why I'm glad I got the special edition Black Wii. Came with two "grip covers" and two wii motion plus things.

I wash my hands thoroughly before I touch anything of value, especially if it belongs to me, so yes, clean hands prior to gaming. I hate people that will just eat a pizza and play some 360 immediately after. WHY?

PKrockin

I don't understand people who eat pizza and don't wash their hands afterwards. Do they like having a layer of grease on their fingers?

Then again most (men) don't even bother to wash their hands after using the restroom so maybe I'm the weird one.

Kesagiri

Yeah I have the same problem. I developed a habit of washing my hands every half hour.

It drives me nuts when other people use my controllers and grease them up. The controllers just feel so used.

Big Chungus

"CAN I PLAY?!"

PDM1y.jpg

My worst nightmare when I was teen and my little brother was watching me play playstation/n64 games.

Mitsurux

After having a No eating while gaming policy for guests/relatives that were at my house for years... I just got tired of enforcing it... (Specifically with kid nephews)... so instead i have a controller set aside for each system that only I use.... no one touches it, and in fact it is put away from view...

but i still find my self wiping off the other controllers with Clorox wipes and a damp rag after people leave...

Pimpbaa

I think the worst is the 3DS. It's glossy finish makes my hands sweat more (even more so if the game stresses the 3DS and makes it warm after long periods of play).

I never EVER play without washing my hands first. And I FORCE everyone playing with my controllers to do the same. Else, they don't play. Simple.

injurai

Banned
My hands only get mildly sweaty if even that. I have always had clean controllers/kb/m. It was always gross to use a controller after someone just rubbed their slug hands all over it.

Top Bottom