• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami announces Vic Viper, Simon Belmont, and Pyramid Head for Super Bomberman R

Redeemed?

This reminds me of a poorly executed Splatoon strategy... I remember it was initially criticized for a lack of content - but then was even re-reviewed.

Obviously the game as launched was kinda broken, but do you think these updates warrant re-reviews?

Literally on a daily basis this game sounds more and more appealing. If I get the Switch I likely will buy this if I can get it for cheap. Can't say it'll replace Mario Kart as my multiplayer game of choice, but it's definitely on my radar now that they've been giving it that extra oomph. Seems so much more polished and appealing now that they've:

*Locked it at 60 fps
*Added new levels
*Added new characters
*Overall just frontloaded with new features and QoL improvements

Super cool of them. Eating crow for my initial lambasting of the game, it seems really cool.

6a00d83451574c69e201b7c8adfb84970b_320wi.jpg

It's very funny that the first cool thing Konami have done in years is adding a monster rapist to Bomberman

I'm not even being sarcastic it's really very funny. I'm looking forward to getting this when I get a Switch now.

Maybe Nintendo can leverage Konami to push these IPs forward and continue to make throwback games? Classic Castlevania throwbacks and such I'd imagine would perform fairly well on Switch.

Whompa02

Wow a bunch of awesome franchises that will never see the light of day again...cool...thanks for the reminder, Konami.

qko

Maybe Nintendo can leverage Konami to push these IPs forward and continue to make throwback games? Classic Castlevania throwbacks and such I'd imagine would perform fairly well on Switch.

I just wonder after #FuckKonami, if Nintendo was the only company left to work with. Sony sided with one of its high profile detractors (as it should have) and from the sounds of its current leadership, it just might never want to do business with Sony ever again. The Konami name in the XBox circles isn't probably too kind either.

I'm guessing this probably left Nintendo in the position to be all "the average Nintendo gamer was not affected by the situation with Kojima. Can we talk about Bomberman tho?" In their conversations with Konami.

I just wonder after #FuckKonami, if Nintendo was the only company left to work with. Sony sided with one of its high profile detractors (as it should have) and from the sounds of its current leadership, it just might never want to do business with Sony ever again. The Konami name in the XBox circles isn't probably too kind either.

I'm guessing this probably left Nintendo in the position to be all "the average Nintendo gamer was not affected by the situation with Kojima. Can we talk about Bomberman tho?" In their conversations with Konami.
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Re: Mastered exclusively for Nintendo Switch!

Budi

The sheer magnitude of the post-launch support for Bomberman is the first good news to come out of Konami in years. It's the complete antithesis to everything they've become in recent times. There was a post in another thread that said his segment this week should literally just be him staring at the screen speechless.

I was gonna challenge you on that, since PES 2017 exists. But then I thought of the PC port...so yeah, they fucked up with PES too.

XandBosch

I really wish this game's art style looked like the marketing art. When I look at that and then watch gameplay it just looks so drab.

Eolz

No. It's just that Bomberman was a small budget, low risk game.
One that wouldn't interest other publishers either.

Did konami make the game or some other studio? I see praises to konami but they are snakes. This is probably the devs doing all of this while konami doesnt give a fuck.
The again i might be wrong

Did konami make the game or some other studio? I see praises to konami but they are snakes. This is probably the devs doing all of this while konami doesnt give a fuck.
Does it really matter? It's their game and ultimately they allowed for it happeb. Don't have to be like those Trump supporters who say stuff like "the health care bills lost wasn't ACTUALLY his fault!"

If a game comes out and it turns out to be good, that can only be a positive thing

Oh wow, the mixed buzz on this game had me putting it on the backburner/buy when it's $15 pile. This sounds really interesting and good to hear its getting alot of post-release support.

Maxim726X

Is... Is it weird that I want to buy a Switch for Mario Kart (already have the Wii U version, never played it), Street Fighter 2 (Probably bought this game 7 times), Binding of Isaac (Have it on every platform already), and this?

I should say no. I should say no.

Hilarion

Konami left AAA game development because putting up tens of millions of dollars and waiting four years for something to come out wasn't working for them anymore. I think that a AA strategy of cheaper games for mobile and Switch (and direct download for the other consoles?) Could be a good fit for them. A Gradius title doesn't need to be AAA to be fun, just like Bomberman.

Regiruler

You can't continue on content updates without publisher approval (that or they're doing it on unpaid time, I don't think Hexadrive that dedicated-almost nobody is).

Jazzem

Konami left AAA game development because putting up tens of millions of dollars and waiting four years for something to come out wasn't working for them anymore. I think that a AA strategy of cheaper games for mobile and Switch (and direct download for the other consoles?) Could be a good fit for them. A Gradius title doesn't need to be AAA to be fun, just like Bomberman.

Honestly this is all I want out of Konami, if this plays out I'd be pretty happy!

Well thaose characters and 60fps are great additions. I'm considering buying this along with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Why the game doesnt looks like the drawn art though

Berordn

It's definitely improved from 30 for in single player. Don't know if it's 60, but it has improved.

Seems to depend on the world. From my quick glances worlds 1 and 3 seem to be around 60 (a couple dips) but world 2 is still kinda chugging along at 30, presumably because of all the shadows.

budpikmin

I would actually love it if they focused on updating their classic franchises with moderate budgets for switch. It would also strike a cord with the Nintendo audience to see some more NES/Famicom revivals like Gradius and Twin bee

Cerium

Is... Is it weird that I want to buy a Switch for Mario Kart (already have the Wii U version, never played it), Street Fighter 2 (Probably bought this game 7 times), Binding of Isaac (Have it on every platform already), and this?

I should say no. I should say no.
Follow your heart.

Top Bottom