• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 11/19/09 - Phoenix Wright (Wiiware), NMH (PS360)

grandjedi6 said:
Why would it likely not see a western release? It may or may not come at this point. There doesn't seem to be much to suggest that it won't come.

He was making fun of AceBandage

Keep telling yourself that bud

I'd rather be telling myself it was a spin off starring Shinobu.

Jonnyram

Surgeon Rocket said:
Reread what was posted:

"Added" as well as dubbing being key.
So it's not a port then. It's got tons of extra content. Wii version was the beta version. Too bad for early adopters, I guess.

TunaLover

Rpgmonkey said:
Apparently from someone who has the issue, taking it with a grain of salt until scans is probably best:

Lufia
-February 25 release, 5,890 Yen
-Developed by Neverland

NMH
-Advance Mode added
-Japanese dubbing added (Nakano, Daizuka, Kurota, Konishi, Takanori? don't know Japanese VAs, will look it up in a sec)
-Erotic Portrait added
-February 25, 5,800 Yen
WTF?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Jonnyram said:
So it's not a port then. It's got tons of extra content. Wii version was the beta version. Too bad for early adopters, I guess.
Enhanced port then.

Point still stands

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Kagari said:
Biohazard 5 Alternative Edition - 2/18/2010, 4980 yen.
DLC will be 500 yen each per episode, two episodes total.
Two costume packs for 200 yen each.
Wait so RE5's DLC only totals $10? For the supposed 2-3 hours of gameplay that actually sounds quite good...

TunaLover

Jonnyram said:
Tons of extras? :lol
Yeah, erotic portrait serious business indeed, Thunder Monkey :lol

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
AceBandage said:
Regardless, it's obvious this port is being made to try and expand the Japanese audience, and only the Japanese audience.
Surgeon Rocket said:
From my edit: In fact, considering No More Heroes 2 doesn't have a release date in Japan, this move is likely being made to help establish the franchise and subsequently improve potential sales for the sequel.

Let me ask you guys something: if this game is in fact being made in order to solely increase the Japanese fanbase and to do better in Japanese sales, then why is there a 360 version?

Alex said:
I wonder if they'd be fixing the awful side missions, pointless city and inept combat along with the controls on NMH.
star-wars-boss-nass-lmao.jpg

grandjedi6 said:
Let me ask you guys something: if this game is in fact being made in order to solely increase the Japanese fanbase and to do better in Japanese sales, then why is there a 360 version?

360 games still sell in Japan, despite common belief.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
grandjedi6 said:
I don't know.

How do franchises get popular?

I don't think it's debatable that No More Heroes is Suda most mainstream project. With that and its alleged poor gameplay aside, It seems that this would have been a logical step to take.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hey guys, Halo 3: ODST was announced at the Tokyo Game Show. It also features an actor from Firefly. I think this clearly shows that Microsoft is using the title SOLELY to expand the Halo audience in Japan and probably has no intention of ever releasing it in the West.

jay

The actual Famitsu article says Suda hates the HD NMH, which is only being released in the Nara Prefecture, and wants to marry the Wii.

Wallach

grandjedi6 said:

People have got to be kidding themselves if they think a PS3/360 version would not be planned for stateside release given the fact that both the IP fanbase and both install bases are larger here than they are in Japan. And if in fact this is some kind of port with added content, then the localization (outside of the new content itself) is almost a non-factor. I don't see any logic in this being a Japan-only release.

grandjedi6

AceBandage said:
360 games still sell in Japan, despite common belief.
Very few do, and only for the most popular games, and still they're almost always made in anticipation of a western release.

Rpgmonkey

Lufia's producer is apparently Kojima Hajime. People are saying it's the same one who was the (Assistant) Producer for Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4.

Scores

Layton (DS) 8/9/9/8
Naruto (Wii) 7/6/5/5
Rabbids Go Home (Wii) 8/7/6/6
Momotetsu (Wii) 8/9/8/8
Mushihime (360) 8/7/7/7

grandjedi6

Surgeon Rocket said:
I don't know.

How do franchises get popular?

I don't think it's debatable that No More Heroes is Suda most mainstream project. With that and its alleged poor gameplay aside, It seems that this would have been a logical step to take.
You don't think its debatable that No More Heroes is Suda's most mainstream project? Are you living in some kind of fantasy land where Suda has made something more mainstream than NMH? Or did you merely misphrase that statement?

Either way, releasing the game to the west would only help make the franchise more popular than not releasing it at all.

Akai

Rpgmonkey said:
If anyone knows what these are, two more:

ももてつ 8988
虫姫  8777

Momotetsu (I assume the train series) and Mushihime...

Magypsy23

Banned
Rpgmonkey said:
If anyone knows what these are, two more:

ももてつ 8988
虫姫  8777

Momotaro Dentetsu
Mushihime

AniHawk

NMH 360 better be built for the ground up. I was hoping this was the Natal game Suda was hinting at a while back. I really wanna see a cel-shaded action game for something more powerful than the Wii.

I guess at the very least this will serve as the groundwork for the third game.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
can we just all get along

Pureauthor said:
You forgot the oil too. Professional masseuse my arse.

IT RUBS THE LOTION ON ITS SKIN OR ELSE IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN

I'm sorry

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Rpgmonkey said:
ももてつ 8988

Mo mo te tsu

I'm guessing Momotaro Dentetsu, which is Hudson's long-running virtual board game series. No idea which installment this one is.

AniHawk said:
NMH 360 better be built for the ground up. I was hoping this was the Natal game Suda was hinting at a while back. I really wanna see a cel-shaded action game for something more powerful than the Wii.

Vesperia's gameplay is pretty actiony.

AniHawk

grandjedi6 said:
You don't think its debatable that No More Heroes is Suda's most mainstream project? Are you living in some kind of fantasy land where Suda has made something more mainstream than NMH? Or did you merely misphrase that statement?

Unless I'm misreading that, I think you misread that.

AniHawk said:

I do think those DBZ games for the PS3 and 360 look pretty good.

I'd just like to see something HD cel-shaded with a competent art direction. Say what you will about Toriyama, but his art design looks identical across every media, and every series he's touched.

It appears I responded to your post without really reading it. Because those DBZ games are fighting games... yeah.

Top Bottom