• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power Reveals All Wii US Million Sellers (W/ Numbers)

radcliff

Thought this might be interesting for Sales-Age. According to NP, the #s (in millions) are as of August NPD:

Wii Play 13.04
Mario Kart Wii 10.64
Super Mario Bros. Wii 8.36
Wii Fit w/ Balance Board 8.15
Wii Sports Resort 6.05
Wii Fit Plus w/ Balance Board 5.35
Super Smash Bros.: Brawl 5.28
Just Dance 2 5.09
Super Mario Galaxy 4.38
Link's Crossbow Training 3.47
Mario Party 8 3.47
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 2.82
Guitar Hero III 2.76
Just Dance 2.71
LEGO Star Wars: Complete Saga 2.48
Super Mario Galaxy 2 2.4
Donkey Kong Country Returns 2.35
Mario & Sonic at Olympic Games 2.12
Carnival Games 1.88
Michael Jackson: Experience 1.88
Game Party 1.78
Wii Fit Plus (Standalone) 1.71
EA Sports Active 1.56
Disney Epic Mickey 1.52
Zumba Fitness: Join the Party 1.42
Deca Sports 1.35
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games 1.34
Rayman Raving Rabbids 1.28
Super Paper Mario 1.27
LEGO Batman 1.17
Wii Music 1.16
Mario Super Sluggers 1.13
Cooking Mama: Cook Off 1.08
LEGO Indiana Jones: Original Adventures 1.08
Animal Crossing: City Folk 1.06
Wipeout: The Game 1.06
Star Wars: Force Unleashed 1.06
Resident Evil 4 1.05
Guitar Hero World Tour 1.02
uDraw 1.02
Rock Band Special Edition 1.01
Call of Duty: World at War 1.01

udivision said:
Link's Crossbow Training 3.47
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 2.82

Huh?
Remember, the GC version of TP sold at least 950,000 in North America. Also, if you want a Zapper, you usually end up with a copy of Crossbow Training...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Really puts Call of Duty's sales into perspective. MW2 sitting at over 20 million, and Black Ops at 19 in just under a year. Yikes.

Wii Fit with board, Wii Fit Plus with board, and Wii Fit Plus standalone combined top the list.

I'm not sure if Wii Fit Plus is like a true sequel or what it really contains but that's still pretty impressive.

fernoca

Lyphen said:
Really puts Call of Duty's sales into perspective. MW2 sitting at over 20 million, and Black Ops at 19 in just under a year. Yikes.
In what perspective? :p

The Call of Duty numbers are worldwide, across multiple platforms.

This numbers are one console, in one region.

[example: Wii Fit is at 22 million copies worldwide as of May 2010. And still, only on Wii]

Moaradin

ds-it-prints-money490.jpg

drspeedy

Enlightening... No surprise at the Wii Play and Link's CB training, everything with a peripheral seemed to be a big seller early on. But uDraw is more recent (aka post-novelty), that one caught me by surprise a bit.

Poor sonic... Had to sell his furry blue soul to get any numbers on Wii... (Ok, ok, his games do suck nowadays, that counts, too)

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Lyphen said:
Aren't those worldwide numbers?

Nm, beaten.
drspeedy said:
Poor sonic... Had to sell his furry blue soul to get any numbers on Wii... (Ok, ok, his games do suck nowadays, that counts, too)
Pretty sure the Wii Sonic games sold well. Not everything under a million in the NPD is suddenly shit...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
fernoca said:
In what perspective? :p

The Call of Duty numbers are worldwide, across multiple platforms.

This numbers are one console, in one region.

[example: Wii Fit is at 22 million copies worldwide as of May 2010]
Even if we were to arbitrarily split Black Op's in half (since I don't know the WW split - and that's a generous split), 10 million in less than a year compared to 13 in 4 is impressive.

Triton55 said:
Metroid Prime 3 didn't crack a million in the US?
:(
I wonder if 3 + Trilogy combined did, but who knows...

On that note though, given how expensive Trilogy is and that it's the only way to get US Wii versions of Metroid Prime 1 or 2, it's too bad that they won't re-release it.

Ondore

Twilight Princess was a launch game that went to $20 four months ago. Crossbow Training's been $20 since launch, and comes with the Zapper.

Problem solved.

Mdk7

OnPoint said:
BRING THE SEQUEL ON!
Yeah the lack of a sequel to Link's Crossbow Training is pretty absurd, given the sales of the original and the cost of its development (surely ridiculous).
My GF would be sooo happy to play a second one! :p

Dash Kappei said:
Super Mario Galaxy 4.38

Super Mario Galaxy2 2.4

Triton55 said:
Metroid Prime 3 didn't crack a million in the US?
Sounds about right.

Metroid doesn't sell. Never has. I kind of wonder why Nintendo persists with it. It makes little sense from a business perspective.

Yup.

fernoca

Lyphen said:
Even if we were to arbitrarily split Black Op's in half (since I don't know the WW split - and that's a generous split), 10 million in less than a year compared to 13 in 4 is impressive.
Well, yeah is a good number. But kinda not related. :p

If you want to compare, for example:

-Mario Kart Wii did 15 million worldwide in 11 months, in just 1 platform (and one main SKU: game + wheel).
-Black Ops did 23 million* worldwide in 9 months, in 5 (retail) platforms (360, PS3, Wii, DS, PC), 1 hardware bundle (PS3 + game) and 3 SKUs (regular, hardened, prestige).
[Or 23 million worldwide in two platforms, 1 hardware bundle and 3 SKUs..according to Activision; check *]

Not saying BOs numbers are worse or anything; but still..the numbers in the main post are: US only and Wii only. If anything, it should be put in similar perspective (one console + one region)

[*
Though, Activision said the 23 million number was from "HD sales"...so guess that doesn't include Wii and DS :p .. apparently doesn't include PC, neither. XD
]

Top Bottom