• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan getting The Last of Us and Destiny PS4 Limited Edition Consoles

Takao

Banned
OqprZOC.jpg
5xCv9is.jpg

http://store.sony.jp/Special/Game/Ps4/The-Last-of-us/
August 21st (Sony.com exclusive)

BeoGImf.jpg

September 11th (General Retail Version)
http://pur.store.sony.jp/Qnavi/Product/CUHJ-10005/

ILI2hFM.jpg
DAcQamA.jpg

http://store.sony.jp/Special/Game/Ps4/Destiny/
September 11th (Sony.com exclusive)

SFenton

YES to the Destiny bundle. Even the logo on it looks gorgeous.
RESOUNDING NO to another gold-on-black faceplate.

Oh good god, that Last of Us one. Even if it isn't visually pleasing to most people, I'd still lap it up.

BUT OOOOOOOOH MY, THAT DESTINY ONE. IF I HAD DISPOSABLE INCOME, I'D BUY IT IN A HEARTBEAT! (and if I didn't have a PS4 already)

Why can't the NA region Destiny bundle have the game insignia?!?

have the bundle preordered and I love the branding JP is getting

How limited are these?

Edit: Destiny one looks decent but 47000 yen? Ew @ MSRP bundles. I think I will wait for a different bundle.

Sharpeye

TLOU sold well in Japan so hopefully the bundle does well. Not sure how well Destiny will do though, how popular is Halo in Japan?

libregkd

Honestly would like the Last of Us one more without Joel/Ellie's faces and "The Last Of Us" in a larger font.

Destiny one looks great though.

Take the Destiny one, change the logo to a Frozen potrait and thats how the Frozen PS4 should look.

Black and gold doesnt work at all, it just looks lazy.

fedexpeon

Banned
Wow...How can they mess up TLOU bundle?
Black+Gold images=stupid looking.

But man, at least they can pick up the JP Destiny Bundle since JP White PS4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Western.

Can I just buy the white Destiny clip on?

Come on Sony! Let me give you money!

TLOU sold well in Japan so hopefully the bundle does well. Not sure how well Destiny will do though, how popular is Halo in Japan?
COD and BF sell better than I expected. If they tailor the market around the social co-op aspect of the combat it should do pretty well.

Pretend it's a sci-fi FPS Monster Hunter!

nib95

Banned
Why can't Sony just sell those art segments as add on's? That particular part is really easy to clip off. If the Last of Us one was without the type and moved over to the left to fill the new gap, it would have been a keeper for me.

Superflat

Come on, they didn't even try to make the TLOU design look good lol

Destiny's looks better and it's literally jsut the font + logo lol (also not worth it really)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
They need to stahp with the gold plastered on black, lol. The frozen + LoU ones would be instantly improved with other colors.

Gray Matter

Why the hell doesn't NA
and other territories
get this. The PS4 isn't even selling well in Japan. And with 2 western games, c'mon.

tumblr_m9j7tlX7PT1qc3ju8o2_500.gif

Japan seems to get all the good stuff. I swear they get a console edition of every other game that comes out. Hell they even got a Frozen PS4 (I still don't understand that one).

lupinko

The Destiny one is rad, if I wasn't going to buy WiiU this year, I would have went for the ps4, dunno which one tho.

I'm in Japan so I have those options.

Mentok

Banned
These look terrible....seriously, that is one area where MS really shined on the 360. Some of those LE consoles were a thing of beauty.

hqdefault.jpg

i-Jest

I'm pretty sure you can preorder the Destiny LE in North America. Well, we can in Canada at least. Best Buy, Future Shop, and Amazon have it up for preorder

XBP

Talk about being lazy. Sony could've put some more effort in designing a limited edition console.

mollipen

Why can't the NA region Destiny bundle have the game insignia?!?

No. No. NO.

Look, I feel bad for anyone who wants one of these Destiny PS4s. (I don't understand you or your weird desires, but I feel bad for you.) But don't curse those of us that just want a basic white system!

If SCEA would actually give us proper color choices outside of bundles, there'd be no problem. But they refuse to, so that bundle is the only way I can get a sweet white PS4.

Senteevs

I hope I can get a white PS4 in Europe. I've been waiting for that. It's the only reason I haven't bought a PS4 already. Amazon in Europe has none listed.

Top Bottom